• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Cuba anti-government protests

krzepice1976

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
Thousands of Cubans took part in rare protests Sunday against the communist government, marching through a town chanting "Down with the dictatorship" and "We want liberty."

The protest in San Antonio de los Banos, a town of some 50,000 people southwest of Havana, came as Cuba is experiencing its toughest phase yet of the coronavirus epidemic, the same day it reported a new daily record of infections and deaths.

Some of the demonstrators, mainly young people, shouted insults against President Miguel Diaz-Canel who turned up at the event, according to amateur videos posted online, while others proclaimed: "We are not afraid."

As opposed to how Defcons hypothetical was refuted?
very well,
I doubt seriously further sanctions will be imposed on Cuba. However if the Cuban gov responds to the protest with excessive violence. Then yes we should impose sanctions. But like the Obama admin when the Iranians were protesting in the streets. This admin will do nothing to support the protestors.

Miami Mayor calls for troops to โ€˜protectโ€™ Cubans​

Yeah, keep dreaming.

All true Communist countries fall and hardly last more than a short generation or two. It is a very flawed and doomed system in the global era.

The exception of DPRK a true communist country, which in reality is on a knife edge always of collapsing.

Trust me when I say this from what I have read on my desk and colleagues, "DPRK will fall, CCP & RF will not help DPRK other than securities to their respective borders for protection against refugees from DPRK when not 'if' the DPRK communist party collapses"

IT will be up to Western powers to secure DPRK. CCP may take a military action but only to make a bigger buffer between the West and CCP in the event WHEN DPRK collapses.

See CCP & RF don't have the money or capability to secure a entire country descending and destabilizing into a civil war. So like always the West will have to clean up the mess to secure global markets......

"DPRK will fall, CCP & RF will not help DPRK other than securities to their respective borders for protection against refugees from DPRK when not 'if' the DPRK communist party collapses"
Same for Cuba. RF or CCP can't and won't really interfere they just don't have the capability anymore. They have bigger problems.

Just name 5 problems facing CCP & RF and it will tell you Cuba or DPRK is on the bottom of their IGAF list.

DPRK will fall, CCP & RF will not help DPRK other than securities to their respective borders for protection against refugees from DPRK when not 'if' the DPRK communist party collapses"
China is not going to let North Korea fall. They want that buffer. They will assassinate Un brfore they allow thg bst to happen, which is why NK does not trust China. NK is using China just like China is using NK.

They want that buffer.
They will create their own buffer by advancing into DPRK border. But they won't go much farther.

SEE whatever the US has in ROK won't change much if we get closer. SEE that US weapons systems are well beyond inside Chinese reach.

SO when DPRK is to fall nothing would change at all strategically with China and THEY KNOW THIS.

SO to save CCP & RF money/troops they will have the west secure the country and CCP & RF will just secure their respective borders. It's almost set in stone verbally. :/

SO to save CCP & RF money/troops they will have the west secure the country and CCP & RF will just secure their respective borders. It's almost set in stone verbally. :/
This has already been discussed between us with CCP & RF. It's public knowledge in some areas. Me saying this isn't giving sensitive information. It's well know the west take cares of global instability issues with weaker countries to protect and preserve global markets.

Even though China and Russia want to act like they are above the global markets and norms they are not... CCP & RF like every country on this damned planet depend on a stable global market.

US or west are the only global forces financially, resource, and troop ready for such a massive undertaking in this event on a dime.