• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Coronavirus March 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia today 3 cases of community transmission none of cases new each other or anyone with history. Bleeeep i can't see my current lifestyle which is average normal lasting more than a week 2 at most. 🥺 . This is major for me as I am a chef living in port town of state city. Population bleeeeping seriously dangerous to risk it . Working includes customers are global and national travellers aswell as staff. My health and fitness is generally good but I do have a very mild fluid on lungs . 49yrs old. Now shelves in our shops are being stripped. More concern as much as contracting virus or not our country dosn't have the stocks to supply the population which shipping has been seriously compromised. We are not China we will not be able to place same containment levels. Pretty much like you guys . For me I see major panic and shortages that will still exist in months and our society as far as our civilized manners go simply on shortages alone will not be so civilized. Originally thought war and you guys do a fantastic job. And certainly do in this reporting aswell. Muchly appreciated. Huge Thank you. But seriously considered would rather take chances in bush and beach than any population until this is a threat that dosn't exist anymore. Take my chances with no more human contact and let nature and knowledge and experience take over.

Last edited:
  • Two dozen new cases of coronavirus were reported in the US over the weekend
  • Germany now has 150 confirmed cases
  • Taiwan confirms additional case, pushing total to 41
  • More than half of all confirmed cases in South Korea have been linked to religious group
  • Paris' famed Louvre Museum remains closed
  • India confirms two more confirmed cases, announces addition screening measures
  • Portugal announces first cases
  • South Korea coronavirus death toll increases to 26
  • Russia reports one more confirmed case
  • Adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader dies from Coronavirus, state radio reports
  • There are 89 coronavirus cases in the US
  • BMW quarantines 150 German employees after one worker tests positive for coronavirus
  • The latest numbers:
    • The novel coronavirus has killed more than 3,000 people, the vast majority in mainland China. There are now more than 88,000 global cases, with infections on every continent except Antarctica.
  • Europe raises alert level:
    • There was a 50% increase in cases in Italy yesterday, a significant jump in cases in Germany on Monday, and the Louvre remains closed in Paris as cases rise in France.

Last edited:
  • New York governor: "There is no doubt that there will be more cases"
  • New York will begin bleaching buses and schools, governor says
  • Husband of New York coronavirus patient is also being tested for illness
  • Iraq reports 2 new novel coronavirus cases
  • Hong Kong reaches 100 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus
  • Without early detection and containment, African countries are at severe risk, says Africa CDC head
  • Almost 9 times more coronavirus cases were reported outside China than inside in the last 24 hours
  • Two Florida residents in stable condition with presumptive positive cases of coronavirus
  • Saudi Arabia confirms its first case of coronavirus
  • Trump says he's asked for accelerated vaccine research
  • There are now 91 coronavirus cases in the US
  • US cancels major military exercise with Israel due to coronavirus
  • US Surgeon General: "Preparedness is appropriate, panic is not"
  • Top US general says military preparing for all coronavirus scenarios, including potential pandemic
  • Sen. Chuck Schumer pushes for $8 billion in coronavirus funding
  • British Airways cancels flights due to coronavirus-related lack of demand
  • Four Americans released from national quarantine unit
  • New Hampshire's first presumptive case of coronavirus is a person who had traveled to Italy

Last edited:
Without early detection and containment, African countries are at severe risk, says Africa CDC head
This is somthing the world should watch and help. This would reak havic in Africa and the world should start aiding now before things become potentially gravely worse.

• Can you catch the coronavirus by eating food prepared by others? Yes,
    • It's recommended that you take precautionary measures when it comes to foods and utensils that are communal. The novel coronavirus is a respiratory virus, meaning it transmits through the lungs. It's recommended that you are cautious when it comes to shared utensils and foods like salad bars.
  • Italy coronavirus cases now total 2,036 people
  • World Health Organization sends medical supplies to Iran
  • Six people have died from coronavirus in Washington state
  • Amazon removed 1 million items for coronavirus-related price gouging
  • At least 48 schools in Washington state closed due to coronavirus fears
  • Canada has at least 27 cases of novel coronavirus
  • There are now 100 cases of coronavirus in the US
  • The US stock markets rebound after worst week in years
    • The Dow is up more than 1,100 points, or 4.4%, during the final minutes of trading.

This is somthing the world should watch and help. This would reak havic in Africa and the world should start aiding now before things become potentially gravely worse.

I agree but is going to be really hard to do.
All the normal things one would need for this are going to be in short supply in the near term.
Either because the worlds primary supplier is offline or the Urgent demand for the same medical supplies everywhere.

It will take real physical time to produce all that will be needed.
Even additional doctors to travel there will be limited.
Education dissemination would have the most immediate impact. Simple things like soap and bleach coupled with education would go the farthest the fastest.

