• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Covid booster shot question

So when’s it end? If it’s so pernicious as soon as we stop artificial measure it’s going to come right back.
And we’ll rinse and repeat.
Even the WHO is saying omicron appears to be less problematic than delta and travel restrictions aren’t warranted.

There is a natural cycle of viruses yet we’re treating it like some alien virus.
Australia is putting people in force quarantine for fourteen days solely based on contact tracing. Test negative before during and after, stay in your hut.

Sure this will squeeze the cases down to an appropriately deemed level. But as soon as they stop it will return because the population has artificially been protected to exposure.
Until its reached the equilibrium point of herd immunity and regulated naturally spikes will happen. Some will be worse some won’t. But it’s nature and as we’ve proven corona viruses aren’t eliminated their mitigated.

Get the vaccines to high risk groups and get on with life.
Eventually, as there is less community transmission of the virus, we will be able to control its spread through contact tracing. Anothet important thing to note: we are just getting the Pfizer pill online. The importance of this cannot be overstated. The idea of taking medication to turn a deadly disease into something manageable will completely change the course of this pandemic.

As for my prediction? I predict that sometime by the middle of this decade, we could probably drop masking and quarantine. I can envision us getting annual boosters, similar to the flu. By that time, anybody who's infected would receive antivirals, and their contacts would be traced. It would become more of a yearly nuisance, not a deadly pandemic.

If you want a look at how this might play out, look at the status of the other pandemic that we're currently fighting: HIV/AIDS. Transmission in the United States is currently lower than during its peak in the 1990s. Treatments have reduced morbidity and mortality, while contact tracing helps slow further transmission. That's where I see SARS-CoV-2 heading- a slow burn instead of a raging inferno.

It's somewhat ironic considering that I became an epidemiologist due to seeing the effects of HIV/AIDS when I was coming of age in the 1990s.

When are we going to sue China for letting this beast out?
Rather see them cut off from the world like North Korea. Though China would collapes if it was squeezed as DPRK is being squeezed. 100% forced global isolation.

Edit:
My opinion isn't really based off China giving Covid to the world, just that China needs to be put in a corner and left there like DPRK or Cuba is in general,... name any reason, I got 50.

Last edited:
Eventually, as there is less community transmission of the virus, we will be able to control its spread through contact tracing. Anothet important thing to note: we are just getting the Pfizer pill online. The importance of this cannot be overstated. The idea of taking medication to turn a deadly disease into something manageable will completely change the course of this pandemic.

As for my prediction? I predict that sometime by the middle of this decade, we could probably drop masking and quarantine. I can envision us getting annual boosters, similar to the flu. By that time, anybody who's infected would receive antivirals, and their contacts would be traced. It would become more of a yearly nuisance, not a deadly pandemic.

If you want a look at how this might play out, look at the status of the other pandemic that we're currently fighting: HIV/AIDS. Transmission in the United States is currently lower than during its peak in the 1990s. Treatments have reduced morbidity and mortality, while contact tracing helps slow further transmission. That's where I see SARS-CoV-2 heading- a slow burn instead of a raging inferno.

It's somewhat ironic considering that I became an epidemiologist due to seeing the effects of HIV/AIDS when I was coming of age in the 1990s.
but nothing about why age groups that aren’t dramatically effected must get the vaccine. If they acquire the T and B cells they will suppress the viral load naturally. And not suffer the risk the vaccines are presenting to that age group.
Why should a young healthy person have to risk a more serious health issue to satisfy the possible health benefits to an at risk group that has vaccines and boosters available to them. As well as the prophylactics of mask and contact tracing.
Isn’t that a much more balanced public health policy?

but nothing about why age groups that aren’t dramatically effected must get the vaccine. If they acquire the T and B cells they will suppress the viral load naturally. And not suffer the risk the vaccines are presenting to that age group.
Why should a young healthy person have to risk a more serious health issue to satisfy the possible health benefits to an at risk group that has vaccines and boosters available to them. As well as the prophylactics of mask and contact tracing.
Isn’t that a much more balanced public health policy?
The reason that younger people are being asked to get boosters is part of a multi-pronged effort to reduce overall community transmission. Unfortunately, at this point, we have to use every tool available in our arsenal to help get this under control.

You just did.
I was simply mentioning that the media has been all over the J&J jab is all. What they have said is confusing. Since it's a one shot jab you have to get your booster sooner was all I was getting at and how this is all being worded too.

Edit:
But fully support vaccines & mandates for vaccines. So not trying to spread misinformation and everyone should get a shot period.

