• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

How long are you prepared to survive?

How long would your supplies last in a disaster?

• Zero days (Don't exaggerate. Unless your shelves are bare, you could survive at least some time.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 48 hours (Minimum government recommendation for small disasters.)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • One week

• Two weeks (Minimum recommendation by many disaster organizations)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • One month

• Three months

• Six months

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • One year

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Two years (Minimum recommendation by survivalists/preppers for major disasters)

• Five years

• Ten years (Minimum recommendation by DEFCON Warning System for full scale nuclear war. Very few peo

• Total voters
DEFCONWarningSystem said:
When everyone is thinking about supplies, are you thinking about drinkable water as well?

My bol has a natural all year spring water supply feeding into river with fish ,crustaceans, birds ,bugs,local wild life visiting for a drink . With fresh water ,animals ,seafood and fresh water aquatic life sustainabilty should be adequate aswell as natural plant edibles and a few seeds for a veg garden shelter will be the priority upon arrival.

Yingyang said:
When everyone is thinking about supplies, are you thinking about drinkable water as well?

My bol has a natural all year spring water supply feeding into river with fish ,crustaceans, birds ,bugs,local wild life visiting for a drink . With fresh water ,animals ,seafood and fresh water aquatic life sustainabilty should be adequate aswell as natural plant edibles and a few seeds for a veg garden shelter will be the priority upon arrival.

I can't describe my property in too much detail without people figuring out where I am. But I have access to plenty of water and game.

We can remain secluded in our shelter without ever having to leave for up to three months. We don't have as much toilet paper stocked up as I would like yet, but as far as water and food, we're good for 90 days.

What I'm gambling on is that whatever situation arises that causes us to hunker down resolves itself within a month or two, giving me time to establish a new source of food.

Yeah, I need way more bathroom tissue. And water. I've got a jacuzzi that I can use for non-potable water.

I've been slowly building up, but when Yellow hits, I'm going to start getting stuff in bulk. Orange is a final stock run. Put it all on credit cards. Let them try to collect after nuclear war. hahahaha

Who has ten years of supplies prepped?!

As big as our shelter is, I can't imagine stockpiling it with a decade's worth of supplies. The water alone would fill up the entire shelter just by itself.

RiffRaff said:

As big as our shelter is, I can't imagine stockpiling it with a decade's worth of supplies. The water alone would fill up the entire shelter just by itself.

I don't think anyone can store 10 years of water. I think you need a source of water that you can filter. You store water for a few months.

RiffRaff said:

I don't think anyone can store 10 years of water. I think you need a source of water that you can filter. You store water for a few months.

Ya, we have a well. I was being pseudo-snarky. Sorry. Been in a weird mood lately.

Depends on the situation. If I'm stuck in the city, but secure, I have enough supplies for a month. If I can get to my folks' farm, they have enough supplies on hand for nearly a year. Depending on the scale of the disaster, of course, and whether or not crops and livestock are in the picture, we might have longer. Possibly close to indefinite if we manage things correctly. I also have a bug out bag in my apartment and in the trunk of my car with enough supplies to get me through 72 hours in case I had to leave the city due to a major disaster. It's also a definite must when travelling during harsh Michigan winters!

Skills as d knowledge will Ten be more important than what’s on the shelf.

I have about 1/2 the knowledge base I should have.

Trapping and edible plants need improved on

For two years or more one thing will be an issue that is never brought up, clothing or repair of clothing.
We will rely on our cloths even more in a grid down.

All day in the outside with transport being two legged and even good boots will wear out in 2 years give or take.

Dri feet and three pairs of socks make a huge difference in moral almost as much as full stomach

There are many options available in clothing when you don't sew. A long blanket tied around the waist with a rope can keep the wind off your legs. Zip ties can hold pants together and I'm sure you could find a use for duct tape. Also, visit the fabric department. There are sticky velcro strips, fabric glue, iron on patches (if you have a heat source) and many other options.