• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Coronavirus April 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING - 4 tigers and 3 lions at the Bronx Zoo have developed #COVID19 symptoms.

One tiger even tested positive for the coronavirus, confirms the USDA’s National Veterinary Services Laboratory, based in Ames, Iowa.

Limited data showing:

- virus replicates easily in cats (China study)
- cats can infect other cats (China study)
- cats can have COVID symptoms (Bronx Zoo)
- cats can be infected by humans (Wuhan study 15%)

Can cats infect humans? Remains unknown.

Dr. Robert Garry says origin of #CCPvirus is not fish market: "Our analyses, and others too, point to an earlier origin than that. There were definitely cases there, but that wasn’t the origin of the virus."

CCP state media: American expert says the virus didn't come from Wuhan! https://t.co/i8K2IAh04I

Well, normally by now here in the US, there would be about 30,000 new cases and so far, there are just a little over 22,000 so maybe it's starting to get better?

We're still under 25,000. And the number of new deaths is under 800. Let's really pray and hope it keeps going down.

#BREAKING🚨 - The mayor of Saint-Louis, France - Jean-Marie Zoellé, has died after contracting the #coronavirus. H/t @Xy5Z89 https://t.co/RBA96n3F3r
#BREAKING🚨 - The Mayor of NYC Bill de Blasio says bodies will be buried temporarily in NYC parks. Morgues and cemeteries in the city have been overwhelmed with the high number of dead bodies. https://t.co/lVoGCRMaOv

#UK - Boris Johnson To Pull Out Of #Huawei 5G Contract Due To #CCP Misinformation

CDMedia heard from 2 sources close to the matter that Prime Minister Boris Johnson will cancel the UK’s contract for 5G wireless service from Huawei

#BREAKING: India ammends Export Policy of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) which were earlier in restricted category but are now in free category. US, Brazil & Gulf Countries had requested India to provide Hydroxcloroquine. India may consider now on humanitarian grounds. https://t.co/ELvBmVaHZK

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world, mad world"

The Indian military has decided to postpone all the joint exercises it was scheduled to hold with foreign militaries this year because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Official sources told Jane’s on 6 April that that the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in New Delhi, in consultation with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), has deferred about 50 bilateral and multilateral exercises with militaries from several other countries, including Brazil, China, France, Israel, Malaysia, Nepal, South Africa, Russia, and the United States.

The following list shows the projected timeframe for COVID-19 peak by state, with estimated end of peak and severity. The new projections have trended downward throughout most of the country, with a much higher degree of accuracy. These are based on the models that we're using here at CDPH, and I will try my best to keep this updated weekly. If you can also see, a few states have already peaked!

Also, congratulations to Tennessee- you have won the award for most dramatically improved! Meanwhile, shame on Alaska, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island- you've actually gotten worse! EDIT: I also forgot to mention- if these models are dead on, having the emergency end on July 9th would be a great birthday present for me!

The number of stars indicates the severity from [* Bad Flu Season; ** Hospitals Full; *** Triage Needed]:

** United States Nationwide: April 25, Ending July 9.
* Alabama: April 18, ending May 30.
*** Alaska: April 17, ending June 4.
* Arizona: April 23, ending June 17.
* Arkansas: April 24, ending June 10.
* California: April 14, ending June 5.
Colorado: PEAKED. Ending May 15
*** Connecticut: April 21, ending June 26.
Delaware: PEAKED. Ending May 13.
D.C.: PEAKED. Ending May 19.
** Florida: April 21, ending July 3.
** Georgia: April 20, ending June 24.
** Hawaii: April 12, ending May 12.
* Idaho: April 14, ending May 17.
** Illinois: April 16, ending May 22.
** Indiana: April 17, ending May 24.
* Iowa: April 26, ending June 13.
* Kansas: April 19, ending June 11.
* Kentucky: April 21, ending July 9.
Louisiana: PEAKED. Ending May 9.
* Maine: April 15, ending May 25.
*** Maryland: April 18, ending June 7.
*** Massachusetts: April 18, ending June 18.
** Michigan: April 8, ending May 13.
* Minnesota: April 23, ending June 12.
* Mississippi: April 18, ending May 30.
* Missouri: April 19, ending June 19.
* Montana: April 13, ending May 18.
* Nebraska: April 24, ending June 11.
*** Nevada: April 18, ending May 31.
* New Hampshire: April 15, ending May 18.
*** New Jersey: April 15, ending May 28.
** New Mexico: April 21, ending June 8.
*** New York: April 8, ending May 22.
* North Carolina: April 13, ending May 22.
** North Dakota: April 21-25, ending July 1.
* Ohio: April 8, ending May 18.
* Oklahoma: April 22, ending June 13.
* Oregon: April 21, ending June 11.
* Pennsylvania: April 11, ending June 1.
*** Rhode Island: April 27, ending June 23.
* South Carolina: April 28-May 1, ending June 15.
* South Dakota: April 25, ending June 16.
* Tennessee: April 15, ending May 27.
** Texas: April 19, ending June 20.
* Utah: April 25, ending June 11.
Vermont: PEAKED. Ending May 14.
* Virginia: April 20, ending June 25.
Washington: PEAKED. Ending May 27.
* West Virginia: April 16, ending May 17.
* Wisconsin: April 17, ending May 31.
* Wyoming: April 29, ending June 12.

Last edited:
First crew member on USNS Comfort tests positive for COVID-19.

A crew member onboard the hospital ship Comfort has tested positive for the novel coronavirus on the same day President Donald Trump announced the ship would begin accepting COVID-19 patients.

The individual has since been moved into isolation onboard the ship, ABC News first reported.

Navy officials told ABC that the ship is currently following protocols designed to prevent the virus from spreading any further among crew and patients.

“There is no impact to Comfort’s mission, and this will not affect the ability for Comfort to receive patients,” officials said.

The crew member did not come into contact with any patients, Navy officials told ABC. Other sailors who have interacted with the infected crew member have tested negative.

The individual may have been asymptomatic when first boarding the ship in Norfolk, Virginia, the report said.

I have also forgotten to mention- there is evidence beginning to emerge that, like influenza, COVID-19 can be spread through droplet transmission during the incubation period. If someone is within 2 metres of an infected person, it's possible for that person to breathe in the droplets that were expelled from coughing, sneezing, or even speaking. This is why the CDC has recently recommended that the general public begin to wear any type of cloth covering or mask that covers their mouth or nose before going out in public. This will prevent droplets from someone who is possibly infected from travelling far, or contaminating surfaces. It is also a great reminder to help keep your hands away from your mouth or nose.

I also recently heard from my brother back in Michigan. He was infected with COVID-19, but so far appears to be making a decent recovery. It has definitely taken a major toll on him! So far, his girlfriend hasn't been showing any symptoms- and he's been keeping his face covered whenever she comes anywhere nearby- as well as keeping the window open for ventilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.