• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

COVID-19 News #September

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am older and at risk. So is my mother. You don't have a right to deny the vaccine and risk our health. That's the main reason why I support the mandates at public places and the work place.

That is why mandates are in place, that's why mandates are holding. You don't have a right to threaten others lives with a totally preventable death or illness. The courts seem to

I find this topic and the legality behind it fascinating which is why I tend to be gleeful. I support the mandates and given it much thought about it if there is a compromise. But there isn't a compromise.

Obviously it's going to hold since lawyers are not bringing the issue to the higher courts knowing overturning the mandates will not be successful. The mandates have been around for many months now with not a single judge overturning the whole idea.

With legal precedent backing vaccine mandates I don't see why there should be compromise as there is no middle on a global pandemic.
It’s already overturned in Texas. So it’s far from settled.

People who’ve taken the vaccine demanding everyone else take the same vaccine because the vaccine itself is supposedly ineffective to sufficient degree to be deemed effective in protecting those who’ve taken it.
That’s some weird logic.
Be gleeful if you must but it’s still sad and illogical.

It’s already overturned in Texas. So it’s far from settled.
Source? Googled it and all I see is Texas saying it will fight it. Just because their fighting it doesn't mean it's not in place or it will actually be overturned.

Also the "pause" on the mandate in NYC teachers is resumed and didn't get overturned either.

Your correct it was overturned in Texas I see.
But the points are still valid exemptions are allowed by both federal and state law. Blanket refusals violate those laws. But it doesn’t really matter because people are scared of a disease with a 99% survival rate for most age brackets.
And their is money to be made by corporations.
When the powerful turn on you please try not to complain to much.

Oh so since your not at great risk I have to go out of my way in life to stay safe? No get the vaccine. But don't matter what I think because very soon you won't be able to do a single thing in America without being vaccinated thank your god.

Oh so since your not at great risk I have to go out of my way in life to stay safe?
Sure. You have to take care of you.

Just because you don't want to take precautions doesn't mean you have to right to force others to.

Why do you have freedom but others don't?

But don't matter what I think because very soon you won't be able to do a single thing in America without being vaccinated
That is fascism.

Well hope there isn't a pandemic when your 83 DWS like my mother is now and living the last of the few years you got left locked in your room unable or to scared to go out and live the last few years on earth you got left because people are incapable of thinking for others. Sorry there's no way to justify not getting vaccined and that's why the mandates exists to protect people like my mother and myself who are vulnerable.

People want to live out the last few years or decades of their life not constantly shuffling to protect ourselves and only experiencing nothing but the 4 walls in our rooms before our times up. It's not about you or freedom.

Last edited:
We the old and vulnerable already have enough to worry about. Now you and many others just want to roll the dice with our lives since you feel threatened by the government because their telling you what to do. 😭

Guess what it's not about you or your feelings or freedom. It's about protecting Americans, your grandparents, and parents. Never seen Americans so selfish in my long life.

Last edited:
What's the point worth living if you're only alive to do what you're told? That's not living... it's merely existing which isn't good enough for me. Besides the vaccine has a chance of death that comes with it. You force the vaccine and you also force a risk of death. What do you say to the family of people who have died from the vaccine? You mentioned that nobody has the right to endanger your health by not taking the vaccine but isn't that exactly what you're contradicting by forcing it since we know people have died from it? @DarkNoon

Well hope there isn't a pandemic when your 83 DWS like my mother is now and living the last of the few years you got left locked in your room unable or to scared to go out and live the last few years on earth you got left because people are incapable of thinking for others.
Then you need to take extra precautions. You can't force others to take extra precautions because you are frightened. If you are worried about the virus, you take the precautions yourself.

The argument being made for vaccine mandates is that people don't want to take precautions themselves. They don't want to be inconvenienced. So the other guy has to be.

I am not speaking morally here. I am speaking legally.

Morally, I have a completely different viewpoint on this matter. I am only addressing the legality of this.

And legally, you can't force someone to take a vaccine. If the government has passed a mandate or a Court has upheld one, they are operating outside the law.

The unvaccinated go the way of Darwin, the survival of the fittest. :)
And many of those old 🤫 above 50 aren't going to make it without the vaccine.🥴
Meanwhile the young unvaccinated are breeding out new variant that is immune against the vaccine by living our their freedom to get sick.🤧🧓

Then you need to take extra precautions. You can't force others to take extra precautions because you are frightened. If you are worried about the virus, you take the precautions yourself.

