• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Covid-19 Supply Chain Disruption Reports

"Collapse is a process, not an event."

If the current example of the fragility of our supply chain does not motivate people to prepare, I don't know what will.

If the current example of the fragility of our supply chain does not motivate people to prepare, I don't know what will.
Your right, The great depression was a process. The market collapse precipitated it but the decline was a series of cascading events.
itโ€™s also important to Remember the people who lived through for the most part didnโ€™t consider it the end of the world, just hard times that you worked through.

Your right, The great depression was a process. The market collapse precipitated it but the decline was a series of cascading events. Then other events happened to prolong it and help it.
The people who lived through it for the most part didnโ€™t consider it the end of the world, just hard times that you worked through. Just hard times.

โš ๏ธ
Over 100 cargo ships waiting off California coast, dozens more waiting off New York coast.

As for the FL Tampa Bay area things are getting bad. Papper products not on shelves, meat is non existent sometimes, cooking products, spices, even maple syrup has been missing from the shelves for months now.

Last edited:
At Arby's for lunch today I was given three ArbyQ sauce packets for two sandwiches and told I could not have an more due to supply shortages.

At Arby's for lunch today I was given three ArbyQ sauce packets for two sandwiches and told I could not have an more due to supply shortages.
Same at Panda Express like seven entrees they didnโ€™t have because of supplier chain.
The fuel supply issue in Europe is looming this winter.
not many shortage in rural Midwest just inflated prices.

Interesting take on container ships backing up from wsj.
US importers have advanced their deliveries out of fear of delays getting so record number of ships are hitting the ports. LY they set records at port of LA and set to exceed them again this year.
So itโ€™s not so much a complete lack of workers to unload them, but also the crunch of increased freight coming in.
They donโ€™t have the space to unload and itโ€™s creating a logistical backlog.

The workers who keep global supply chains moving are warning of a 'system collapse':

Side note the stores are looking really empty. It's also taking forever anything I order to be delivered & same day shipping hardly is a option anymore.

Last edited:
Wal-Mart closest to our new location, the grocery aisles were showing obvious signs of supply chain disruption. Non-grocery items didn't appear too bad, though.

Mine are still basically good except paper towels which I suspect are more to do with panic buying out stripping shelves

I haven't seen panic buying yet, but supplies are starting to run short. Going to do a tour tomorrow and make a note of how things are going.

Personal observations. General Location Tampa Bay Area & Region:

A lot of signs back up about how much you can purchase on TP, paper towel, & food.

The shelves are getting very thin such as electronics, office supplies, papper & grocery goods. It's really alarming to me. The prices too are getting ridiculous especially in gas here.

My electrical bill also went up 300$ so far this year. That's because Florida gets most its power from natural gas which is shooting up in cost.

[Time Stamp #10/12/21]

Last edited:
  1. Shelter
  2. Water
  3. Food
  4. Security
Those are the top four needs for basic survival, *usually* in that order. Specific circumstances can change that order, but those will always be the top four.

San Jose, California here. So far, most items in the stores are still stocked up. There are some shortages on some more obscure items, mostly imported foods and alcohol. Other than constant inflation, it's not too bad out here. I think being close to the Port of Oakland has kept the Bay Area well stocked.