• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Heading to the fall of the US? (Split from Ukraine May 2021)

Saguenay

Banned
Since the Biden administration took office, global tensions have become more acute.
The more this administration will try to destabilize these 4 countries:
Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, plus they'll do anything for
keep their regimes in place, even war. Then yes,
it is very possible that it degenerates.
Dear Americans, stop believing that you are invincible.

For the surprise attack on the United States, even this site won't see it coming, a surprise is a surprise.

Since the Biden administration took office, global tensions have become more acute.

For the surprise attack on the United States, even this site won't see it coming, a surprise is a surprise.
There will be a majority of Americans who see the United States as invincible until the day it isn't. That's just the way it is.
Does Russia and China decide to send a surprise attack on the US soil? Part of me thinks it's possible, but the other side of it is why would China bite the hand that feeds it? Take away US consumer's need of Chinese products and manufacturing and what happens? Nothing good for China.

There would have to be a lot of planning. Tons of planning between Russia, China and many other nations to have an agreement in place and a plan on the world economy the second the United States is rendered useless. The other side of this coin is nations across the world have watched the United States manipulate elections, instigate civil wars, and invade nation states to install puppet regimes favorable to the United States and the western world banking system. Why fire a single bullet or launch one missile when you can pay good money to have a country implode from within? I think that's the direction the United States is quickly heading towards. But that doesn't mean a measured military response to finish the job off isn't possible as well.

Global tensions have been on the rise since before Trump took office, let alone Biden. Your post is obviously politically biased.

Does Russia and China decide to send a surprise attack on the US soil? Part of me thinks it's possible, but the other side of it is why would China bite the hand that feeds it?
China knows it has no chance against the United States. That is why its mission is not to defeat the U.S. militarily, but to inflict "unacceptable casualties" so the U.S. backs down.

Global tensions have been on the rise since before Trump took office, let alone Biden. Your post is obviously politically biased.
And your dismissing his post out of hand might also be politically biased.

Placing climate change as a the most significant global threat has nothing to do with oceans rising and everything to do with restructuring the economies of the world and increasing international laws and controls.
Labeling White suprematism as the greatest terror threat to the US as the most significant threat to America is a joke.
Playing limp handed with Iran is a obvious losing hand as the recent Defcon update just noted.
Are international tensions increasing?
maybe in some areas.
Where the Biden admin is weaker in its posture and focus.
weakening constraints on Iran.
dropping pressure on Chinas trade practices
We gave Ukraine military aid where it was denied before and we had relatively quiet their for four years. Then within the first 100 days of Biden admin we have major tensions. Is that a coincidence or a result of a weak messaging from Biden.
wolves smell fear and weakness.
And yes the last sentence is political.

Take away US consumer's need of Chinese products and manufacturing and what happens? Nothing good for China.
This is one good point - if China (alone or together with Russia) wipe us out and move in, take over, whats next for them? Will it actually solve anything long term?

There would have to be a lot of planning. Tons of planning between Russia, China and many other nations to have an agreement in place and a plan on the world economy the second the United States is rendered useless
This is where I fall back on JR Nyquist. I really have no idea if he's legit or if he's a dooms-day'er who will preach this stuff until he's eventually right. The theory he prescribes to states that there has been a long term plan by the (former) Soviets to essentially fake the collapse of the Soviet Union, befriend the West and lull it into disarmament and sleep while beefing up their own military. Looking back, that is pretty much what's gone on, and it makes me wonder now if this is the endgame.

And your dismissing his post out of hand might also be politically biased.

Placing climate change as a the most significant global threat has nothing to do with oceans rising and everything to do with restructuring the economies of the world and increasing international laws and controls.
Labeling White suprematism as the greatest terror threat to the US as the most significant threat to America is a joke.
Playing limp handed with Iran is a obvious losing hand as the recent Defcon update just noted.
Are international tensions increasing?
maybe in some areas.
Where the Biden admin is weaker in its posture and focus.
weakening constraints on Iran.
dropping pressure on Chinas trade practices
We gave Ukraine military aid where it was denied before and we had relatively quiet their for four years. Then within the first 100 days of Biden admin we have major tensions. Is that a coincidence or a result of a weak messaging from Biden.
wolves smell fear and weakness.
And yes the last sentence is political.
I am not politically inclined (largely due to the fact picking a party seems akin to me of picking a sports team to cheer; arbitrary and largely meaningless) but I do have to agree Biden seems weak and getting weaker by the day. His weak responses are actually exacerbating the chances of war.