The reason that younger people are being asked to get boosters is part of a multi-pronged effort to reduce overall community transmission. Unfortunately, at this point, we have to use every tool available in our arsenal to help get this under control.
So youth can be put at health risk to various vaccine reactions that produce worse issues in their age group than covid?
“To serve the greater good”

So youth can be put at health risk to various vaccine reactions that produce worse issues in their age group than covid?
“To serve the greater good”
Vaccine reactions are extremely rare. The only reason some of them are showing up is due to the large numbers of people being vaccinated. A one in a million event seems to happen "frequently" if you have billions of people taking vaccines.

The chance of getting Long COVID is orders of magnitude greater than getting a reaction from the vaccine.

But like other viruses you have your T and B cells to ramp antibodies as you said. Just like other viruses to fight the infection. Wouldn’t that also be your bodies way of fighting a serious infection again.

Again I’m not anti-vacs. I’m anti government mandates.
In the youth there are growing reports of myocarditis and health effects from the vaccines that are much worse than the effects of covid on those age groups.

People who’ve had it before can get it. We’ve seen numerous reports of people who’ve received their boosters and get it again maybe not as bad maybe worse.

It’s not going to be eradicated, if your in risk groups you should consider it, ok.
But just like any virus just because you’ve had it doesn’t mean you won’t get it again. And just because you are vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t catch it again that season.

The single most amazing thing too me is the “group think” to force these vaccine down through all age groups and attaching participation in society to your status.
We’ve gone from get your vaccine it’s great it works lockdowns will be over. To you will have to be regularly vaccinated the rest of your life and don’t forget you mask.
One person has succumbed to Covid in my county in the last 2-1/2 months and who knows what their risk factors were or vaccination status was. That is not a continuation of a health crisis.
You hit so many nails centred. I'm not anti-vax either .
Definitely 100% not guinea pig or lab rat..
Yes anti-gov.
So far short term symptoms and outcomes are dissatisfying from vaccines . From what my personal experience with those I know that have had covid vaccines. If governments were honest I bet my left tit casualties and deaths from covid vs vaccine are very similar. Say we have had vaccine as long as pandemic , then look around you. Do your homework because gov, health and science would never dare admit it. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Let's say and admit the obvious truth. No one knows the long term.
But surely short term is a serious concern of the populations % suffering from side effects is about the same as covid victims hospitalisation and deaths. They are not and won't give those statistics. Which should be publicly announced the same way . You know honest clarity is all I ask. And I know their vaccine trials before public use and to present day doesn't consist of all the answers yet like previous vaccines simply on the amount of history. Historically most vaccines - medical trials is tested a minimum 7yrs. I understand it was panic and do our best but seriously mandates.🤔🧐😕🤬😤

Long COVID
That's the real problem. I've read where people only had mild symptoms from Covid then a week or month later finding out they have some kind of organ damage at its worst.

At its best Long Covid can make you suffer multiple debilitating symptoms for very very long time. Have a friend going on 6 months now no taste and extreme fatigue and only had mild symptoms when infected by Covid.

That's the real problem. I've read where people only had mild symptoms from Covid then a week or month later finding out they have some kind of organ damage at its worst.

At its best Long Covid can make you suffer multiple debilitating symptoms for very very long time. Have a friend going on 6 months now no taste and extreme fatigue and only had mild symptoms when infected by Covid.
Going to have a entire generation forever effected medically. Going to cost government lots of money for the long covid problems people are surfing from which can now be almost entirely avoided. Believe Biden said its covered now through Social Security for the worst long covid people.

I did the first 2, with Pfizer. I did the "booster" this Saturday with half of the Moderna shot. In Italy, the booster, if made with Moderna, is with half of it. I said that I didn't want to mix, but they responded that I could return home. Initially, they said that mixing was not good, but finally they said the contrary: mixing is very good, because the immune responce is stronger, even if a strong and continue solicitation of the immune system is not healthy. At the end, they say all, and the contrary of all, everytime. If there it is as in Italy, you can't choose. It doesn't matter if hurts or not: if you don't take whatever they want, you became a NO VAX, and you are osted from work, school, you can't go to the restaurants, cinemas, trains, bus, metro: you are out from the society.

I only said this. I was a in the Army, so I did all the vaccines, also for the yellow fever. No one of them, made me feel sick, as Pfizer and Moderna.

Last edited:
Why is herd immunity not possible. What is different about Covid.
Not a challenge, I’m wanting to know
She did not go into detail about that, unfortunately. She just made the flat statement, "Herd immunity will not be possible with this virus." I did not have the ability to ask follow-up questions; this was a favor set up for me by my cousin, who knows her, and I was allowed to ask six questions, to which she responded. But like I said, no follow-ups. I was honored to get that much, honestly.

I will toss in some speculation, however. The antibody fade for this virus is extremely quick. The body "forgets" how to defend against the virus within a year or so. Second, the mutation rate for this virus is extremely high, and several new variants per year are likely. There have been recorded cases of people being infected with two different variants simultaneously. Third, remember that this virus escaped from a Level 4 biolab where they were conducting genetic engineering experiments, supposedly to create vaccines. If this virus was genetically manipulated prior to its release - and that has not yet been officially confirmed - then natural defenses against an unnatural virus are no doubt going to be problematic.

@willrod1989 can probably confirm or debunk those speculations.

I will toss in some speculation, however. The antibody fade for this virus is extremely quick. The body "forgets" how to defend against the virus within a year or so. Second, the mutation rate for this virus is extremely high, and several new variants per year are likely.
Omicron is the variant of concern that is mutating like crazy and no one can tell you what tomorrow will bring.
The booster will hopefully prevent a severe illness and death a good reason to get the jab.

There are no guarantees in life, but I'd rather trust vaccines than a virus.

I will toss in some speculation, however. The antibody fade for this virus is extremely quick. The body "forgets" how to defend against the virus within a year or so. Second, the mutation rate for this virus is extremely high, and several new variants per year are likely. There have been recorded cases of people being infected with two different variants simultaneously. Third, remember that this virus escaped from a Level 4 biolab where they were conducting genetic engineering experiments, supposedly to create vaccines. If this virus was genetically manipulated prior to its release - and that has not yet been officially confirmed - then natural defenses against an unnatural virus are no doubt going to be problematic.

@willrod1989 can probably confirm or debunk those speculations.
This is relatively accurate. However, the body doesn't forget how to defend against this virus. It appears that there is a very strong T-cell induced immunity, which would protect someone if they get infected. The B-cell response, while decent, is somewhat slow to produce more antibodies after infection. This is why, while the pandemic is raging, we are encouraging people to get boosters. We want to build up community immunity as high as possible, to hopefully suppress community viral load.

While I cannot officially speak for the government's opinion on this virus, I can say, off the record, that the idea of this virus escaping from the lab is highly probable, while the virus being manipulated is very plausible.

While I cannot officially speak for the government's opinion on this virus, I can say, off the record, that the idea of this virus escaping from the lab is highly probable, while the virus being manipulated is very plausible.
Well isn’t that just great. The people we’re still taking advice from on gov policy in Washington are the same people who bypassed American laws prohibiting gain of function research. Were flowing money to the same lab that probably gave us this cluster fuck.

Maybe if Washington had just been honest and admitted we fucked up and these people are being investigated for potential crimes.
Instead those same people have said mask no mask no those mask won’t work to we all just have to wear mask even at home.
We just have to get to herd immunity to we’ll never get to heard immunity because this virus is just too tricky “because we fucked up”
Can’t mix vaccines to no it’s good to mix the vaccines “better immunity “ that way.
Now we’re to contact tracing, well does that mean at work in same room, or in the same store shopping, riding in a car, or sneezing on a busy sidewalk.
Or will It soon mean having entered a bathroom that an infected person had used within last 30 minutes.
The Darwin awards goes to the professionals not the joe on the street.
No need to respond just a rant that can easily be refuted by past present or future gov or scientific advice.

Riffraff and Willrod1989 please don’t take this as an attack on either of you.
It’s not nor is it your reporting
Just the complete inept conspiratorial and profit driven people that brought us this orchestrated mess.

Last edited:
Riffraff and Willrod1989 please don’t take this as an attack on either of you.
It’s not nor is it your reporting
Just the complete inept conspiratorial and profit driven people that brought us this orchestrated mess.
I didn't take it as such; I share your frustrations. Multiple governments have been less than forthcoming with information on this virus that - had they been forthcoming - could have potentially saved lives. The very second Fauci said, "Masks will not protect anyone from this virus," clear back in spring of 2020, I knew he was lying. That's why I have spent the past 23 months collecting information from more transparent sources outside the United States.

This is relatively accurate. However, the body doesn't forget how to defend against this virus. It appears that there is a very strong T-cell induced immunity, which would protect someone if they get infected. The B-cell response, while decent, is somewhat slow to produce more antibodies after infection. This is why, while the pandemic is raging, we are encouraging people to get boosters. We want to build up community immunity as high as possible, to hopefully suppress community viral load.

Thanks. I figured you could explain it better than I could.

So after reading your explanation several times, let me see if I have this correct: Antibodies produced by vaccines or actual infection do eventually fade over time, but the body still remembers how to produce them if it encounters the virus again. However, the antibodies are slow to produce, meaning someone whose antibodies have completely faded will start producing antibodies, but maybe not quick enough to prevent illness or transmission. The boosters keep the production of the antibodies going, thereby decreasing the odds of illness.

Is that a valid summary?