• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

FBI & DHS Issue Joint Intelligence Bulletin on Threat of Domestic Terrorist Attacks

It boils down to this:
*Some* liberals worshiped Obama as the return of the messiah, and no matter what fact you throw at them, no matter how well-documented it is, nothing will disrupt their faith in him. (Believe me, I've tried.)

*Some* conservatives worship Trump as the return of the messiah, and no matter what fact you throw at them, no matter how well-documented it is, nothing will disrupt their faith in him. (Believe me, I've tried.)

THAT is our core problem. The public has slowly evolved from viewing our political leaders as fallible human beings to worshiping them as saviors. Both sides do it; I've seen it for myself. Being strongly against a political system that is restricted to two parties and a Libertarian, I am the closest thing you will get to a neutral observer, and this is what I have observed happening over the last few decades.

If I figure out I'm dealing with a worshiper, I just disengage, because there is nothing I can say, nothing anyone else can say, to dissuade them from their belief. Their chosen savior could engage in sexual relations with a stray dog in a back alley on live television, and they would claim it was a "holographic projection" or a "body double," all the witnesses "crisis actors," all the video and photographic evidence faked, the law enforcement investigating it are all working for the "deep state," and the entire incident is a "false flag" so they can confiscate your dogs.

There is nothing to be gained from arguing with a true believer like this. Generally speaking, I don't hate these people. Their delusions are the result of weaponized social media and a lack of political neutrality on the part of the American news media, combined with a public education that does not teach critical thinking as the basis for observing the world around you. But that doesn't make them any less dangerous. We've all seen what religious zealots can do. There is no difference between a religious zealot and a political zealot other than their motivations.

I want to emphasize that these "true believers" are in the minority for the most part. There are plenty of conservatives with whom I can have a rational discussion on abortion and plenty of liberals with whom I can have a rational discussion on the Second Amendment. The problem is, it's not those people getting the sound bites and retweets.

Liberals: You need to realize the investigations into January 6th have been going on for two and a half YEARS, and they just now get around to serving a search warrant on Donald Trump, ten weeks before mid-term elections. Even if the circumstances surrounding the warrant are legitimate, they're playing political games with their timing to serve their own political agenda. And that's wrong.

Conservatives: You need to consider the possibility that Donald Trump has actually committed several federal felonies, and that he's not who he presents himself to be to the public. I'm not stating that this is actually the case - I'm saying you need to consider the possibility.

To everyone: Consider voting Libertarian this year and in 2024 so we can get ALL of the political crazies out of the White House and Congress and start over with a whole bunch of new political crazies. Do it for the sheer entertainment value if for no other reason.

That is all.

In terms of FBI intelligence investigations, I came upon this 2022 Bloomberg article,
"FBI Searched Data of Millions of Americans Without Warrants"

...which then led me to this ODNI report:
-- Per 2022 ODNI rept, number of USA residents subject to FBI intelligence surveillance without warrant increased from 1.3 million in 2020 to 3.4 million in 2021. Number linked to "crime": 1 (2020); 12 (2021) https://dni.gov/files/CLPT/documents/2022_ASTR_for_CY2020_FINAL.pdf

When referencing that this issue is way beyond the Trump political issues and Trump followers, just look at the numbers. Not my numbers, but the ODNI's numbers. USA has a national security problem alright, but it is not necessarily in the direction that our partisans and political media have been telling us to look at.

FBI-702-Queries.jpg

Last edited:
To everyone: Consider voting Libertarian this year and in 2024 so we can get ALL of the political crazies out of the White House and Congress and start over with a whole bunch of new political crazies.
Definitely need a third party of some kind as the the Uniparty Blue/Red gridlock continues to only build national friction and lack of restraint/mercy towards the public.

Very sad that such people who served their country and would be considered to have a life of patriotism - end up choosing violence as an extremist approach to challenging the lack of boundaries and restraint on FBI intelligence domestic actions on citizens. This is so wrong and misguided. We cannot stop crime with crime.

What a shame and a waste of someone who served USA. Just 10 years ago this man was fighting for his country, now shooting at USG offices and being killed. So sad all around.
-- "Mr. Shiffer served in the U.S. Navy from 1998 to 2003. For years, he was stationed aboard a nuclear submarine, where he was eligible for a top-secret clearance. He served in the Florida National Guard as an infantryman from 2008 to 2011 and deployed for a year to support the war in Iraq."

That is the same very mistaken approach that the IC has adopted in undermining federal law enforcement. But two wrongs don't make a right, no matter what extremist advocacy argues it. There needs to be calls of independent federal law enforcement - separate from intelligence agencies "authorizing crime."

