• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

EAM Activity April 2021

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
Donator
I know this stuff could just be for a pizza delivery, but I just monitored 4 EAMs in the last 5 minutes on 8992 kHz.

Is the burst of four unusual in such a short time?
I’m totally ignorant about their patterns.
Would assume it 4 separate messages for 4 separate entities. Which could be individual platforms, command, or fleet stations correct.

Not really. Mornings and early afternoon are usually routine tanker EAMs. Sometimes multiple in short periods of time. Routine stuff is usually 30 characters long. Its not unheard of to have the occasional 96-120+ character EAM. When you start getting multiple 96-120+ EAMS its usually a good indication somethings going on but don't always mean something global is happening either. They also occur when one of the US Commands is running a major exercise; Global Thunder, etc.

I know this stuff could just be for a pizza delivery, but I just monitored 4 EAMs in the last 5 minutes on 8992 kHz.
Not really. Anything public will be on MURS channels between 151-154 MHZ. (example Walmart employee communications) or FRS channels 462-467 MHZ. (example most road workers) I recently pulled up on a road crew who had walkie talkies, and because I had a handheld HAM, what I heard was quite funny but I did not transmit.

Not really. Anything public will be on MURS channels between 151-154 MHZ. (example Walmart employee communications) or FRS channels 462-467 MHZ. (example most road workers) I recently pulled up on a road crew who had walkie talkies, and because I had a handheld HAM, what I heard was quite funny but I did not transmit.
I'm confused. I'm familiar with the frequencies you're talking about. The military would never use those for EAM traffic. What did I miss?

I'm confused. I'm familiar with the frequencies you're talking about. The military would never use those for EAM traffic. What did I miss?
You didnt miss anything. I was just stating pizza delivery drivers would not use the miltary frequencies.

Forgive me, I can be quite the literalist sometimes...