• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

If Russia invades Ukraine, do you believe the conflict will go nuclear?

If Russia invades Ukraine, do you believe the conflict will go nuclear?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
No countries is foolish enough to use nuclear weapons unless they are completely sure of losing the conflict or their sovereignty is completely threatened. I think the war will only worsen and stay for long with active nato equipments and logistics support to Ukraine but never go nuclear.

Depends solely on the response from NATO.

From what little I've observed, I've come to several conclusions. If Russia does invade Ukraine, it won't be for occupying greater Ukraine. Therefore the conflict will be localized, away from Kiev (excluding severing communications), and not a matter of a total invasion of Ukraine--something which would more strenuously pressure NATO. Thus far, the US hasn't declared support for Ukraine in the event of invasion, leading me to believe the likely response to come from the US is strained diplomacy and further sanctions (with the possibility of arms shipments and sharing logistics). As of now, the US and EU are only focused on intimidation--a show of force--the usual.

Of course, with an invasion of this magnitude, there always comes the amplified risk of miscalculation, which could lead to a NATO intervention in some capacity. There will still be a potential scenario where nuclear war can become a reality. Although, I still find that likelihood negligible.

I don't presently believe the Russia-Ukraine conflict will go nuclear.

I don’t believe we are looking at a nuclear conflict from this incident alone.. I do however see other incidents potentially occurring if Russia makes a moderate to heavy invasion with little to no resistance (China invades Taiwan, NK invades South). If either of these were to occur then it increases likelihood of a possible nuclear exchange somewhere. Either way this is a potentially flashpoint that can lead to other flash points and should be watched carefully.

A lot of people on edge, rightly so.

I still think no, however, if thinks stay how they are, i.e., NATO out of this and Russian leaving Greater Ukraine alone. Of course, there's always the chance of a one in a million development that cause things to go nuclear, but so far, negligible.

With the world economy bleeding and on the verge of collapse because of Covid-19, I think it's a matter of time before WW3 starts. Money is THE source of major conflict in the world. Every fiber of my body have been warning me for the last couple of years that something is about to happen. Let's hope im wrong.

I believe this will go Nuclear because I have seen the nukes in Crimea they are big and ready to go. I have a buddy in the Crimean national army and hes telling me they will fire on command. Putin is going to give the order on April 21th at 12:00pm Zulu time. I am taking my entire family to our nuclear bunker. Wish me luck. Someone else think this?
It is well past marching orders. Hearing anything else?

Russia has always been very nuke happy. Seeing it as a natural escalation rather than a last resort. If any conflict involving Russia escalates far enough, they will use nuclear weapons. Most likely a limited strike with low yield tactical weapons rather than an all or nothing Doomsday barrage.

Their are those in recent US admins who have proposed use of tactical nukes as not out of the question either. Not in a specific incident but as a matter of policy.
I’m not saying this to raise the specter it’s serious possibility only to point out it’s not just a Russian concern.
It just as much a consideration for them if we have someone with a happy trigger finger.

I believe this will go Nuclear because I have seen the nukes in Crimea they are big and ready to go. I have a buddy in the Crimean national army and hes telling me they will fire on command. Putin is going to give the order on April 21th at 12:00pm Zulu time. I am taking my entire family to our nuclear bunker. Wish me luck. Someone else think this?
What order is Putin going to give? And hasn't that time come and gone already?

Russia hasn't used them in past wars & skirmishes and I don't see them using them just willy-nilly. Russians aren't stupid, just full of Vodka ;)

The only legitimate reason that the invasion would go nuclear is if Ukraine were to be fully overrun by Russian Forces and they would also start pushing into other countries in a full out onslaught such as Finland, Norway, Estonia, Latvia, ,Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan , and/or Mongolia. Knowing Belarus, they would let the Russian Forces take over their country with no hesitation.

I believe there will be an immediate threat of nuclear war, resulting in DEFCON 1, but it will not occur.

It is highly likely in any major conflict that tactical nukes will be used. Things would have to escalate greatly for ICBM's to be used.