The argument being made for vaccine mandates is that people don't want to take precautions themselves. They don't want to be inconvenienced. So the other guy has to be.

I am not speaking morally here. I am speaking legally.

Morally, I have a completely different viewpoint on this matter. I am only addressing the legality of this.

And legally, you can't force someone to take a vaccine. If the government has passed a mandate or a Court has upheld one, they are operating outside the law.
But that doesn’t matter does it, how many laws, agency mandates, and judicial rulings have operated outside the law. It’s just an exercise of power.
WE allowed the patriot act to go through and continue out of fear. Originally cast as a tool to track foreign terrorist who “might” contact compatriots living domestically.
Then we found out it was to the second a d third person of the receiver that phone records were tracked. Now it’s likely being applied against domestic terrorist because they’ve been deemed oh so dangerous.
Is this what any of us had in mind when we gave tacit approval to the patriot act? I didn’t and I was a fool for not recognizing the dangers and overreach of my government. I trusted my government, I will never give them that benefit of the doubt again.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

The unvaccinated go the way of Darwin, the survival of the fittest. :)
And many of those old 🤫 above 50 aren't going to make it without the vaccine.🥴
Meanwhile the young unvaccinated are breeding out new variant that is immune against the vaccine by living our their freedom to get sick.🤧🧓
I disagree with your conclusion and as far as Darwin’s survival of the fittest. Survival of the fittest means those who are either biologically strong enough or in optimal age and environmental health will survive. So if Darwin’s law applied we would be doing nothing except maybe isolating and leaving the sick to recover on their own or die.
Survival of the fittest doesn’t necessarily apply to biological intervention because Darwin’s law applies to the long term survival, not the temporal. There is no indication that biological intervention always results in a stronger species.
How ever this ends the species will overcome it, that is as long as man doesn’t create something so dangerous that it kills us all.

There is no indication that biological intervention always results in a stronger species.
How ever this ends the species will overcome it, that is as long as man doesn’t create something so dangerous that it kills us all
It's a trial and error system, it often fails and species become extinct, that's nature. 😒
Man doesn't have to create it, the mutation rates in a lab are way faster than in nature but the outcome is the same.
So I'm sure and some scientists believe that SARS-Cov 2 will eventually combine with all other variants and other virusses and become immune against vaccines, evade antibodies just like HIV and also become highly pathogenic.
This virus can overcome humans as a species. We might have some years left until it becomes just like the Bird Flu (H5N8) that is fully adapted to birds and kills 75% of them,
it can survive because the other 25% develope only mild symptoms and are spreading it. What I was going to say is that this virus is already there - but it's not a Corona virus and it doesn't infect many humans for now,
but if H5N8 runs out birds it has to find another host... :oops: and there is nothing we can do.
Clinical studies show that vaccines and antibodies aren't effective against H5N8.

It's a trial and error system, it often fails and species become extinct, that's nature. 😒
Man doesn't have to create it, the mutation rates in a lab are way faster than in nature but the outcome is the same.
So I'm sure and some scientists believe that SARS-Cov 2 will eventually combine with all other variants and other virusses and become immune against vaccines, evade antibodies just like HIV and also become highly pathogenic.
This virus can overcome humans as a species. We might have some years left until it becomes just like the Bird Flu (H5N8) that is fully adapted to birds and kills 75% of them,
it can survive because the other 25% develope only mild symptoms and are spreading it. What I was going to say is that this virus is already there - but it's not a Corona virus and it doesn't infect many humans for now,
but if H5N8 runs out birds it has to find another host... :oops: and there is nothing we can do.
Clinical studies show that vaccines and antibodies aren't effective against H5N8.

That made zero sence

evade antibodies just like HIV and also become highly pathogenic.
HIV isn't a death sentence or incurable anymore. People can now take meds that makes the HIV completely gone from the body so much so its impossible to give someone HIV. Think it's called being "HIV undetectable" where you by definition don't have it anymore.

Not sure how it works, but yep we beat HIV for good. Well so long as people have access to the medication, pretty sure its covered by insurance companies & available everywhere in the US at least.

Not sure how it works, but yep we beat HIV for good. Well so long as people have access to the medication, pretty sure its covered by insurance companies & available everywhere in the US at least.
As long as you can pay the meds you have control over it but it's not gone and I wrote about a possible combination of virusses in hosts that are infected with HIV and the Coronavirus and It doesn't have to happen in human hosts btw.
That made zero sence
Just to you and the guy that gave a (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.