• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

How do you do this???

TCharley300

The question is mostly directed at the staff, rather than the forum. With the situation over there, I think it's about time for me to put your app on my phone. It's a Samsung Galaxey A12 android. Where and how to you load your app??? And, do you have a separate one for a tablet? I"m not a cell junkie so I"m ignorant in that respect. Any ideas or instructions would be appreciated.
@RiffRaff

The question is mostly directed at the staff, rather than the forum. With the situation over there, I think it's about time for me to put your app on my phone. It's a Samsung Galaxey A12 android. Where and how to you load your app??? And, do you have a separate one for a tablet? I"m not a cell junkie so I"m ignorant in that respect. Any ideas or instructions would be appreciated.
@RiffRaff
You can find the app in the Android shop I believe. Or download it from our site.

The app doesn't work on Samsung android with A -12 Didn't see any app anywhere else. What a shame.
I've had the app running on multiple versions of Android, including on Samsung. Do you get an error while installing it or while it runs in the background?

ok couple things. I also just installed this on Android 10. The app does not appear as an application icon in your app drawer--IT IS A WIDGET AND APPEARS IN THE WIDGETS GROUP! To find it make sure your homescreen is not locked under Settings/Homescreen & Lock Screen Magazine, then under that window, about the 4th item down is "Lock Home Screen Layout"..... make sure that is switched OFF. After that go back to the homescreen and press and hold any place on the homescreen wallpaper and you will go into edit mode where you will see a list on the bottom Widgets, Wallpapers, Effects and Settings. Press Widgets and scroll to the RIGHT until you find it- Then hold the defcon widget with a finger and drag it out of the horizontal list on the bottom of the screen up to a blank place on the home screen wallpaper. Then tap the wallpaper again to go out of edit mode. Then after that go back to Settings. go to Settings/App Management and on the App Management list is App Permissions,. Under that there are 2 things to select at the top of that page-- App Permissions and Apps. Select Apps(the column header on the right) Go down to Defcon Warning System and select it. Turn SMS on. Then select Subordinate Permissions and make sure the SMS/MMS is switched on. This should enable it. If you want to see the latest noticifations and updates touch the widget where ever you parked it on your desktop and it will pop open a window with updates. You should be set.
Hope this helps.

ok couple things. I also just installed this on Android 10. The app does not appear as an application icon in your app drawer--IT IS A WIDGET AND APPEARS IN THE WIDGETS GROUP! To find it make sure your homescreen is not locked under Settings/Homescreen & Lock Screen Magazine, then under that window, about the 4th item down is "Lock Home Screen Layout"..... make sure that is switched OFF. After that go back to the homescreen and press and hold any place on the homescreen wallpaper and you will go into edit mode where you will see a list on the bottom Widgets, Wallpapers, Effects and Settings. Press Widgets and scroll to the RIGHT until you find it- Then hold the defcon widget with a finger and drag it out of the horizontal list on the bottom of the screen up to a blank place on the home screen wallpaper. Then tap the wallpaper again to go out of edit mode. Then after that go back to Settings. go to Settings/App Management and on the App Management list is App Permissions,. Under that there are 2 things to select at the top of that page-- App Permissions and Apps. Select Apps(the column header on the right) Go down to Defcon Warning System and select it. Turn SMS on. Then select Subordinate Permissions and make sure the SMS/MMS is switched on. This should enable it. If you want to see the latest noticifations and updates touch the widget where ever you parked it on your desktop and it will pop open a window with updates. You should be set.
Hope this helps.
Thank-you so much. I'm fine with desktop stuff, but very weak with phone technologies. I think it's working now. It is showing 4, but I'll wait and see. You do give very good directions, clear and precise. There is a little difference between 10 and 12, but I got the gist of it. Are you a teacher?? It sure shows you are educated in this tech field.