DEFCON 4 | Europe Crisis | November 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So Russia is moving more military equipment to the border with Ukraine.
And Belarus has ferried all the migrants back to the border. All the border camps are full again being sent to Polish border. It was never simmering down. Just was rotating them out for new migrants.

rudemarine

Power Poster II
So Russia is moving more military equipment to the border with Ukraine.

Update: Avril Haines, director of American intelligence warns NATO allies in Brussels that Russian invasion of Ukraine is close. We await Russian invasion.

Courtesy WWW3endgame on twitter. I forgot to grab the link before closing it out in the land of internet OZ.

I pray Putin has not gone fully insane or that he seriously thinks NATO is joking about stopping him from invading.

G

And NATO does....what?
Tries to act tough, which they are. In the process NATO accidentally gets sucked into a direct conflict with Russia through over/under-estimating blowing up quickly due to incredibly high tentions with other Eastern European nations.

rudemarine

Power Poster II
Yeah, I saw that as well.

So like I asked before: Russia invades. And NATO does....what?

If you were the President and Russia just invaded Ukraine which threatened Nato units in country and a lot of innocent lives after the US, France and others told him that doing so would bring severe consequences what would you do?

Not acting with force would cause NATO to be seen as a worthless partner to put so much money towards yearly.

Oh and they would be cutting off millions of dollars to YOUR own personal slush fund while cutting off all future weapons sales to the country that could reach the hundreds of millions.

I don't see NATO letting Russia get away with it again unless they rush in and secure a small land bridge and call it a day. Anything more and I think a lot of Russian troops are going to be slaughtered.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
I don't see NATO letting Russia get away with it again unless they rush in and secure a small land bridge and call it a day. Anything more and I think a lot of Russian troops are going to be slaughtered.
My assessment is that's exactly what they're going to do and that's exactly what Putin is gambling on. Also, we know for a fact that Russia and China are colluding due to their joint bomber flight over the Sea of Japan. I am still convinced that a move on Ukraine and a move on Taiwan will be coordinated and simultaneous.

Yingyang

Power Poster
Update: Avril Haines, director of American intelligence warns NATO allies in Brussels that Russian invasion of Ukraine is close. We await Russian invasion.

Courtesy WWW3endgame on twitter. I forgot to grab the link before closing it out in the land of internet OZ.

I pray Putin has not gone fully insane or that he seriously thinks NATO is joking about stopping him from invading.
Internet OZ ? Are you down under?

Saguenay

My assessment is that's exactly what they're going to do and that's exactly what Putin is gambling on. Also, we know for a fact that Russia and China are colluding due to their joint bomber flight over the Sea of Japan. I am still convinced that a move on Ukraine and a move on Taiwan will be coordinated and simultaneous.
I ask again the question of DWS, if China and Russia strike together, NATO and the USA do what?

expat42451

So when does it happen and are we seeing particularly with Taiwan, movement of men and material that indicates its soon??

V

Valfert

Tries to act tough, which they are. In the process NATO accidentally gets sucked into a direct conflict with Russia through over/under-estimating blowing up quickly due to incredibly high tentions with other Eastern European nations.
This likely outcome. Tention make leaders pay no attention in details only what right in front of them. Tention make leaders do irrational decisions. Tention leads to disastrous mistakes people no see until to late.

N

novaB

The article (paywalled) doesn't really present anything new. Just a summary of old news with a clickbait headline.
But it isn't paywalled! At least not for me, perhaps in other IP-ranges there's a paywall?

Well, and what's new in this article is what krzepice1976 (with the tweet of status-6) and rudemarine (with "Update: Avril Haines, director of American intelligence warns NATO allies in Brussels that Russian invasion of Ukraine is close. We await Russian invasion.") posted after me - the official warning from the US.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
But it isn't paywalled! At least not for me, perhaps in other IP-ranges there's a paywall?
It is possible to access cached pages of paywalled articles through Google and bypass the paywall. You might have accessed a cached version of the article without knowing it.

N

novaB

OFFTOPIC

It is possible to access cached pages of paywalled articles through Google and bypass the paywall. You might have accessed a cached version of the article without knowing it.
Yeah, you're probably right - although I didn't came from a Google Search, but from a link on Twitter. But I just tried another browser in incognito mode and - paywall. So thank you for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.