• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

HF Digital operations

megalos

I know it's short notice... BUT.... Tomorrow (11/13/2021) I would like to try sending a brief DWS status report via HF radio... I plan to use RTTY 45 BPS, as well as PSK-31 and Morse Code..

DATE & TIME: 11/13/2021 @ 2000 EST / 11/14/2021 @ 0100 GMT (zulu)
FREQ: 7.060.000 mhz
(or as close to it as I can get.)

I will be using MultiPSK to send the traffic, i believe you can use it to decode easily.

thinking PSK will be the best mode as it has a REALLY nice robustness to it regarding high noise levels and still getting through.

Please reply back here after the test to see if you copied ANY of it..

below will be the text i will be sending:

THIS IS N2SRO WITH A TEST MESSAGE FOR THE DWS NETWORK.. THIS IS ONLY A TEST: THIS IS THE DEFCON WARNING SYSTEM. ALERT STATUS FOR 2 P.M., MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST, 2021. CONDITION CODE IS GREEN. DEFCON 5.

THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO IMMINENT NUCLEAR THREATS AT THIS TIME. HTTP://WWW.DEFCONWARNINGSYSTEM.COM DE: N2SRO

in about a half hour, I will be sending out the bulliten... 40M seems VERY active tonight with bot stations.. let's hope for the best... currently looking like 7.061.000 but we will see

10 mins until transmission...
Here's the mode listing:
RTTY 45 Baud, 170 hz spacing,
BPSK-31
Morse Code (CW)

Same message will be sent out in all three modes, please advise which mode(s) you were able to copy

OK, educate me guys. If this is shortwave, I thought that the frequencies were in KILO Htz (KHZ) versus Mega Htz (MHZ) as stated in the announcement. The only web sdr stations that I know of are in the KHZ range. I would like to hear the report. Thanks guys, TCharley 300

Mhz is what my radio reads out on... I guess it's like KHZ vs KC or MHZ vs Mc... in old days we used to use kilocycles or megacycles, but now are Khz and Mhz... just move the decimal over 3 spaces to get khz if your radio is still calibrated in KHZ. keeps things more uniform in my world, as 7 mhz vs 147 mhz, etc...