• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

GQ: Man Rescuing Bunny From Wildfire Reveals Whites' Hatred for Blacks

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
On Wednesday, December 6th, during the raging Thomas Fire in California, Caleb Wadnan rescued a scared rabbit in an amazing viral video. The clip of Wadnan risking harm to save the frightened and screaming bunny moved the world. But to Damon Young, a columnist for GQ.com, Wadnan’s kind deed was a glaring symbol of white American racism.

Young’s article, written for the ironically-named digital magazine Very Smart Brothas, is titled “The Video of the Man Saving the Rabbit from the Fire Captures Everything Wrong with Whiteness in 30 Seconds.” In it, he contends that Wadnan’s act of bravery proves that whites care more for animals than for black people.

Yes — he really says this.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/gq-man-rescuing-bunny-wildfire-reveals-whites-hatred-blacks

DEFCONWarningSystem said:
On Wednesday, December 6th, during the raging Thomas Fire in California, Caleb Wadnan rescued a scared rabbit in an amazing viral video. The clip of Wadnan risking harm to save the frightened and screaming bunny moved the world. But to Damon Young, a columnist for GQ.com, Wadnan’s kind deed was a glaring symbol of white American racism.

Young’s article, written for the ironically-named digital magazine Very Smart Brothas, is titled “The Video of the Man Saving the Rabbit from the Fire Captures Everything Wrong with Whiteness in 30 Seconds.” In it, he contends that Wadnan’s act of bravery proves that whites care more for animals than for black people.

Yes — he really says this.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/gq-man-rescuing-bunny-wildfire-reveals-whites-hatred-blacks

He's half right. I care more for animals than people in general. :mrgreen:

The part about struggling to decide whether to rescue a toddler of color was pretty crass though and really does more to highlight the authors own prejudices.
To alienate an entire racial group as having iredeemable social qualities is the foundation of racist thought. Right on par with Richard Spencer.

This 'Caucasian doing anything is racism' has become a revoltingly common and repetitious whinge, of late.
I guess the 'brothers' were marxists of colour?(I hear the howls of Racist! and Cracker! already :roll: )
Not a problem for me. I'll go to the assistance of a Dog every single time, so fast I'll leave hoofprints over top of any hominid of any melanin percentage between me and the pooch. A bunny...we'll, I'd probably check it for tularemla, then eat it. :lol:
A human goes down, I'll leave hoofprints right across them as I walk away. Yer on your own, pal. It's called 'misanthropy', and you probably deserve it. :evil: