• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Increasing China hostility agains the US

Unless something of significance happens in Taiwan, I think China is going to sit and wait to see what happens with the US presidential elections. Pretty much everyone is waiting for that.

After that........

Unless something of significance happens in Taiwan, I think China is going to sit and wait to see what happens with the US presidential elections. Pretty much everyone is waiting for that.

After that........

It's hard to say what may happen after the US elections. Some people even think that a second US civil war is inevitable, regardless of whether Trump or Biden wins. And if such does indeed happen, then China will likely see it as an opportunity to flex their military strength and expand, or to start covertly supporting one side or the other to weaken the US further.

Do not dismiss that India was part of the British Empire, and now is growing as a rival to China. I say that so that people do not think in terms of the US Vs China, but US, UK, India Vs China. That takes on a different meaning. You can add Australia into the mix. In reality China has no hope in an open conflict...they are surrounded.

https://news.yahoo.com/india-uses-arrival-fighter-jets-warn-china-000018890.html

Last edited:
As I mentioned before, China has no friends. But if China goes after Taiwan, who will fight tbem?

China may not have any true friends, but they have some fairweather allies that they could rope into fighting on their side if they play their political cards right.

If China and India get into a shooting war for instance, they could probably get Pakistan to take a crack at India at the same time.

If China and South Korea get into a conflict, they could pressure North Korea to get involved with promises of letting them unify when the shooting is done.

Then of course there is their biggest potential ally, Russia, at least if war comes between China and the US.

I'm not implying that China is on friendly terms with any of these, just that they could play other nations against their enemies if they are politically shrewd enough. Though that isn't a certainty, and Chinese seems to be stepping on a lot of toes these days.

There is no true China threat regardless of the media. The Chinese military is decades behind the US, they cannot build aircraft engines that are not faulty. Even with Russia's help, their only hope for any victory is all out nuclear war. The US fields over 500 stealth aircraft in comparison to China's 20? The US is creating 6th generation aircraft at the moment! Why does anyone buy into the scam that China or Russia has advantage over the US besides a nuclear war?

There is no true China threat regardless of the media. The Chinese military is decades behind the US, they cannot build aircraft engines that are not faulty. Even with Russia's help, their only hope for any victory is all out nuclear war. The US fields over 500 stealth aircraft in comparison to China's 20? The US is creating 6th generation aircraft at the moment! Why does anyone buy into the scam that China or Russia has advantage over the US besides a nuclear war?
While true China does not pose a threat with conventional military to the US, they are a very large, intimidating threat to many of their neighbors. Not to mention that this isn't just about the CCP's aggression; this is also about their blatant lies, torture, kidnapping, genocide etc. etc. ad nauseam.

It took quite a while for the world to stand up to the Nazi party and Hitler, but they finally did. I think this is just the world finally realizing the CCP isn't going to go away and the people of China are not throwing any revolutions to overthrow them, therefore something must be done.

What is going to be done? I don't think anyone has a clear picture of that yet.

I hope everyone here is aware that nuclear war isn't at all winnable, but looking at it china doesn't even have an advantage in that aspect. a stockpile of 300 compared to the US's 3,800.

I hope everyone here is aware that nuclear war isn't at all winnable, but looking at it china doesn't even have an advantage in that aspect. a stockpile of 300 compared to the US's 3,800.

It only take one, well placed, to cause a ripple effect across the world.

China isn't looking to "win" a nuclear war. They are hoping to prevent another country from attacking it with the threat of retaliation.

So China has 300 warheads. (Assuming that number isn't underreported.) Which 300 cities would you like to lose in a conflict with China?

See? That is their thinking.

While true China does not pose a threat with conventional military to the US, they are a very large, intimidating threat to many of their neighbors. Not to mention that this isn't just about the CCP's aggression; this is also about their blatant lies, torture, kidnapping, genocide etc. etc. ad nauseam.

It took quite a while for the world to stand up to the Nazi party and Hitler, but they finally did. I think this is just the world finally realizing the CCP isn't going to go away and the people of China are not throwing any revolutions to overthrow them, therefore something must be done.

What is going to be done? I don't think anyone has a clear picture of that yet.
Honestly, exactly what happened during the Cold War. We have two diametrically opposed governments with different world views. The United States wants to remain the world's sole superpower, while (supposedly) championing values such as freedom, democracy, etc. China, on the other hand, wants a multipolar world, where each regional power controls its own sphere of influence, and the world coexists with different models of government- democracy, authoritarianism, etc.

Basically, thanks to the threat of nuclear annihilation, we're playing a very long game of chicken, and seeing who gets tired first. I think, in the end, China probably won't win, but neither will the United States. We'll probably revert back to having several great powers, but the idea of the Chinese Communist Party having total hegemony over the Western Pacific region- no way.

People just don't really comprehend what's going on. When I always hear talk of "World War III is coming", I actually remind people that the Cold War was honestly World War III- it was a global conflict that was fought in different theatres, but which didn't see actual invasion of the homeland of the competing parties. Following the brief detente between the United States, China, and Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union, events have been underway which led to the beginning of World War IV.

Honestly, exactly what happened during the Cold War. We have two diametrically opposed governments with different world views. The United States wants to remain the world's sole superpower, while (supposedly) championing values such as freedom, democracy, etc. China, on the other hand, wants a multipolar world, where each regional power controls its own sphere of influence, and the world coexists with different models of government- democracy, authoritarianism, etc.

Basically, thanks to the threat of nuclear annihilation, we're playing a very long game of chicken, and seeing who gets tired first. I think, in the end, China probably won't win, but neither will the United States. We'll probably revert back to having several great powers, but the idea of the Chinese Communist Party having total hegemony over the Western Pacific region- no way.

People just don't really comprehend what's going on. When I always hear talk of "World War III is coming", I actually remind people that the Cold War was honestly World War III- it was a global conflict that was fought in different theatres, but which didn't see actual invasion of the homeland of the competing parties. Following the brief detente between the United States, China, and Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union, events have been underway which led to the beginning of World War IV.
I guess that depends on how you define a war. To me, WW3 would have to involve the US actually being invaded with actual weapons by 1 of the 2 super powers as well as the US firing back and then most likely the rest of the world would get involved.

I guess that depends on how you define a war. To me, WW3 would have to involve the US actually being invaded with actual weapons by 1 of the 2 super powers as well as the US firing back and then most likely the rest of the world would get involved.
I can't envision any future where that realistically happens. Abraham Lincoln said it best;

"Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest, with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force take a drink from the Ohio or make a track on the Blue Ridge in a trial of a thousand years. At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer. If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." - Abraham Lincoln

Is a lot of that hyperbole? Of course. But the point being made; in a nation where there is a hostile gun behind every rock and tree, invasion becomes impractical and occupation a nightmare.

I can't envision any future where that realistically happens. Abraham Lincoln said it best;

Is a lot of that hyperbole? Of course. But the point being made; in a nation where there is a hostile gun behind every rock and tree, invasion becomes impractical and occupation a nightmare.

Which would be why the opening move of a hypothetical WWIII scenario would be a second US Civil War.