Covid or Freedom? (Split from New Covid panic spreading over omicron variant)

willrod1989

We’re not going to eradicate this and eventuallyeveryone” is going to end up being exposed and likely contracting it.
But if your vaccinated your not going to end up getting very sick.

Ok now what’s the percentage of people under 60 with no serious co-morbidities who ended up getting very sick.

Why again are we mandating, let alone, advising healthy people under sixty to get vaccinated if 99% of those are not going to get seriously ill from it.
Just keep getting those booster shots forever now.
And throw your surgical and cloth mask out because cdc is only recommending n-95 now. They must have got a surpluses manufactured and ready to sell.

Again, I'll repeat this, but you can't gauge the case fatality rate of a new disease while a pandemic is raging. This is due to the lag between infection and death. I can guarantee you that the CFR is definitely above 2%, which already makes it worse than Spanish flu.

Not to mention, a significant portion of survivors face long-term health effects.

I'm really tired of people repeating the "99% survivability" mantra.

Grey Hound

Again, I'll repeat this, but you can't gauge the case fatality rate of a new disease while a pandemic is raging. This is due to the lag between infection and death. I can guarantee you that the CFR is definitely above 2%, which already makes it worse than Spanish flu.

Not to mention, a significant portion of survivors face long-term health effects.

I assume your referencing the death rate.. And it is not above 2% When I did the math the other day, in the whole world there has only been .06% of the population dead from this from the beginning. I personally am tired of people making a mountain out of a molehill about this. When the flu came out it was nasty, then eventually it faded out to the point we have it today. This is normal.. In my opinion that is what is happening to the rona.. ten years from now it will be nothing more than a seasonal flu virus.

Obreid

Power Poster

I said For those under 60 and no serious comorbidities
and it’s been two years, if some sort of reliable model can’t be derived by now .... well
My point again wasn’t that Covid wasn’t real or was just a bad flu. My point was the irrational public health policies of locking communities down, mandating mask and vaccines. When even now Fauci admits we won’t eradicate Covid, and that vaccines and mask can only at best mediate the severity of the illness.
With that said, public and personal health guidance should be to protect yourself if your in an age group or health risk that it is seriously dangerous to. Not inflict school age children to mandatory vaccines and spending two years of the 12 years of school age childhood at distance learning or wearing mask

Also when public health officials have actively worked to suppress mediation treatments to lessen the severity, that have been proven in other nations. Or at the very least encourage the exploration of those treatment options. Then that is not a failure it’s criminal.

Obreid

Power Poster
Yes and there are a number of cases of young healthy adolescents who’ve been vaccinated then developed heart issues inexplicably. I know some.
Or Close to 20 world class athletes in peak health having heart issues inexplicably out of the blue and collapsing on the field or being forced to leave competition.

I’m not say vacs bad but how many VERSA incidents have been reported after the mRNA injections?
Surely enough that the public health community would ask why. But instead we just charge forward blindly, that is my issue.