Covid Breaking News-[July]

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Protests erupt in Paris and across Australia against Covid restrictions. Some turning violent.

Last edited:
D

DuckNCover

They will infected each other and produce another wave of infections.
I wonder if they're still sane or if the virus has zombiefied them and is manipulating their minds already.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
We could all move to Sweden and have no concerns over such issues as world wide pandemics with lock-downs that are destroying our economy and way of life.

Daily COVID Deaths in Sweden Hit Zero, as Other Nations Brace for More Lockdowns​

Sweden isn't in the news much these days. There's a reason for that.

Thursday, July 22, 2021​

https://fee.org/articles/daily-covid-deaths-in-sweden-hit-zero-as-other-nations-brace-for- more-lockdowns/
Unless Sweden has shut down their borders to all incoming travel, this is a temporary situation.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Unless Sweden has shut down their borders to all incoming travel, this is a temporary situation.
Also not a very populated country with not many cities. Easier to contain a pandemic where most people are outdoorsy & respect what their government has to say and listens. Unlike most Euro/American brats who think they know everything.

You could fit all of Sweden in NYC and still have plenty of room. Less than 10 million people and yet you want to hold them to a higher standard? haha ok

SIDE NOTE: 47% of Swedish people live alone. Not that it really makes a difference with a population less than 10 million spread out.

Last edited:

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
Also not a very populated country with not many cities. Easier to contain a pandemic where most people are outdoorsy & respect what their government has to say and listens. Unlike most Euro/American brats who think they know everything.

You could fit all of Sweden in NYC and still have plenty of room. Less than 10 million people and yet you want to hold them to a higher standard? haha ok

SIDE NOTE: 47% of Swedish people live alone. Not that it really makes a difference with a population less than 10 million spread out.
Those factors would definitely have an impact on spread.

In other news, I just saw a blurb - unconfirmed - that the CDC is weighing the possibility of reinstating mask requirements even for fully vaccinated people. That, combined with the studies coming out of Israel regarding decrease in vaccine efficacy beginning at three months and dropping to around 50% efficacy by six months after being vaccinated tells me that the vaccines are not the savior of mankind they were trumped up to be (pun intended). Booster shots are going to be required every six months to maintain any concrete level of protection at all, and that's assuming new variants don't achieve vaccine breakthrough.

This isn't over yet, folks.

Those factors would definitely have an impact on spread.

In other news, I just saw a blurb - unconfirmed - that the CDC is weighing the possibility of reinstating mask requirements even for fully vaccinated people. That, combined with the studies coming out of Israel regarding decrease in vaccine efficacy beginning at three months and dropping to around 50% efficacy by six months after being vaccinated tells me that the vaccines are not the savior of mankind they were trumped up to be (pun intended). Booster shots are going to be required every six months to maintain any concrete level of protection at all, and that's assuming new variants don't achieve vaccine breakthrough.

This isn't over yet, folks.

Who is it that will believe the propaganda that says the un-vaccinated people are the reason that the vaccinated people are getting sick, reinfected and dying

Incognito

July 26, 2021 - The Delta Variant Is the Symptom of a Bigger Threat: Vaccine Refusal (NYT)

I haven't got the vaccine yet. I stay away from people and stores and only go out a few times a month. I ware double masks and I constantly clean my hands when I go out. I still social distance as much as possible because the unmasked people are intimidating me by getting real close on purpose and some even fake cough. I even get the 3rd degree about why I'm still wearing my mask.

I'm scared of both the virus and the vaccine and what side effect will there be months or years down the road from either. I'm most scared of humans and their belligerence (am I going to be beat up for not having the vaccine and wearing my masks?)

I don't know what the answer is :(

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
July 26, 2021 - The Delta Variant Is the Symptom of a Bigger Threat: Vaccine Refusal (NYT)

I haven't got the vaccine yet. I stay away from people and stores and only go out a few times a month. I ware double masks and I constantly clean my hands when I go out. I still social distance as much as possible because the unmasked people are intimidating me by getting real close on purpose and some even fake cough. I even get the 3rd degree about why I'm still wearing my mask.

