• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

COVID-19 Prelude to war?

RebekahD

Good Afternoon. I'm a long time reader but first time poster here. I've been coming across some folks opinions that the COVID-19 outbreak is the Chinese government's first move in a war against the West. Most Notably, Jeff Nyquist - who has long warned of a Soviet-Sino long-term stragegy against us. His latest article on his blog site discusses the COVID-19 outbreak as the beginning of their final move against the US, and expects them to take further provocation later this spring. The article is pretty convincing to me, and I'm wondering what other folks here may think about his theories.

Do you have a link to the article? I wouldn't be surprised if they would use the fact that we are weakened and distracted as a opportunity to do something. Maybe even move against Taiwan or the Philipines? Or our Pacific bases?

I've been coming across some folks opinions that the COVID-19 outbreak is the Chinese government's first move in a war against the West.

It wasn't anything deliberate. They wouldn't have infected themselves so badly. And remember that the numbers coming out of China are waaaay lower than what is probably actually happening.

Sorry here is the direct link to the latest article. He's got a few other related articles on that site as well.

Regarding China not wanting to infect themselves, I'm not so sure. I'd like to believe that they think as we do, but communists in the past have shown the world that they would be willing to take "acceptable losses" to achieve goals.

I've have this funny feeling this "could" be a prelude to war. China infected themselves to infect the world in my opinion. Do they have a cure for themselves? Who knows. Look who is infected the worst and dying the most, elderly and those with weak immunity. Getting rid of them would free up resources for the young to fight. Look at the economical damage the virus is doing to countries around the world.

I have no idea one way or the other if it is truely a prelude to war, none of can know that at this time.
As Americans we pursue our strategic goals with an overwhelming military and devious control of the worlds financial markets to influence countries to modify behaviors we don’t like. It’s been successful and occasionally we’ve had to use actual military means to enforce it. We’re like the Romans in that. Play along - get along or get clobbered.

We are wrong to assume that other nations will always simply “react” to world events and opportunities only. To assume that they would never implement actual offensive actions to modify or defeat their perceived enemies (America) is short sighted.

We look at chess and assume it’s simply a passive game of maneuver and strategy. Every time you take piece from the other player it is a representation of combat not a diplomatic maneuver.

Because of the Cold War and nuclear annihilation it is common to believe no modern world power would engage in a “direct” offensive attack against another who could respond significantly with nuclear weapons.

A historic strategy of military commanders is to utilize a feint whenever useful to draw an enemy in, distract, or lull them in to inattentiveness.
This is foundational in asymmetrical warfare and at the heart of China’s military doctrine. It is documented and their is no crime in a military planner making these plans.

The question is will or have the Chines leadership resort to them. We have pushed CCP hard these last three years upsetting the proverbial Apple cart with the new trade negotiations. Their economy is so opaque it is always difficult to know how much trouble the CCP is in economically and their ability to hold on to power.

Is this a prelude to war? Don’t know - can’t know.
I do know that if the leadership and military of my country are not at least considering it, watching for it, and preparing for it then they are failing us.

"I do know that if the leadership and military of my country are not at least considering it, watching for it, and preparing for it then they are failing us."

Agreed. I would have to think that if a Jane Citizen like myself can consider these scenarios, and a guy like Jeff Nyquist can consider and write about them, someone or hopefully multiple someones in our leadership/military are preparing for the possibilities. Nyquist thinks our leadership is blind to the threats that both China and Russia pose. I hope he's wrong.

It wasn't anything deliberate. They wouldn't have infected themselves so badly. And remember that the numbers coming out of China are waaaay lower than what is probably actually happening.
I have to disagree. I think that anything and everything is possible with China.

I disagree as well. Look how fast they got a grip on the virus. They have the power to lock an entire area without much hassle. The entire world is on its knees and China is in full force again. They can afford to lose a few thousand people if it benefits the nation. Human lifes aren't worth much in China.

China has been lying since day one. They let it go on for two weeks before they did a single thing, lied about the numbers since they started keeping their "tally", and now stopped testing and further restrictions on their rights such as internet acsess and social media acsess. Could just go on and on. Can never trust the CCP ever on anything EVER.

OH and not forget the riots/civil unrest going on in Wuhan, yea things are totally under control LOL