My grandmother lived through the Spanish flu, both of them actually.
But my one grandma was what we grand children considered as a sadist when it came to hand washing.
If the water wasn’t steaming like a tea kettle and your hands weren’t covered in soap like a glove you weren’t doing it right.
She wouldn’t let us turn on the cold to moderate it even a little.
All this has made me wonder if that came from her experiences back then.

Last edited:
  • The only confirmed coronavirus patient in Arizona has recovered
  • California confirms 20th case of coronavirus
  • European Central Bank 'ready to take appropriate and targeted measures' over coronavirus
  • Coronavirus funding request not likely to come tonight, White House official says
  • 19 Washington firefighters who showed symptoms of coronavirus moved to isolation
  • New Hampshire coronavirus case is an employee at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, CEO says
  • US Sen. Patty Murray: Test kits in Washington 'not nearly enough'
  • National Health Service 'will have resources' to fight coronavirus, UK Treasury says
  • President Donald Trump says still considering additional travel restrictions
  • 44-story downtown Seattle tower closes amid coronavirus concerns
  • There are now 102 cases of coronavirus in the US
  • US officials press airlines to collect more traveler data to aid coronavirus response
  • San Antonio mayor declares public health emergency after patient was mistakenly :eek: released by CDC from quarantine
-CNN

How many are actually in the US and how many are from that cruise ship?

• 48 cases from repatriated citizens.
  • Here's a breakdown of the 52 US cases:
    • Arizona – 1
    • California – 18
    • Florida — 2
    • Illinois — 4
    • Massachusetts —1
    • New York — 1
    • Oregon — 3
    • Rhode Island — 2
    • Washington state — 18 (includes 6 fatalities)
    • Wisconsin — 1
    • New Hampshire — 1

I apologize for not keeping up with updates lately. Being involved in this emergency and reporting on it is definitely very strange.

So far, things in California are going well. We have our testing just about up to the capacity where we need it, and have begun extensive contact tracing. So far, and this has not been completely confirmed, but it's speculated that the cases of community spread in the Bay Area had contact with someone from Washington state. More testing will soon confirm.

The reality playing out right now also shows that the WHO fact finding mission was correct. If, indeed, the preliminary R0 values which were estimated around 4-7 were accurate, we would be seeing widespread, sustained community transmission in many countries around the world. This has not yet happened.

In terms of infectivity, this is only moderately infectious, and mostly tends to spread from close contact, touching contaminated surfaces, and hospital associated transmission. We will continue to find more cases in the United States, and the possibility of one or two localized epidemics cannot be ruled out.

Give it some time, but I think we might end up dodging this bullet.

• India will now screen passengers arriving from 12 countries for coronavirus
  • Federal judge in Texas denies request to keep Diamond Princess evacuees in quarantine
  • Australia may use biosecurity laws to detain citizens suspected of carrying coronavirus
  • Ecuador confirms 7th case of novel coronavirus
  • Food and Drug Administration issues emergency authorization on healthcare workers' masks
  • More than 10,500 coronavirus cases have been reported outside mainland China
  • South Korea confirms 31 cases of coronavirus among military personnel
  • Authorities unable to find source of coronavirus case in Florida
  • Global fears grow as worldwide coronavirus infections surpass 90,000
  • Don't worry, your pet can't catch coronavirus.
  • New report finds cases could have tripled in China if heavy restrictions were delayed

Here's the list of confirmed cases and deaths outside mainland China in alphabetical order
☣ ☣ ☣ ☣
1. Afghanistan (1 case)
2. Algeria (2 cases)
3. Andorra (1 case)
4. Armenia (1 case)
5. Australia (31 cases,
1 death)
6. Austria (10 cases)
7. Bahrain (49 cases)
8. Belarus (1 case)
9. Belgium (1 case)
10. Brazil (2 cases)
11. Cambodia (1 case)
12. Canada (24 cases)
13. Croatia (6 cases)
14. Czech Republic (1 case)
15. Denmark (3 cases)
16. Dominican Republic (1 case)
17. Ecuador (7 cases)
18. Egypt (2 cases)
19. Estonia (1 case)
20. Finland (3 cases)
21. France (130 cases,
2 deaths)
22. Georgia (1 case)
23. Germany (158 cases)
24. Greece (7 cases)
25. Hong Kong (100 cases,
2 deaths)
26. Iceland (3 case)
27. India (5 cases)
28. Indonesia (2 cases)
29. Iran (1,501 cases,
66 deaths)
30. Iraq (26 cases)
31. Ireland (1 case)
32. Israel (12 cases)
33. Italy (2,036 cases,
52 deaths)
34. Japan (974 cases,
12 deaths)
35. Jordan (1 case)
36. Kuwait (56 cases)
37. Latvia (1 case)
38. Lebanon (13 cases)
39. Lithuania (1 case)
40. Luxembourg (1 case)
41. Macao (10 cases)
42. Malaysia (25 cases)
43. Mexico (5 cases)
44. Monaco (1 case)
45. Nepal (1 case)
46. Netherlands (7 cases)
47. New Zealand (1 case)
48. Nigeria (1 case)
49. North Macedonia (1 case)
50. Norway (15 cases)
51. Oman (6 cases)
52. Pakistan (5 cases)
53. Philippines (3 cases,
1 death)
54. Portugal (2 cases)
55. Qatar (7 cases)
56. Romania (3 cases)
57. Russia (6 cases)
58. San Marino (1 case)
59. Saudi Arabia (1 case)
60. Senegal (1 case)
61. Singapore (108 cases)
62. South Korea (4,812 cases,
29 deaths)
63. Spain (73 cases)
64. Sri Lanka (1 case)
65. Sweden (13 cases)
66. Switzerland (18 cases)
67. Taiwan (41 cases,
1 death)
68. Thailand (42 cases,
1 death)
69. Tunisia (1 case)
70. United Arab Emirates (21 cases)
71. United Kingdom (35 cases)
72. United States (105 cases*,
6 deaths)
73. Vietnam (16 cases)

Last edited:
I apologize for not keeping up with updates lately. Being involved in this emergency and reporting on it is definitely very strange.

So far, things in California are going well. We have our testing just about up to the capacity where we need it, and have begun extensive contact tracing. So far, and this has not been completely confirmed, but it's speculated that the cases of community spread in the Bay Area had contact with someone from Washington state. More testing will soon confirm.

The reality playing out right now also shows that the WHO fact finding mission was correct. If, indeed, the preliminary R0 values which were estimated around 4-7 were accurate, we would be seeing widespread, sustained community transmission in many countries around the world. This has not yet happened.

In terms of infectivity, this is only moderately infectious, and mostly tends to spread from close contact, touching contaminated surfaces, and hospital associated transmission. We will continue to find more cases in the United States, and the possibility of one or two localized epidemics cannot be ruled out.

Give it some time, but I think we might end up dodging this bullet.

So what does this say about the spread in China. Why does it appear to have been so much worse for them.
Also what do you suspect prompted the extreme containment measures in China.
I’m mean shuttering almost 3/4 if their industry for a period of time seems foolish for something not much worse than the flu.

Much of the concern generated outside of China was augmented or confirmed by the extream containment procedure they were implementing.

Thanks again

The virus was really running rampant in China for weeks without anyone even being really aware of it. Also, let's face it- it's in the WHO report, so it's not politically incorrect to say it, but hygiene standards in China are lacking compared to industrialized countries. Not to mention, this virus erupted in a city of 11 million people, with major transportation links.

Also, it appears that China was really taking an "oh shit" reaction to what happened. But yeah, it just really doesn't help that this happened in an authoritarian state with horrible human rights records.

The good news, and what I've said in the past, seeing the models of the disease spread outside of China, it appears to be only moderately infectious. I'll have more data for you guys in the morning- I need to get some rest. I have another 16 hour day ahead of me tomorrow.

• Australia confirms four new cases of novel coronavirus, bringing total to 35
  • India now has six confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus
  • UK confirms 5 news cases of novel coronavirus, bringing total to 40
  • South Korea is pioneering a safer, quicker way to get tested for coronavirus -- in your car
  • Thailand may repatriate citizens working illegally in South Korea
  • Spread of virus gives White House a grave stress test
  • Rise in cases and deaths in Iran: 2,336 confirmed cases and 77 deaths
  • 8 countries have reported their first confirmed coronavirus cases since Monday... they are,
    • Andorra
    • Indonesia
    • Jordan
    • Latvia
    • Portugal
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Senegal
    • Tunisia
    • Ukraine
    • Gibraltar
  • Shanghai orders quarantine for travelers arriving from coronavirus-hit countries
  • Shincheonji religious group handed list of 310,000 members to authorities, South Korea says
  • The US CDC is no longer reporting the number of people who have been tested for coronavirus
  • South Korean President says the country has "entered a war" against coronavirus
  • 5 people confirmed infected by the novel coronavirus in the Czech Republic
  • South Korea coronavirus cases surge past 5,000
  • Myanmar postpones annual military parade due to coronavirus fears
  • Up to 1 million people could be tested for coronavirus in the US by the end of the week
  • Up to fifth of UK workforce could be off sick due to virus outbreak, says government
  • Thailand imposes compulsory self-quarantine for passengers from 11 countries and territories

Status
Not open for further replies.