• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Got the Covid shot. Here's what's happening

I was in bed sick for almost 2 weeks after 2nd moderna vaccine. But that”s better than dead. I will gladly get the booster
I had a pneumonia vaccine last year that put me out for a bit like that. But agree I still plan on getting it again and others. Better than risking being dead as you said, also have to protect my elderly mother I care for under same roof with me.

I've had the flu shot. Never got a side effect. This one is ripping me.

Based on this, they'll never get me to do a booster.
I am glad that you are feeling better. I can empathize with you. All of our systems react differently and it doesn't make it any easier. I had the Moderna shot (2) and did not have a reaction with either one. But a few weeks after the 2nd shot I started breaking out with psoriasis on one hand and one foot. (Had this 18 yrs. ago after chemotherapy.) My thoughts are that the vaccine is based on mRNA which affects the immune system, similar to what the chemo did to me. I can only hope this will go away in a year or so.

I, too, am hesitant when it comes to getting a booster shot. Wondering if I want to go through all this agony again.

I am not an expert by any means, just trying to make sense of what is happening.

Last edited: