• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

F-35 Fighter Being Certified to Carry Nuclear Weapons

Broken arrow alert coming to you soon!
Don't worry a nuke crashing in a plane or being dropped in a emergence has almost a zero chance of the trigger triggering and initiating a nuclear chain reaction. That has to be set on purpose in order to go "boom".

Worst case scenario you will have a ploom of dirt and uranium/plutonium dust falling all around you.

Better solution: Put wings and a cockpit on the existing ICBMs. They fly better than the F-35 anyway.

I take a counter view, the F-35 has had lots of issues no question. But many have been rung out. The V22 osprey had lots of crashes as well. If it was such a failure I don’t see so many foreign allies taking deliver of them.
I think it has high Potential like the stealth bomber or the B-1.
Stealthy incursion short window of visibility when the bay doors open.
Nuke Payload configured for maximum stealth also.
Snap the payload doors shut and scoot.
Minimal visibility - practically over the target - they see an eye blink radar return and what’s the glide path time from 36000’ to 1000’? Around 47 seconds
A lots less than most missile launches to TOT

I take a counter view, the F-35 has had lots of issues no question. But many have been rung out. The V22 osprey had lots of crashes as well. If it was such a failure I don’t see so many foreign allies taking deliver of them.
I think it has high Potential like the stealth bomber or the B-1.
Stealthy incursion short window of visibility when the bay doors open.
Nuke Payload configured for maximum stealth also.
Snap the payload doors shut and scoot.
Minimal visibility - practically over the target - they see an eye blink radar return and what’s the glide path time from 36000’ to 1000’? Around 47 seconds
A lots less than most missile launches to TOT
Good analysis. Let's hope you're right.

They're going to equip a failed fighter design with nukes? Really???

They will work out the issues just as they did with the most popular fighter of the 80s and 90s. The F-16 was called the lawn dart in its early years because it was the first fighter to use 100 percent fly by wire technology.

They are just now building the all new B-61 mod 12 in full production and what better fighters to carry it than our stealth ones. They even dropped it at super sonic speed. Imagine how deep it can punch into bunkers at those speeds! It’s also a major selling point to Israel and other nuclear allies.

It’s already certified on the F-15 and 16 and the B-2. The B-21 is designed for them. They will probably secretly have them in the B-1s in today’s hostile environment. It will definitely make Russia think twice about starting crap in Europe or with us.

Better solution: Put wings and a cockpit on the existing ICBMs. They fly better than the F-35 anyway.

And can be blown out of the sky by the new Russian missile defense systems. The F-35 can fly faster than any other aircraft with a full weapons load! Think about that for a second. It truly has had very few accidents compared to other aircraft in it’s early years.

It truly has had very few accidents compared to other aircraft in it’s early years.
Hard to have an accident when you can't get it off the ground in the first place...

Hard to have an accident when you can't get it off the ground in the first place...

They are flying all over the place. The only reason they are not stacked on our carriers is the blast shields on every carrier but the Carl Vinson will melt in the jet blast the hot F-35 puts out. Brilliant hu! Typical navy screw up and they only plan on replacing them as each carrier is scheduled for service.

2:48 😆

7:58

Seems ok to me although the two nagging problems really piss me off. The carrier blast shield and the fact the stealth coating rips off the tail trailing edges at Mach 1 plus is just insane as the Raptors do not have that issue.

The F-117 nighthawk was very successful yet it had one huge problem I saw for myself at MacDill. The dam wings will snap right off if a pilot turns to hard.

Thankfully the pilot got out and it scared us all because he was flying low over a neighborhood.

The point is these will be little stealth bombers that at least have a chance of fighting back where the F-117 had no defense at all if spotted. They will eventually be really good but I think the minute the 6th gen fighter hit production you will see the Airforce cancel their orders for remaining F-35s as they should.

The Navy needs a replacement for the A-6 as these are intended but they had better get a 6th gen F-14 replacement coming down the pipe soon.

Last edited:
Broken arrow alert coming to you soon!
Don’t worry, the B-61 mod 12 has improved security features, so instead of the arming codes being 0000 after the case is opened by ground crews in our allied nations that are in the sharing program, it’s now 1234 🤣.