• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Corona virus outbreak Febuary 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • There are now 821 coronavirus cases in Italy
    • Borelli explained that 412 of the cases did not show symptoms and are currently in home isolation
  • Spain coronavirus cases reach 34, there are 32 patients in quarantine in:
    • 6 in Andalusia
    • 1 in Aragon
    • 2 in Castilla Leon
    • 10 in Valencia
    • 5 in Canary Islands
    • 5 in Madrid
    • 3 in Catalonia.
  • US House leader says it's "not encouraging" that scientists need White House approval to speak on coronavirus
  • There's no known shortages of medical devices in the US due to coronavirus, FDA says
-CNN

Last edited:
  • Kenya court orders all passengers on flight from China quarantined
  • 13% of Americans have already changed travel plans due to coronavirus, survey says
  • US Federal Reserve chair says coronavirus poses an "evolving risk” to economic activity
  • Israel confirms 2 new coronavirus cases, bringing the country's total to 7
  • Google cancels summit over coronavirus concerns
  • Global markets are on course for their worst week since the 2008 financial crisis
  • Amazon asks employees to postpone non-essential travel
  • The latest numbers:
    • The novel coronavirus has killed more than 2,800 people worldwide
    • The vast majority of infections in mainland China
    • There have been more than 83,000 global cases
    • With infections in every continent except Antarctica
-CNN

• A dog is in quarantine after testing a 'weak positive', in Hong Kong
    • Hong Kong officials say that any mammal pets owned by infected patients be brought in for quarantine and testing.
    • Thousands of pets have been abandoned in cities under quarantine in China as owners are unable to return.
  • Pentagon warns coronavirus poses increased "threat" in areas US troops serve
  • When should I reconsider my travel plans? Tariro Mzezewa a travel reporter says,
    • "I think if your trip is a few months away, you're okay. This is a really fluid situation. Things are changing not even weekly, but day-to-day things are changing, so if you've got a trip at the end of April, give it a little bit more time and see how the situation evolves," she said.
  • The travel industry's largest trade show canceled due to coronavirus
-CNN

Last edited:
This is very bad if house pets can be infected and spread the virus.... :eek::cautious:😓
I’m not sure they’ve decided pets can actually contract the virus. Swabs of dogs nasal passages found the virus present there.
Dogs noses are like Hoover vacuums. They use them for everything from seeing what’s for dinner to saying hello and sussing out where you’ve been and if you’ve been cheating on them.

Maybe they can be carriers?
It is a definite maybe and cannot be confirmed or denied at this point.

It's not good when government says bring in all the mammal pets that where around the infected....

Remember it's China, not like they would tell the truth right away. No official positive case as of yet.

Last edited:
  • Iraq announces new coronavirus case, bringing total to 8
  • Mexico confirms its second case of coronavirus
  • The World Health Organization has announced the coronavirus outbreak has reached the “highest level” of risk for the world.
  • Florida is currently monitoring 150 people for coronavirus
  • The Dow:
    • Closed 357 points, or 1.4%, lower, on its seventh day in the red. At its worst, the index was down nearly 1,086 points.
  • The index
    • Dropped 12.4% this week.
  • The S&P 500
    • Finished down 0.8%. For the week, it dropped 11.5%.
  • The Nasdaq Composite
    • Closed flat, falling 10.5% on the week.

Last edited:
Here you go. ZodiGrand group, a real estate giant in #Sichuan province, listed as No. 220 among the top 500 private-owned companies in #China in 2019, is dismissing employees as it says it cannot pay salaries for Jan & Feb due to #COVID2019 #Coronavirus #CoronavirusOutbreak https://t.co/3XD9T8BjHO

Comment by @zhangtianliang: Economic impact of #COVID2019 definitely >0.1%. #China can have the second #CoronavirusOutbreak in 2-3 weeks. Global supply chain interrupted. All nations affected. US may establish demestic supply chain first, and become the engine...

When inspecting #COVID2019 control in #Wuhan, new #CCP secretary finds over 400K severe and chronic patients have a problem getting medicine, as after #CoronavirusOutbreak, out of 216 medical institutions, only 30 can provide outpatient service...
https://t.co/JOR0Hb8CTB https://t.co/kSBCEeybMI
..to those severe and chronic patients. Also, the party secretary had to visit the city "secretly"(without notifying anybody that he was going) to find out the true situation, the report says.

