Halo the game

DirtyDevil69

Power Poster
So lately ive become interested in this game my kid brother has, called Halo, and from what i understand, the Human force is called the UNSC or United Nations Space Command.

In this game, does that mean that the United Nations finally United Earth under one banner and spread across the galaxy or what?

With that being said, i believe Halo is to be one of the most realistic games ive seen that could be possible, even if its in a thousand years. Its more likely than star wars and star trek and whatever else you have out their. Now i was wondering, do you guys ever think something like Halo would happen? Where earth could actually be United under the UNSC or something of the like. Where humanity is attacked and is forced to the edge?

I personally believe that the closest the earth has and will ever get was during WW2 with Nazi Germany. I mean that as united under the power of one country. Not something like the UNSC where its like 180 nations just meeting and talking and being useless and where majority has to agree to do something.

Im still pretty new to this game book and i think movie, but im learning, so if anything i said was incorrect, even though it was mostly questions, go ahead and correct me.

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
Never played it. I was a fan of the Call of Duty series when it was modern day WWIII, but when they went futuristic, I dropped them. No interest in playing the newest WWII version.

RiffRaff

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
DirtyDevil69 said:
Now i was wondering, do you guys ever think something like Halo would happen? Where earth could actually be United under the UNSC or something of the like. Where humanity is attacked and is forced to the edge?
I love Halo. It is currently my favorite first person shooter game. And, yes, I think the only thing that will ever unite humanity is an external threat such as depicted in Halo or Independence Day.

Wolfalisk

The interesting and ironic thing about Halo is that the SPARTAN supersoldiers that are largely credited with saving humanity from the alien Covenant (or at least delaying our extinction up to the point where there was a schism in the Covenant that lead to its downfall), were actually intended to put down insurrections in rebelious colonies around the galaxy. They were envisioned, trained, and I believe even deployed before first contact with the Covenant.

So our penchant for warfare and the neverending increases in our capacity to produce war with our own species led to the circumstances that allowed us to temporarily resist an alien menace - but sadly the silver lining ends there because humanity's survival in the Halo universe is ultimately due to extraneous events. But we did play a major role in preventing all sentient life from being extinguished.

LenJohnson

I love to play Halo with my Xbox, probably the best shooter game I have played ever. Moreover the military science fiction so so much exciting that I can not think of playing any shooting game other than Halo.

Drumboy44

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
LenJohnson said:
I love to play Halo with my Xbox, probably the best shooter game I have played ever. Moreover the military science fiction so so much exciting that I can not think of playing any shooting game other than Halo.
Same. Loved it on original Xbox still do. Loved how it also gives you the opposition to ride & use many different attack vehicles.

Ps22009

Drumboy44 said:
LenJohnson said:
Same. Loved it on original Xbox still do. Loved how it also gives you the opposition to ride & use many different attack vehicles.
Not that long ago, I've actually came across an unopened box that still had the original xbox in it. Still had the original seal. Too bad that we probably sent it to [REDACTED] so it could be sold online :/

I do have pictures of it, I'll probably have to join the discord server again

ThunderStealer

Power Poster
DEFCONWarningSystem said:
Never played it. I was a fan of the Call of Duty series when it was modern day WWIII, but when they went futuristic, I dropped them. No interest in playing the newest WWII version.
Me either. The future ones don't grab me. I don't play that often, but when I do it's the Modern Warfare series, and The Division.