Coronavirus April 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumboy44

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
Russia deploys CBRN protection troops in all Russian military districts

An undisclosed number of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) protection troops have been decontaminating hundreds of square kilometres daily in all of Russia’s four military districts, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has reported in a series of announcements since 24 April.

CBRN protection troops equipped with decontamination vehicles and kits are consuming tens of tonnes of calcium hypochlorite bleaching agent each day. The interiors and exteriors of factories, administrative buildings, food halls, road surfaces, vehicles, and open spaces are being decontaminated, while checkpoints and health facilities are being established.

Western Military District (WMD) commander General Alexander Zhuravlev announced during a video conference on 24 April that CBRN protection troops were decontaminating infrastructure in 26 regions.

Obreid

Power Poster
Russia deploys CBRN protection troops in all Russian military districts

An undisclosed number of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) protection troops have been decontaminating hundreds of square kilometres daily in all of Russia’s four military districts, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has reported in a series of announcements since 24 April.

CBRN protection troops equipped with decontamination vehicles and kits are consuming tens of tonnes of calcium hypochlorite bleaching agent each day. The interiors and exteriors of factories, administrative buildings, food halls, road surfaces, vehicles, and open spaces are being decontaminated, while checkpoints and health facilities are being established.

Western Military District (WMD) commander General Alexander Zhuravlev announced during a video conference on 24 April that CBRN protection troops were decontaminating infrastructure in 26 regions.

What do you make of this?
Seems like an extreme measure to go to, it could be just to alleviate public fears.

It’s these kinds of things governments are and have done that really make me suspicious about what we don’t know regarding the Wuhan virus.
Carrying out a nation wide decontamination protocol for a virus that will, by all accounts, still eventually spread anyway and isn’t a ELE seems extreme.

willrod1989

Seems like an extreme measure to go to, it could be just to alleviate public fears.

It’s these kinds of things governments are and have done that really make me suspicious about what we don’t know regarding the Wuhan virus.
Carrying out a nation wide decontamination protocol for a virus that will, by all accounts, still eventually spread anyway and isn’t a ELE seems extreme.
From my understanding, this appears to be an attempt to alleviate public fears. There has been a majot backlash against the Russian government by the public for a perceived weak handling of the pandemic.

As for the increased awareness of Kawasaki syndrome in children, I can confirm that this is something that public health officials are taking seriously. This virus continues to hit us with new surprises, but most of these appear to be related to the body's immune response to the virus itself. I should hopefully have more information for you guys within the next few days!

-Will

Drumboy44

DEFCON Staff
Staff member

Maybe alittle extreme and as you say probably pointless. What could be more interesting & what I am wondering is what Russia's military learned from there time in Italy with dealing with the virus and how they plan to carry it out country wide.

Obreid

Power Poster
From my understanding, this appears to be an attempt to alleviate public fears. There has been a majot backlash against the Russian government by the public for a perceived weak handling of the pandemic.

As for the increased awareness of Kawasaki syndrome in children, I can confirm that this is something that public health officials are taking seriously. This virus continues to hit us with new surprises, but most of these appear to be related to the body's immune response to the virus itself. I should hopefully have more information for you guys within the next few days!

-Will
It is hard to know anything definitive right now.

Obreid

Power Poster
Maybe alittle extreme and as you say probably pointless. What could be more interesting & what I am wondering is what Russia's military learned from there time in Italy with dealing with the virus and how they plan to carry it out country wide.
China was doing a similar type operation in Wuhan back in February. Fogging the streets with hand and truck mounted machines.

Drumboy44

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
US INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY STATEMENT ON ORIGINS OF COVID-19

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence today issued the following Intelligence Community (IC) statement:

“The entire Intelligence Community has been consistently providing critical support to U.S. policymakers and those responding to the COVID-19 virus, which originated in China. The Intelligence Community also concurs with the wide scientific consensus that the COVID-19 virus was not manmade or genetically modified.

“As we do in all crises, the Community’s experts respond by surging resources and producing critical intelligence on issues vital to U.S. national security. The IC will continue to rigorously examine emerging information and intelligence to determine whether the outbreak began through contact with infected animals or if it was the result of an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan.”

Drumboy44

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
Senior U.S. officials are beginning to explore proposals for punishing or demanding financial compensation from China for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic, according to four senior administration officials with knowledge of internal planning.

The move could splinter already strained relations between the two superpowers at a perilous moment for the global economy.

Senior officials across multiple government agencies are expected to meet Thursday to begin mapping out a strategy for seeking retaliatory measures against China, two people with knowledge of the meeting said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to disclose the planning. Officials in American intelligence agencies are also involved in the effort.

President Trump has fumed to aides and others in recent days about China, blaming the country for withholding information about the virus, and has discussed enacting dramatic measures that would probably lead to retaliation by Beijing, these people said.

In private, Trump and aides have discussed stripping China of its “sovereign immunity,” aiming to enable the U.S. government or victims to sue China for damages. George Sorial, who formerly served as a top executive at the Trump Organization and is involved in a class-action lawsuit against China, told The Washington Post he and senior White House officials have discussed limiting China’s sovereign immunity. Legal experts say an attempt to limit China’s sovereign immunity would be extremely difficult to accomplish and may require congressional legislation.

Some administration officials have also discussed having the United States cancel part of its debt obligations to China, two people with knowledge of internal conversations said. It was not known if the president has backed this idea. Two senior White House economic officials ruled out the possibility of doing so shortly after this story was published.

Obreid

Power Poster
Below is quote and link to paper published in 2015 by researchers at Wuhan lab and scientist in US and Switzerland.
It does not provide direct evidence that Covid-19 is lab created. It does prove openly though that the Wuhan lab was doing genetic research with bat corona viruses and had “created a chimera” virus that was very virulent to human respiratory system. It also noted the chimeric virus does not respond well to known therapeutic treatment.

“The WIV lab, along with researchers in the U.S. and Switzerland, showed in 2015 the scary-good capability of bat coronaviruses to thrive in human cells. In that paper, which was published in 2015 in the journal Nature Medicine, they described how they had created a chimeric SARS-like virus out of the surface spike protein of a coronavirusfound in horseshoe bats, called SHC014, and the backbone of a SARS virus that could be grown in mice. The idea was to look at the potential of coronaviruses circulating in bat populations to infect humans”

Again I suppose I’m hung up on “naturally occurring” virus.
All past research indicates a intermediary host has always been necessary for transmission of corona viruses from bats to humans. Human to human transmission has also be unusual as well I believe. To date there has been no intermediary host between bats and humans identified.

The article explains how the scientist at the lab and others in collaboration w/the lab “had” created a chimera virus from the naturally occurring bat corona virus
(Which seems on the surface to be very similar to Covid-19 at least in pathologies, my observation)

It’s it’s not a smoking gun that covid-19 is genetically engineered.
But it is a smoking gun that researchers at the lab and others associated with it were genetically researching bat viruses with the final product being a Chimera virus with dangerous implications for humans.

I have to ask. Is the insistence to maintain Covid-19 as a naturally occurring virus from bats not just to protect China. Is it also to protect academic and corporate labs who are cited in the paper.
The “conspiracy” is that at a minimum they we’re creating new dangerous viruses at a laboratory (for research) which has a shoddy safety record.

I’ll retain my judgment and question the common consensus that this virus originated from nature untouched.

Last edited:
O

Orius

Germany first confirmed cases of mysterious child-affected illness

Currently no confirmation of covid-19

O

Orius

Netherlands confirmed Cases of mysterious child-affected illness

Reported Cases negative Test-Results on Covid-19

Currently no reported Case of Adults but can not be excluded

Status
Not open for further replies.