• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Coronavirus: Going to survey for possible stock-up

As it stands, no. We really need to see a breakout of the disease before people go completely naners. The store shelves I see are still mostly stocked on everything. There is just a run on a few things.
All stores in my area (major metropolitan area) are being massively hit. Full panic buying at its finest. Nothing like a little panic buying to make everything feel just a touch apocalyptic.

All stores in my area (major metropolitan area) are being massively hit. Full panic buying at its finest. Nothing like a little panic buying to make everything feel just a touch apocalyptic.

I guess it's different out here in the rural part of the country. What is there a run on in your area?

I guess it's different out here in the rural part of the country. What is there a run on in your area?
Literally anything edible, plus the TP and water silliness that's been happening. Shelves are now bare, and the stores are closing early to "restock shelves". Except Walmart of course, ha ha.

In a different life I was a manager for W-M.
They had algorithms programmed into their POS.
When ever a hurricane was forecast to landfall the system automatically ordered feature quantities of strawberry pop tarts for the stores in the path of the storm.
Pop tarts were one of the #1 selling items during hurricanes.
I wonder if they have prepper algorithms today.
W-M was wired in digitaly before that was even a thing.
Twenty years ago their computer systems would communicate with their major consumable suppliers ongoing during the day and update sales trends of items and manufacturers were adjusting their manufacturing as needed the next day.
I read once also W-M data retention capacity was second only to the US gov.
Their very very good at staying under the radar which is smart.
It would be interesting to see how they compare to amazon and google today in data retention. It would be interesting also to know what they’ve branched off into not related to retail.

For the last two days, our Walmart has been run over and getting very empty. I attribute it to the President's speech earlier in the week. We only got our first positive test in our state today. Good luck getting your supplies on Sunday. Maybe try about 4:00 in the morning when they are restocking the shelves.

For the last two days, our Walmart has been run over and getting very empty. I attribute it to the President's speech earlier in the week. We only got our first positive test in our state today. Good luck getting your supplies on Sunday. Maybe try about 4:00 in the morning when they are restocking the shelves.

Fortunately, I am well stocked already. I just don't want to dip into it until necessary.

Starting March 15, Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets will be open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. until further notice. This will help ensure associates can clean and stock products. Stores operating under more reduced hours will keep current hours of operation.

Regardless of the virus, this panic buying isn't slowing down. This absolutely is and will have a major impact on our supply chain. This is in addition to any global slowdown due to CV19. Currently, there just isn't any way of knowing exactly what is coming. However, we can make some shrewd guesses.

Hereafter is personal opinion. The 'head to the bunker' moment may be coming, or it may not. What is occurring now seems to me alarming, and surreal.What has concerned me is the feeling I got from people around me when I was trying to get some groceries. Some of the things I overheard people saying, and just a general vibe. It was, again IMO, kind of on the edge of dark.

It almost felt like people were gearing up for the zombie apocalypse.

Regardless, I will in good faith continue to exercise my right to be kind, to help others, and to be as good a human being as I possibly can. Regardless of what others are doing.

Without being naive.

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."
~Matthew 10:16~

Regardless of the virus, this panic buying isn't slowing down. This absolutely is and will have a major impact on our supply chain. This is in addition to any global slowdown due to CV19. Currently, there just isn't any way of knowing exactly what is coming. However, we can make some shrewd guesses.

Hereafter is personal opinion. The 'head to the bunker' moment may be coming, or it may not. What is occurring now seems to me alarming, and surreal.What has concerned me is the feeling I got from people around me when I was trying to get some groceries. Some of the things I overheard people saying, and just a general vibe. It was, again IMO, kind of on the edge of dark.

It almost felt like people were gearing up for the zombie apocalypse.

Regardless, I will in good faith continue to exercise my right to be kind, to help others, and to be as good a human being as I possibly can. Regardless of what others are doing.

Without being naive.

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."
~Matthew 10:16~
Same track here regarding W-M. Mid week all was normal fri night wiped out.

I was supposed to go to Wal-Mart today, but my wife is sick, so stayed home and missed church.

Am going to be out tomorrow, so I'll check to see how it is doing.

I was supposed to go to Wal-Mart today, but my wife is sick, so stayed home and missed church.

Am going to be out tomorrow, so I'll check to see how it is doing.
Hope it's not serious. All the best. Thankyou for great service and will keep following when phone service available. For now going bush to try and live off land. Getting out of population as I feel safer trying this for now. Hope everyone stays safe. 😕👍✊

Until a court gets around to ruling that is unconstitutional than business will still be obligated at stopping sales.

“Behan I don’t think I’m going to let you arrest me today”

The local Wal-mart was out of a lot of stuff. A block away, the Super 1 Foods was pretty well stocked except for the usual - bathroom tissue, paper towels, and cleanser.

Kansas - Shelves blown out, non perishables are empty, no milk, eggs lunch meat bacon hamburger, TP, PT cleaning supplies etc. Gas prices are falling $1.88/gal currently but unsustainable I project. Currently we hold a 6 month supply and are gauging day to day constraints to dictate future positioning.