• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Constitutional questions

Obreid

Power Poster III
What commonly accepted activities are you willing or unwilling to allow the government to curtail during this crisis?

Travel
Walking or driving in public while maintaining safe distances
Weapon or ammunition purchases
On line Comentary or social media conversations regarding the outbreak.
Refusal to remain in place when You feel it’s better for you to relocate to safer surrounding.

Well from my understanding many constitutional provisions or rights we had are virtually gone with a national emergency declared and several war time powers enacted. Government has full provisions to do whatever it deems necessary to stop the emergency.

The fact the president alone now has the power to cut communication and freeze our bank accounts at his soul whim is enough for me. The fact I wouldn't even trust the man to take the trash out says a lot for me with those kinda war powers at his hands.

Last edited:
Well from my understanding many constitutional provisions or rights we had are virtually gone with a national emergency declared and several war time powers enacted. Government has full provisions to do whatever it deems necessary to stop the emergency.

The fact the president alone now has the power to cut communication and freeze our bank accounts at his soul whim is enough for me. The fact I wouldn't even trust the man to take the trash out says a lot for me with those kinda war powers at his hands.
You can rest assured that anything trump does even remotely questionable will be vigorously challenged in the courts at every step.
The federal gov gave themselves the authority to seize people’s property and finances without a court ruling several decades ago

Right now it’s a whole lot of governors which are closing businesses and limiting the free movement of their citizens not the federal.
As it is now in several states you are prohibited from traversing their states unless it meets a certain narrow definition of essential activities that disturbs me.
Freedom of movement is as ingrained in the American panorama of inherent rights as the freedom of speech or to bear arms.

No,

"For Instance, The President Can, With The Flick Of His Pen, Activate Laws Allowing Him To Shut Down Many Kinds Of Electronic Communications Inside The United States Or Freeze Americans’ Bank Accounts. "

"block financial transactions or freeze assets in response to foreign threats. "

"presidential power to declare eminent domain over private property for instance like building a border wall without restictions from the Senate, House, or Court"

"many other emergency powers Congress has given the president over the decades for national emergencies, giving the president absulte power over many aspects of the government and over every aspect of American citizen."

"control over internet traffic inside the United States "

I was right for what I said. Just with a quick 3 minute search shows what I said is indeed what is. You can rest assure that Trump won't have any vigorously challenges in the courts because in a National Emergency they do not and cannot go against any war time president actions no matter how drastic or small.

Maybe you or other people don't understand but once he declared national emergency and passed war time acts to get even more power, there isn't one thing Trump can't do without permission. This gives him free rain to do literally do whatever he wants.

But so far he hasn't used any of these powers, probably cause if he did make any shady move/s like he always does mixed along with these powers there will be mass riots. (personally --->) Id help flame those riots too if Trump makes a shady shifty shisty move. Maybe the secret service will hang him up high on top of the white house flag poll to make a example of people like him along with the senate. OR at very least he gets Covid-2019 and he dies gasping for breath while water fills his lungs.

Last edited:
No,

"For Instance, The President Can, With The Flick Of His Pen, Activate Laws Allowing Him To Shut Down Many Kinds Of Electronic Communications Inside The United States Or Freeze Americans’ Bank Accounts. "

"block financial transactions or freeze assets in response to foreign threats. "

"presidential power to declare eminent domain over private property for instance like building a border wall without restictions from the Senate, House, or Court"

"many other emergency powers Congress has given the president over the decades for national emergencies, giving the president absulte power over many aspects of the government and over every aspect of American citizen."

"control over internet traffic inside the United States "

I was right for what I said. Just with a quick 3 minute search shows what I said is indeed what is. You can rest assure that Trump won't have any vigorously challenges in the courts because in a National Emergency they do not and cannot go against any war time president actions no matter how drastic or small.

Maybe you or other people don't understand but once he declared national emergency and passed war time acts to get even more power, there isn't one thing Trump can't do without permission. This gives him free rain to do literally do whatever he wants.

But so far he hasn't used any of these powers, probably cause if he did make any shady move/s like he always does mixed along with these powers there will be mass riots. (personally --->) Id help flame those riots too if Trump makes a shady shifty shisty move. Maybe the secret service will hang him up high on top of the white house flag poll to make a example of people like him along with the senate. OR at very least he gets Covid-2019 and he dies gasping for breath while water fills his lungs.
I wasn’t disagreeing with you on what he can do, you are correct. But he hasn’t yet he might and I very well might disagree with it.
Was simply pointing out several governors republicans and democrats have instituted much tougher restrictions than the federal gov thus far.
If I gave the impression I was refuting the implied powers the president has it was not intended.

The federal gov had always retained those powers rightly or wrongly.

Lincoln suspended Habius Corpus and were still arguing today if he was correct to do so.
That’s the checks and balances of our system.
Trump has made administrative desicisions and they’ve been challenged in the courts and those administrative decisions have been reversed or delayed waiting on appeal.

Presidents have always been accused of overreach via executive decision or administrative change.
President Trump is no different.

My concern is with travel restrictions primarily right now as instituted by state gov.

Yes I understand now, still the fact the government is allotting power to the executive branch and government agencies so that they can go against our many rights as citizens is quite unnerving. Even more unnerving is the people right now whom have these powers not just Trump.

@Your concern:
The travel restriction I don't think really go against any solid bedrock constitutional rights. That seems reasonable within range, I mean in sometimes of a natural disaster where ordered to evacuate, so seems legal with a kinda legal precedent with evacuation orders, so its without stepping on our constitutional rights IMO.

Last edited:
What worries me is not the Virus but the fact they have enacted CONOP3600 fully mobilizing our military to lock down the east coast, activating all bunkers for the leadership to dig in and wait it out while the regular flu has still killed more.
FEMA has total control over the US right now along with Trump and the military.
They are just waiting for everything to slowly get to a certain point and then you will see tanks on the streets of America for the first time in history outside of a parade.
This whole shelter in place is BS. Its Martial law, plain and simple! Americans will lose their minds the second the government tells them they cant buy guns anymore, even when they have pretty much sold out anyway.
There is more going on than just this virus causing our military to do this, just do not know what it is yet.
Im praying the military is led by some God fearing Patriotic Trump supporters because a few of them will have unlimited power with one well placed attack.
Their are two big no nos for me. Dont come tell me what im going to do, to my house as im smart enough to not go out and get people sick if I ever was and dont even act like your gonna take anyones guns during this.

Americans are very patient but we will only take so much BS before we are heavily inconvenienced. The minute it looks like people's rights are being trampled on is when government will quickly realize they have really over stepped and in a bad way.

What worries me is not the Virus but the fact they have enacted CONOP3600 fully mobilizing our military to lock down the east coast, activating all bunkers for the leadership to dig in and wait it out while the regular flu has still killed more.

I don't mean any disrespect to you rudemarine. You may have information that the rest of us don't have privey. I've checked around, and I don't have any resources like most of you members do here at the defconwarningsystem, but how do you know of these military mobilizations beyond National Guard deployment? I've seen none with my own eyes. I've heard none with my own ears. I've only seen some old Youtube video clips of train footage hauling military hardware put into recent new videos to cause conspiracy theory and fear. Do you have proof that the USA military is preparing Martial Law and will have tanks and troops on our streets or is it a gut feeling?