• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Covid Breaking News-[July]

When the Biden Administration decides to stop spreading newly-arrived untested and/or covid-positive illegal immigrants around the country and close the US/Mexican border, then I’ll start taking their covid fear mongering seriously.
Yep this open border policy of not checking arrivals totally negates the panic. If it doesn’t matter for undocumented aliens it doesn’t matter to any of us.

In all honesty I don't think that people are refusing the vaccine because they think their personal schedule is so more important; it's because of how the US government turned the pandemic into a political issue and the resultant tsunami of misinformation and disinformation released on both the virus and the vaccines. Some Americans are still honestly convinced that the entire pandemic is a scam and the vaccine is part of some deep conspiracy to control and/or depopulate the global population. I don't blame them, really; I blame the morons with the microphones who use their massive social media accounts to spread outright lies that serve no purpose besides furthering their own personal agenda. And it's working.

If Republicans and Democrats truly cared about the American public, they would have united on this issue, put forth a unified front and tried like hell to prevent Americans from getting sick or dying. Instead, the United States leads the world in number of confirmed cases. (Emphasis on "confirmed" because China's official numbers have been suspect from day one.) This is just further proof that regardless of your voting habits, your elected representatives do not give a shit about your personal welfare. They would rather see Americans die than lose the next election cycle.

I waited until June to get my vaccine because the amount of contradictory information that was out there was impossible to comb through, and so I just kept a close eye on friends and family members who got vaccinated to see if they developed adverse reactions. None of them did. And not a single one has been able to reproduce the whole "magnet sticks to the arm where you got the shot" bullshit, or any of the other stupid shit being spread by the tinfoil hats.

Based on my PERSONAL research into all the available information (meaning information I have scoured through on my own time, rejecting data that doesn't hold up versus data that remains consistent to arrive at my conclusions, plus personal observations), getting the standard J&J vaccine will not hurt you and will provide a modicum of protection against all Covid variants up through Delta, but will start to lose efficacy after 90 days, dropping to roughly 50% efficacy by the six-month mark. Booster shots will be required between the six-month and 1 year range.

Data on the mRNA vaccines is a little tougher because while this is not the first mRNA vaccine to be developed, it is the first one to ever be approved for use. I will say that current data shows no negative short-term side effects. Long-term, all we have available to us is roughly two decades worth of data from past mRNA vaccine attempts, none of which fared well and were never authorized for human use. Based on my PERSONAL research, I will refuse mRNA vaccines for Covid until better long-term results are in. However, they also appear to begin losing their efficacy at the 90-day mark, falling to roughly 60% by the six-month mark. Booster shots will be required for mRNA vaccines as well.

There is also a misconception floating around out there that the virus has achieved "vaccine breakthrough" because vaccinated people are becoming infected. This is not the case. Yes, vaccinated people are getting infected, but it's due to the dwindling efficacy I mentioned in the previous two paragraphs. The virus has not achieved "breakthrough," it's just beginning to beat the odds of protection for vaccinated people as the vaccine efficacy falls. True vaccine breakthrough might be possible in future variants, but it will be a nightmare of catastrophic proportions. Trust me, you'll know if it happens. What we're dealing with right now is a minor flood. Vaccine breakthrough will be a dam collapse by comparison.

So, I agree with DarkNoon. If you care about your fellow Americans, please get vaccinated (J&J recommended) and honor requests to wear masks indoors. You are not "defending your freedom" by refusing to wear a mask; you're being a selfish douchebag. And nobody likes selfish douchebags.
mRNA vaccine is not a vaccine. It does not create an immune response to attack the virus. It trains cells to produce the spike protein on the bodies cell wall. This interferes with the virus entering the cell and replicating. It has the effect of a vaccine but it does nothing to kill the virus in the body. So depending on the virus load in the body a person could still be a carrier. As I posted previously here the Salk institute has raised the concern that the anomalous health problems from covid are actually caused by the spike protein.
My position is yes if your in a high risk group take it. If not your potential exposing yourself to the same danger as covid.
As far as what the future looks like, it will be the same as after the Spanish flu. It will achieve population immunity and cases will dramatically drop.
the reason covid has been such a shock it it was a brand new virus with no immunity in the population.

With the mRNA vaccine there will never be a antibody response to covid so boosters likely be necessary every six months will be needed to fight off covid.
I’ll take natural immunity for myself.

