• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Coming Soon To Your Browser--Whether You Like It Or Not

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
Funny that this was published on rt

No need to install: Microsoft has controversial fake news filter NewsGuard built into mobile browser

Corporate and neocon-backed startup NewsGuard is one step closer to its vision of bringing its “unreliable” news rater to every screen after Microsoft makes it an integral part of its Edge mobile browser.

Rather than having to download an app as before, Edge users on Android and Apple devices can now just click one button to enable its “green-red rating signal if a website is trying to get it right or instead has a hidden agenda or knowingly publishes falsehoods or propaganda.”

Among the green-rated websites: Voice of America, CNN, Buzzfeed, the Guardian, New York Times and the Washington Post, as well as left-leaning upstarts such as Vice News and Refinery 29. Ones that are given the red warning label of “failing to maintain basic standards of accuracy and accountability”: RT and Sputnik (obviously enough) and the right-wing Daily Mail, Breitbart and the Drudge Report, in addition to hundreds of other non-mainstream news websites such as Wikileaks.

https://www.rt.com/news/449530-newsguard-edge-browser-media-integrated/

"What is this "Edge" of which you speak?" asked the smug Linux user.

I'm on Opera. I think the last time I used a shitty Microsoft or Google spy browser was probably 2010. F-em and their fake news.