• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Confirmed Active Shooter Greenwood Park Mall, Indiana - 12 Shot, 2 Dead

Im an expert pistol shot in both Army and with the Sheriffs Department. IMO 30 YARDS with handgun, in a crowded venue whilst under fire, with no friendlies casualties and landing effective and incapacitating hits is nothing short of remarkable. 👍🏻👍🏻
Holy Crap. Its now reported that The Good Guy with a Gun engaged from 40 yards, landing 8 out of 10 rounds! He has no Military or Police Training. It is all on video. 15 seconds it was over. Amazing.

I couldn't do that. Could you do that? Why can he do it? Who is that guy?

Holy Crap. Its now reported that The Good Guy with a Gun engaged from 40 yards, landing 8 out of 10 rounds! He has no Military or Police Training. It is all on video. 15 seconds it was over. Amazing.

I couldn't do that. Could you do that? Why can he do it? Who is that guy?
I could do it on a range I do not know if I could in a gun fight.
You know maybe he’s just young enough to not have realized how much danger he was in and just responded automatically

Many people have concealed guns but don't stand a chance against the mass shooter.
Only people that are cold as f... can pull this off.
It's the same kind of people but the coin has two sides.
A good and a bad side, it's a choice they can make very swiftly without going through any emotions.

Many people have concealed guns but don't stand a chance against the mass shooter.
A good and a bad side, it's a choice they can make very swiftly without going through any emotions.
Well I wouldn't generalise like that, some people carry concealed firearms because they don't feel safe or other reasons. I imagine very few are sociopaths (with regards to legal concealed firearm owners).

Well I wouldn't generalise like that,
I wasn't but you implify it.
some people carry concealed firearms because they don't feel safe or other reasons.
Do you play games like you didn't get it?
I imagine very few are sociopaths (with regards to legal concealed firearm owners).
But here you show that you did understand and again a very few could have pulled this off
and all of them have this "kind" of grin but they learn to conceal this too.

I could do it on a range I do not know if I could in a gun fight.
I can also do it on the range or my back pasture. I can tell you for a fact I cant do that in combat. FBI reports agents MISS 80% of their shots in a firefight. Military figures which are far worse are, IMHO, not applicable due to the application of covering fire on round count expenditures and the vastly increased lethality of the environment.
You know maybe he’s just young enough to not have realized how much danger he was in and just responded automatically
I agree 100%

Last edited:
It can also be a learned behavior.

I agree with you. I would add that someone WITHOUT a projectile weapon has poor chances against a Mass shooter

I think the story is weird, who would put 8 rounds in someone when a couple should be enough.
And 8 out of 10 at 40 yards seems unreal.

Id' expect that the real story was that he has killed him from a close distance with a couple of shots, probably from behind or that he knew him at least and wasn't at risk of getting shot.
And that he knew what the "mass shooter" was going to do and so he made sure he was dead and couldn't speak so he could become the hero.
So he had to let him kill at least a person.

The required skill level is possible but practice and lots of time at home on the range is really what is needed. A true case of practice makes perfect.

I think the story is weird, who would put 8 rounds in someone when a couple should be enough.
And 8 out of 10 at 40 yards seems unreal.

Id' expect that the real story was that he has killed him from a close distance with a couple of shots, probably from behind or that he knew him at least and wasn't at risk of getting shot.
And that he knew what the "mass shooter" was going to do and so he made sure he was dead and couldn't speak so he could become the hero.
So he had to let him kill at least a person.
Its on video and there were numerous eye witnesse as well as shell casings. That is why the police moved the distance from an estimate of 30 yards to a measured 40yds.

Its on video and there were numerous eye witnesse as well as shell casings. That is why the police moved the distance from an estimate of 30 yards to a measured 40yds.
I still say it was just a young man with some good skills and too young to realize how dangerous a situation he was in.
I’ve known guys who had almost a supernatural brain to motor skills coordination. There is no thinking, just decide and act. Decide and act, the body does what it’s practiced to do.
It’s the whole concept of muscle memory of professional athletes and highly trained military personnel.
Some guys - especially athletes are gifted at allowing their body and motor functions just do what it knows to do.