From my understanding the spike protein is the surface of any virus that acts like a key to enter a cell.
Through a mRNA vaccine there is no real virus injected, only the spike protein and some parts of the rna but the rna code to copy itself and which causes harm is missing.
which is basicly only a virus shell with some information inside, the spike shell is always the only thing visible for the immune system before a virus infects another cell.
And these shells cannot replicate and so the immune system has an unlimited time to recognize and to destroy them which
makes the mRNA vaccine more efficient. Also because the big amount of antibodies created is not getting attacked and destroyed by the a real virus.

mRNA vaccine is not a vaccine. It does not create an immune response to attack the virus. It trains cells to produce the spike protein on the bodies cell wall. This interferes with the virus entering the cell and replicating. It has the effect of a vaccine but it does nothing to kill the virus in the body. So depending on the virus load in the body a person could still be a carrier. As I posted previously here the Salk institute has raised the concern that the anomalous health problems from covid are actually caused by the spike protein.
My position is yes if your in a high risk group take it. If not your potential exposing yourself to the same danger as covid.
As far as what the future looks like, it will be the same as after the Spanish flu. It will achieve population immunity and cases will dramatically drop.
the reason covid has been such a shock it it was a brand new virus with no immunity in the population.

With the mRNA vaccine there will never be a antibody response to covid so boosters likely be necessary every six months will be needed to fight off covid.
I’ll take natural immunity for myself.
With a couple of small exceptions, the most important of which is: This isn't an influenza virus, which are relatively simple in comparison to SC2. SC2 is both chimeric and biphasic in nature, meaning natural immunity of any reliable level in the near future is extremely improbable.

The jury is also still out on the actual origins of this virus. It cannot be determined beyond a reasonable doubt, but there is a good chance this virus was accidentally released by an infected lab technician at the level 4 bio-lab in Wuhan, China. Essentially, she was possibly patient zero. We know the Chinese government was putting a huge priority on finding her at the very beginning of the outbreak in China, but never heard if they found her or not. If this virus did originate at that lab - and I acknowledge that is still an as-of-yet unproven "if" - we have no idea if or how this virus might have been manipulated at the genetic level for research purposes. I don't really buy the theory that this was a man-made bio-weapon; but it is possible this virus was being used in vaccine research, as ironic as that might be.

IF this virus was tinkered with by scientists at the genetic level, that puts further doubt on developing any form of natural immunity any time soon.

People really need to stop comparing Covid to the flu. It's not even close.

The Delta Covid variant is one of the most infectious respiratory diseases ever seen by scientists, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.

Delta variant as contagious as chickenpox, measles

People really need to stop comparing Covid to the flu. It's not even close.
Exactly it's a compareable complex zoonosis and can infect all mamals.
Propbably it can even infect a dolphin or a blue whale, this ability is making it undefeatable.
Cows, cats, dogs. pigs, just all of them.

The Delta variant is in my opinion the most contagious disease of all and it still can become worse.

Biden is thinking or debating national mandates for vaccine. White House Press secretary says that a national mandate for vaccines are not being considered YET.

Biden has been asking the Justice Department on weather he could enforce such a measure.

Scientists unveiled the threat of a super mutant variant in a paper looking at potential scenarios that could emerge in the not-so-distant future.
Experts said a future strain could be resistant to vaccines if it came about by the jab-resistant 'South Africa' Beta variant combining with the more transmissible 'Kent' Alpha or 'India' Delta variants.
The process — known as recombination — could lead to a strain with 'increased morbidity and mortality'. 💀

An outbreak of the coronavirus delta variant has spread to 15 Chinese cities

The latest outbreak was first discovered in the eastern city of Nanjing, in the coastal province of Jiangsu south of the capital, Beijing. In the past week, it has quickly spread to 15 cities across the country, the South China Morning Post reports.
In the most recent outbreak, the first case was detected on July 20 in a passenger arriving from Russia at the international airport in Nanjing — a city of more than 9 million. Since then, at least 184 new infections have been found, Reuters reports.
"The number of cases reported has climbed recently," deputy director general of the Nanjing Centre for Disease Control and Prevention Ding Jie said on Tuesday, the South China Morning Post reported. "Early cases transmitted among aircraft cabin cleaners quickly and spread further through social activities and work environment contamination."

"We tracked down a large number of close contacts and have been testing them. New cases are constantly being discovered," Ding said
The latest outbreak "may prove to be of a larger scale than the previous outbreak in Guangzhou, South China's Guangdong Province" that first hit in May, the Global Times reported.