We can never stop wrong with wrong. This is the fundamental in law enforcement philosphy that people in justice understand. USA is not a war-zone.

It boils down to this:
*Some* liberals worshiped Obama as the return of the messiah, and no matter what fact you throw at them, no matter how well-documented it is, nothing will disrupt their faith in him. (Believe me, I've tried.)

*Some* conservatives worship Trump as the return of the messiah, and no matter what fact you throw at them, no matter how well-documented it is, nothing will disrupt their faith in him. (Believe me, I've tried.)

THAT is our core problem. The public has slowly evolved from viewing our political leaders as fallible human beings to worshiping them as saviors. Both sides do it; I've seen it for myself. Being strongly against a political system that is restricted to two parties and a Libertarian, I am the closest thing you will get to a neutral observer, and this is what I have observed happening over the last few decades.

If I figure out I'm dealing with a worshiper, I just disengage, because there is nothing I can say, nothing anyone else can say, to dissuade them from their belief. Their chosen savior could engage in sexual relations with a stray dog in a back alley on live television, and they would claim it was a "holographic projection" or a "body double," all the witnesses "crisis actors," all the video and photographic evidence faked, the law enforcement investigating it are all working for the "deep state," and the entire incident is a "false flag" so they can confiscate your dogs.

There is nothing to be gained from arguing with a true believer like this. Generally speaking, I don't hate these people. Their delusions are the result of weaponized social media and a lack of political neutrality on the part of the American news media, combined with a public education that does not teach critical thinking as the basis for observing the world around you. But that doesn't make them any less dangerous. We've all seen what religious zealots can do. There is no difference between a religious zealot and a political zealot other than their motivations.

I want to emphasize that these "true believers" are in the minority for the most part. There are plenty of conservatives with whom I can have a rational discussion on abortion and plenty of liberals with whom I can have a rational discussion on the Second Amendment. The problem is, it's not those people getting the sound bites and retweets.

Liberals: You need to realize the investigations into January 6th have been going on for two and a half YEARS, and they just now get around to serving a search warrant on Donald Trump, ten weeks before mid-term elections. Even if the circumstances surrounding the warrant are legitimate, they're playing political games with their timing to serve their own political agenda. And that's wrong.

Conservatives: You need to consider the possibility that Donald Trump has actually committed several federal felonies, and that he's not who he presents himself to be to the public. I'm not stating that this is actually the case - I'm saying you need to consider the possibility.

To everyone: Consider voting Libertarian this year and in 2024 so we can get ALL of the political crazies out of the White House and Congress and start over with a whole bunch of new political crazies. Do it for the sheer entertainment value if for no other reason.

That is all.
Well considering how much the democratic and republican establishment detest and sought to destroy Trump.
I always saw my 2016 and 2020 as a vote for a third party candidate anyway. Still do

Well considering how much the democratic and republican establishment detest and sought to destroy Trump.
I always saw my 2016 and 2020 as a vote for a third party candidate anyway. Still do
Back in 1776 there the Republicans and Democrats were one party going against the independent and federalist parties. Some years later they removed the federalist party and the democrat and republican parties split. Food for thought.

Back in 1776 there the Republicans and Democrats were one party going against the independent and federalist parties. Some years later they removed the federalist party and the democrat and republican parties split. Food for thought.
It’s a good point but there wasn’t really a “republican” party till 1854.

Formed from a coalition free state abolitionist and dissatisfied Whigs who brought much of their constitutional views with them.

Ironically the the man who gaveled in the first national Republican Meeting was the leader of a Michigan “abolitionist militia” The abolitionist were actively supporting and fighting slave state militia groups in the territories trying to influence the territories on if they were going to be free or slave states before they joined the Union.
It was a messy time in American politics, kind of like now but much more violent.
Blood Bill Anderson hated them and demonstrated that in in Lawrence Kansas.
I included the history blurb to remind everyone the political division and violence is not unknown in the US. Especially when it comes to divisive political issues. No one should be surprised by the level of political ranker right now.

So your point is well made. Maybe we are seeing the creation of a party of disaffected republicans and some democrats with tea party patriots.

All that remains to be seen is if they continue to grow in influence in the GOP or they separate off.
Let’s just hope there is compromise from all parties involved.
If we see news reports of Adam Schift smacking Jim Jordan with a cane on the floor of congress.
Well let’s just hope we don’t see it.

Ain’t it great living in interesting times
Gives me hope and glad to be alive.