This is one good point - if China (alone or together with Russia) wipe us out and move in, take over, whats next for them? Will it actually solve anything long term?

This is where I fall back on JR Nyquist. I really have no idea if he's legit or if he's a dooms-day'er who will preach this stuff until he's eventually right. The theory he prescribes to states that there has been a long term plan by the (former) Soviets to essentially fake the collapse of the Soviet Union, befriend the West and lull it into disarmament and sleep while beefing up their own military. Looking back, that is pretty much what's gone on, and it makes me wonder now if this is the endgame.
Go back to pre WW2, who were major supporters of both Hitler and Stalin? The major supporters who encouraged and in Stalin’s case kept his head above water were monied interest and large newspapers in the west.
The idea of strong “forward” looking leaders working to “fundamentally change” their countries into efficient equitable societies is not new to the last 20 years in america.
There were 1%’s and academics defending hitler right to the beginning of the war.
communism didn’t originate in Russia it was installed in Russia by western ideologues working to create a new society.
So to say the fight continues is correct but the instigators of the fight are at home not in Russia.
just consider the fight to demonize those concerned about Russian spying in the US in the 50’s. It’s the same professions who facilitated and protected the same chines spying since the 90’s in this new round.
The fight he talks about is real and ongoing he’s just wrong about where it originates from and who’s the man behind the curtain.

...The fight he talks about is real and ongoing he’s just wrong about where it originates from and who’s the man behind the curtain.
I get what you're saying and it makes more sense to me. It seems though that the end-result for the average US citizen could potentially suck no matter who's behind the curtain, but here we are, so I suppose we just keep on living, try not to excessively worry (I am the most guilty person here of that) and when the time comes, do our best to protect our families and fight on. Hopefully we as a nation have years left rather than months.

I get what you're saying and it makes more sense to me. It seems though that the end-result for the average US citizen could potentially suck no matter who's behind the curtain, but here we are, so I suppose we just keep on living, try not to excessively worry (I am the most guilty person here of that) and when the time comes, do our best to protect our families and fight on. Hopefully we as a nation have years left rather than months.
The fall of Rome was a long drawn out process of public corruption, apathy, and eventually ineptitude.
Rome didn’t necessarily die in some glorious fight to the end.
It simply ceased to be a functioning society that dissolved into lesser parts and was no more.
America I believe won’t fall in some terrible inferno. The land and resources are too valuable in today’s crowded world.
We will simply stop being America. Parts of us will still call ourselves Americans but what was America will no longer exist as a republic.
Parts of us will be picked over by warlords others areas seized by China and maybe Mexico. Europeans will prop up parts of the country in name only as the surviving america, Russia might reclaim Alaska or will it be China.
Who know the players they can easily suffer demise as us.
It will however happen eventually maybe in the next decade but I doubt it.
To destroy or conquer an enemy you have to destroy their identity as a common people.
We’re well on our way of seeing our common heritage and system of government destroyed from within and without.

note; when I use the term common heritage it has absolutely nothing to do with ancestral origins or skin color, zero full stop.
By common heritage I’m mean the heritage of what America was supposed to be. That we often times failed at but never stopped fighting to encourage and ensure took root.
The one where people could come here from any culture, the one where people weren’t trapped by dictators or regional and tribal dictates and centuries old feuds.
The one where no matter your status ancestry or skin color you could come here and be part of something new .
Where character and effort raised your lot in life. Where the people determine the course of the nation region and local governance. Not the dictates of the current ruling junta.
some might laugh at that or point to its many failures.
But it was a dream worth striving and fighting for.