I'm scared of both the virus and the vaccine and what side effect will there be months or years down the road from either. I'm most scared of humans and their belligerence (am I going to be beat up for not having the vaccine and wearing my masks?)

I don't know what the answer is :(
You do what's right for you and to hell with total strangers that can't deal with it.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Rising cases "appear likely to continue in the weeks ahead," said White House Press Secretary, so the US "will maintain existing travel restrictions at this point".

US ban include non-US citizens who had recently visited the UK, the 26-nation Schengen bloc in Europe, Brazil, Ireland, India, Iran and South Africa.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Stop forcing the vaccine,... let the Republicans die from their own demise. Way I see less votes for Republicans. Republicans are killing their voters.

Republicans are killing the main age group that votes for them. The middle age or elderly make up the majority of Republican voters. With recent change in statement from Republican leaders, they know exactly that this is the truth. :)

Can't wait to see next election results as a nice chuck of Republican voters and in near future are/will be gone due to their own demise.

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST Republicans. Just calling it how I see it. They are killing a lot of their prime voters.

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Stop forcing the vaccine,... let the Republicans die from their own demise. Way I see less votes for Republicans. Republicans are killing their voters.

Republicans are killing the main age group that votes for them. The middle age or elderly make up the majority of Republican voters. With recent change in statement from Republican leaders, they know exactly that this is the truth. :)

Can't wait to see next election results as a nice chuck of Republican voters and in near future are/will be gone due to their own demise.

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST Republicans. Just calling it how I see it. They are killing a lot of their prime voters.
But hey I call it killing off the stupid. Not just Republicans but the equally dumb minority Democrats who refuse to take it.

That should spark something, yes I am comparing Republicans who refuse the vaccine just as dumb as the minority Democrats. Y'all in the same boat. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
Republicans are killing the main age group that votes for them. The middle age or elderly make up the majority of Republican voters
Your statement is hyperbole, but not completely inaccurate.

Here is a Forbes article which lists who is and who is not getting the vaccine.

the highest share of unvaccinated respondents were 30-49 years old (41%), followed by 29% ages 18-29 and 20% ages 50-64, while only 9% of those unvaccinated were 65 and older.
That breaks your "old Republicans aren't getting the vaccine" theory.
Nearly half of unvaccinated respondents were Republicans (49% versus 29% Democrats), as opposed to 31% of vaccinated respondents who identified as Republicans and 59% Democrats.
That does play into the ideological lines.
Unvaccinated respondents were more likely to have lower education levels (46% attended only high school or less) and lower income levels (42% earn less than $40,000 per year) than their vaccinated counterparts, who are nearly twice as likely to have earned a college degree or more.
Maybe that shouldn't surprise me.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
Your statement is hyperbole, but not completely inaccurate.

Here is a Forbes article which lists who is and who is not getting the vaccine.

That breaks your "old Republicans aren't getting the vaccine" theory.

That does play into the ideological lines.

Maybe that shouldn't surprise me.
Yeah, none of those statistics really surprise me at all.

D

DuckNCover

SARS Cov-2 will stay with us forever, like all the others, many of them are deadly.
We are still lucky they haven't wiped us all out, yet!
And no, these viruses do not soley depend on us, most are established in the animal kingdom.
Most animals have developed a way astronger immune systems, ours is pathetic weak we will never be on par.

The Bird flu for example is close about to make the species leap,
as easy as it kills the birds in the billions it will kill us without effort we are no match for it.

H5N1, H5N8 etc. sooner or later it becomes more easily transmissible among humans,
the consequences for public health could be very serious.

In this case the self chosen freedom of not wearing a mask and not getting vaccinated will be death sentence.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
In this case the self chosen freedom of not wearing a mask and not getting vaccinated will be death sentence.
...for those who choose to not wear a mask or get vaccinated. I'm fine with this. It proves Darwin's theory of natural selection and weeds out the morons from our gene pool at the same time. Covid may be responsible for a collective increase in human IQ on this planet. Probably worth it in the long run.