• President Trump says he hopes Federal Reserve 'gets involved' over economic fears related to coronavirus
    • "I hope the Fed gets involved and I hope they get involved soon," Trump said.
  • 70 additional US military medical personnel head to South Korea, official says
  • US State Department raises travel advisory for Italy amid coronavirus outbreak
  • Coronavirus cases in Spain rise to 39
  • Monaco reports its first case of coronavirus
  • Alaska Airlines suspends change and cancellation fees due to coronavirus
  • 63rd case of coronavirus confirmed in US
  • 🔥BREAKING NEWS 🔥: The 63rd confirmed case of coronavirus in the US has 'evidence of community transmission,' medical officials say
    • "This new case indicates that there is evidence of community transmission, but the extent is still not clear," said Dr. Sara
    • "I understand this may be concerning to hear, but this is what we have been preparing for. Now we need to start taking additional actions to slow down the spread of the disease" said Dr. Sara

Here we go, second case in US not involving any travel history or contact with known infected. Just a matter of time before it blows up in some cities across the US.

Last edited:
  • President Trump says he hopes Federal Reserve 'gets involved' over economic fears related to coronavirus
    • "I hope the Fed gets involved and I hope they get involved soon," Trump said.
  • 70 additional US military medical personnel head to South Korea, official says
  • US State Department raises travel advisory for Italy amid coronavirus outbreak
  • Coronavirus cases in Spain rise to 39
  • Monaco reports its first case of coronavirus
  • Alaska Airlines suspends change and cancellation fees due to coronavirus
  • 63rd case of coronavirus confirmed in US
  • BREAKING NEWS: The 63rd confirmed case of coronavirus in the US has 'evidence of community transmission,' medical officials say
    • "This new case indicates that there is evidence of community transmission, but the extent is still not clear," said Dr. Sara
    • "I understand this may be concerning to hear, but this is what we have been preparing for. Now we need to start taking additional actions to slow down the spread of the disease" said Dr. Sara

Here we go, second case in US not involving any travel history or contact with known infected. Just a matter of time before it blows up in some cities across the US.

Right where I live! Well, this is definitely concerning. I'm making a few last minute supply runs wearing an N-95 respirator, and then I'm working from home from now on. I have enough supplies to live comfortably for 1 month, or I can ration things out to get by for 3 months. I'll be trying to provide you with as many updates as I can, but I'll probably be busy with teleconferencing and such.

I cannot stress enough that if you live anywhere within North America, the time to prepare is this upcoming week at best! After that, it will be way too late.

• Port of Los Angeles estimates 25% decrease in volume due to coronavirus
  • Bill Gates pens op-ed saying coronavirus is a 'once-in-century pandemic'
  • "If the coronavirus keeps spreading, there will be a crisis of the hospitals, not only for those infected, but for all patients,"
  • Italian hospitals face an "overcrowding crisis"
  • Globally, 2,922 people have died from coronavirus,
    • Iran: 34 deaths
    • Italy: 21 deaths
    • South Korea: 16 deaths
    • Japan: 10 deaths
    • Hong Kong: 2 deaths
    • France: 2 deaths
    • Philippines: 1 death
    • Taiwan: 1 death
  • Global spread:
    • The total number of confirmed cases now stands at more than 84,000, with more than 5,000 cases outside of mainland China.
    • New clusters are fast expanding elsewhere, with rising infection rates in South Korea, Iran and Italy. In total, the virus has now spread to more than 56 countries and territories outside of mainland China.

Last edited:
What do you see happening?

Unless major intervention efforts take place, there appears to be a 1-2 week lag between detection of community transmission and widespread outbreaks. These won't necessarily all hit the same areas at the same time, but it appears that whenever sustained transmission begins, it picks up in intensity very quickly.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if major metropolitan areas get hit first. The cases in the Bay Area are a "sentinel event". It's here, and it's spreading. Think about the destinations that people typically travel to from San Francisco and give it a couple of weeks. From there, it will continue to spread outwards, unless health authorities enact strict lockdowns.

• Southeast Asian leaders meeting with President Trump postponed
  • There are now 25 confirmed coronavirus cases in Australia
  • Malaysia reports two new coronavirus cases, bringing its total number of cases to 25
  • 🔥Oregon's first presumptive case of coronavirus is confirmed community spread🔥
    • A presumptive case means that a test at a state, county or city lab shows that someone has tested positive for coronavirus, but that result has not yet been confirmed by the CDC’s lab in Atlanta.
    • “There was no known travel exposure for this individual, so this is a case of community spread of the disease
  • South Korea reports 594 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the country's total cases to 2,931
  • The spouse of a United States Forces Korea service member has tested positive for coronavirus
  • 124 health workers at one US hospital have been forced to self-quarantine after possible coronavirus exposure
    • workers from one hospital in California have been asked to stay home over fears they may have been exposed to a coronavirus patient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.