Another facet to all of this I find interesting is the possibility we're entering a Grand Solar Minimum. This has geopolitical implications depending on how real and/or pronounced the event is. It could end up being another Y2K, or there could be something to it. Past civilizations have certainly been affected by these periods of time where the sun was less active for decades, and scientists have the data to give us somewhat of an idea, but until it occurs, nobody knows for sure how it will affect important factors such as growing seasons and crop yields. Sure would be great if governments could actually work together on preparing for something like that, but I know I have a better chance of spotting a mermaid riding a unicorn.

Another facet to all of this I find interesting is the possibility we're entering a Grand Solar Minimum. This has geopolitical implications depending on how real and/or pronounced the event is. It could end up being another Y2K, or there could be something to it. Past civilizations have certainly been affected by these periods of time where the sun was less active for decades, and scientists have the data to give us somewhat of an idea, but until it occurs, nobody knows for sure how it will affect important factors such as growing seasons and crop yields. Sure would be great if governments could actually work together on preparing for something like that, but I know I have a better chance of spotting a mermaid riding a unicorn.
I’m aware of the grand solar minimum and know that it could have dramatic impact on climate.
Will it? Eventually yes a GSM will have a dramatic impact. Will this one, who knows.
it’s something to be aware of but the science of its upcoming impact is just as divisive as global warming.
The severity of both remain to be seen.

what people can do about it is only at the personal level.
governments are going to do what they do and it will probably be wrong.
if you believe in GSM move south if you believe in global warming move away from the coast. With both prepare that’s all any individual can do because your on your own either way.
actually I should have said also teach your children to prepare. Their who will deal with the brunt of it.

False. You are responding to me with an obviously politically biased message. I am not American, I have no right to vote, I am Canadian.

False. You are responding to me with an obviously politically biased message. I am not American, I have no right to vote, I am Canadian.
Political bias crosses international borders. Canada has Trump supporters even though they can't vote for him. Europe has Trump supporters even though they can't vote for him. Even if I am wrong about political bias that I thought I perceived in you, you cannot use "I'm not American" as evidence to support a lack of bias in American politics.

I suppose in a way Riff Raff is right.
many said the world was going to end when Trump took office. And there are about 50% of the American population who believe the same of Biden.
I’ve got two months to be proven wrong that he will have us intangled in another expeditionary war in the MidEast or somewhere.
I hope that I am wrong.
I just remember past sec of defense sec bob Gates comment about Biden.
“He’s been wrong on every foreign policy decision of the last 20 yrs.
that and he’s pretty obviously senile or suffering from some other age related ailment.
of course the same was said of trump.
so here we are full circle again.
“my dad will beat up your dad”
The never ending argument about what’s true and what isn’t.
so tiring.

The never ending argument about what’s true and what isn’t.
so tiring.
I'm calling this phenomenon "hyperpolitics." I am defining it as a political state where two or more opposing sides are so firmly entrenched in partisan philosophies that everything the other side does is wrong, no matter what it is. I mean, for fuck's sake, Biden can't even pick a dandelion from the White House lawn and give it to his wife without ultra-right-wing media losing its ever-loving mind about it. Trump couldn't wake up in the morning without ultra-left-wing media criticizing him for which side of the bed he got up on.

This is where we are in America. And you're right: It is so tiresome.

Hyperpolitics. Get comfortable, because it's not going away any time soon.

Consider this hyperbolic refusal to compromise today with the argument and issue surrounding the Missouri compromise in 1850.
the country then as now was fully polarized on a dividing.
their was no room left for compromise no side willing to give quarter to the other.
Their were raging newspaper editorial everyday. The news was reported solely from one side or the other.
Just as then today there is no compromise to be made because the two separate visions for the nation are incompatible in the long term.
For both differing visions of america One sides vision for the country must die for the others to survive. They are mutually exclusive.

And just like the good old days of the Missouri compromise of pre civil war america. The push resumes again to bring new states into the republic “on the right side”.
To sway the control of congress and ensure the progressive agenda.
That political divide worked well didn’t it.