• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

HURRICANE WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE TAMPA BAY AREA

I will be heading back to my Condo and Boat given the draw bridges are still down in areas. Got a call from my neighbor need to take care of something. I don't know if I will be able to keep updates in the coming few hours. I have converter in my truck to provide power and internet. Have a handy tool Satellite Communicator,... Two-Way Global SMS Text Messenger & Email, Emergency SOS Alerting, Check-in & GPS Location, and more galore, Apple Android iOS Smartphone Accessory. Pricy but even without a modem or cell tower, I still have internet access.

I am stuck. Not all but most draw bridges are up and closed. I should of left when I had the chance. I am not prepared and neither are none of my neighbors in my Condo Complex.

we were told that this wassnt anything to worry about. im not aloud to leave island!!!!! all bridges up won't let me leave. grrrr

I didn't think and I am sure others didn't think it was going to be this bad... My prayers are with you and everyone else there.

Last edited:
Good and bad news... Good news is central Florida is safe. Bad news is Tampa Bay Area is still in the direct path and heavy winds, surge, flooding, and tornados expected in Tampa Bay area until 10am. Flooding and surge is biggest problem for Tampa Bay Area.

Looks like we are camping overnight in my truck which I am well prepared for.

Encouraging news hurricane winds have been slowing. Terrible news is that this is going to have a lot more rain, storm surge, and tornados than predicted in coastal areas in Tampa Bay. Anyone in the Coastal Area of Tampa Bay needs to make a plan now immediately for major flood events and tornadic events.

Last edited:
Looks like we are camping overnight in my truck which I am well prepared for.

Encouraging news hurricane winds have been slowing. Terrible news is that this is going to have a lot more rain, storm surge, and tornados than predicted in coastal areas in Tampa Bay. Anyone in the Coastal Area of Tampa Bay needs to make a plan now immediately for major flood events and tornadic events.
Are you on high enough ground? Hope you have enough fuel and behind a decent wind shed

My neighbors whom are elderly and disabled have fallen asleep. We are at the highest point on the Island in Tampa Bay. Won't disclose exactly where and on what island for privacy concerns. Keeping a close eye but if everyone prepared or got out of the way this shouldn't be to bad. Expect for the tornados which god hoping don't come anywhere near us. Looks like I am pulling a 48 hour stretch of no sleep.... (spent all day and night yesterday getting ready, thank goodness I did..................)

STILL expect long term power outages and boil water orders issued for Tampa Bay.

Last edited:
High tide IS present during start of storm surge and as storm in Tampa Bay Area leaves by morning the second high tide which is more powerful will occur. So 8-12 inches of rain in some areas, big storm surge, and high tide(s) looks to be catastrophic. More than 4 million people are at risk of life threating flooding.

(I wouldn't say climate change is result of this but more so the storm rolling in and leaving both at high tide times making everything 2000% worse for flooding........)

Tons of people without powwr an flooding really bad here in Tampa bay. Luckily hurricane winds died quickly or would of been a lot worse. But we all got a lot of rain. There are fish in my road yes dead fish. Ocean came way up