• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Iraq #November

↕️⚠️[ALERT]⚠️↕️

IRAQ PRIME MINISTER URGING CALM & NOT TO ENGAGE IN REVENGE AGAINST IRANIAN MILITIAS AFTER FAILED ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT ON HIS LIFE.

US IS ALREADY COMMENTING AND PROMISING SUPPORT IF IRAQ REQUESTS IT.

Last edited:
↕️⚠️[ALERT]⚠️↕️

IRAQ PRIME MINISTER URGING CALM & NOT TO ENGAGE IN REVENGE AGAINST IRANIAN MILITIAS AFTER FAILED ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT ON HIS LIFE.

US IS ALREADY COMMENTING AND PROMISING SUPPORT IF IRAQ REQUESTS IT.
So we're back to supporting Iraq against Iran if they go to war.

I'm sorry, what did our invasion and occupation of Iraq and the killing of Saddam Hussein accomplish for American taxpayers, exactly? Somebody smarter than I am needs to explain how we are strategically better off now than we were in 2003, because I'm not seeing it.

So we're back to supporting Iraq against Iran if they go to war.

I'm sorry, what did our invasion and occupation of Iraq and the killing of Saddam Hussein accomplish for American taxpayers, exactly? Somebody smarter than I am needs to explain how we are strategically better off now than we were in 2003, because I'm not seeing it.
Well I can’t say for sure how smart you are exactly, but your smart enough to be right about this coinkidink
There is a whole bunch of stuff
Happening across the globe right now.
It is a little concerning. It seems like all the players are trying to settle old scores and advance themselves.

↕️⚠️[BREAKING]⚠️↕️

Drone attack by militants on Iraqi PM ‘marks escalation’ in power struggle:

Senior figures in Iraq believe a brazen drone attack on the home of Iraq’s prime minister, Mustafa al-Kadhimi, marks an unprecedented escalation between the country’s leaders and Iran-backed militant groups attempting to overturn last month’s election.
Screenshot_20211107-171402_Twitter.jpg

Where looking at a civil war or a war between Iraq & Iran.
Well, civil war isn't the right term since it is two different countries, unless you're talking about an actual Civil War with Iran backing one side in Iraq.

You're not thinking of a formal war between Iran and Iraq like there was last time, are you?

unless you're talking about an actual Civil War with Iran backing one side in Iraq
Yes. One real possibility is a civil war where Iran backs the Shias in iraq-(aka Iranaian Militaia) and the Iraqi forces-(aka Sunni) fight each other to oblivion. The US will likly stay out of a civil war except send weapons and aid to Iraq.

You're not thinking of a formal war between Iran and Iraq like there was last time, are you?
Yes I am. Iraq is different than Afganistan, plus we have bases and troops in Iraq still. The Iraq army is quite more stable and formidable than Afghanistan & has a chance of keeping up a real war with Iran. In this scenario the US gets dragged in as we have already swore our support to Iraq after the assassination attempt by Iran.

I only think this because the new Iraqi government is majority Sunni now and after Irans direct attack against PM is a declaration of war and plausible deniability isn't going to work this time for Iran. The new Iraqi government may lash out or start a war with Iran.

Edit:
This only has two roads to go down. Neither of them are good for anyone. This may be the trigger where Iran is taken out by a number of nations collaborating.

Last edited:
Yes. One real possibility is a civil war where Iran backs the Shias in iraq-(aka Iranaian Militaia) and the Iraqi forces-(aka Sunni) fight each other to oblivion. The US will likly stay out of a civil war except send weapons and aid to Iraq.

Yes I am. Iraq is different than Afganistan, plus we have bases and troops in Iraq still. The Iraq army is quite more stable and formidable than Afghanistan & has a chance of keeping up a real war with Iran. In this scenario the US gets dragged in as we have already swore our support to Iraq after the assassination attempt by Iran.

I only think this because the new Iraqi government is majority Sunni now and after Irans direct attack against PM is a declaration of war and plausible deniability isn't going to work this time for Iran. The new Iraqi government may lash out or start a war with Iran.

Edit:
This only has two roads to go down. Neither of them are good for anyone. This may be the trigger where Iran is taken out by a number of nations collaborating.
Your right here on this the Shia Sunni conflict has a much clearer defined history. They’ve fought over this in a major sectarian and national conflict before.
Any conflict has a more likely chance of being much more nationalistically defined rather than solely religious or tribal.

There is a third the violence plays out and tensions subside and continues to smolder under the surface to wait for another day.

There is a third the violence plays out and tensions subside and continues to smolder under the surface to wait for another day.
I don't see Iran backing down since they lost tremendously in Iraq. It's like taking crack from a fiend. Iran is use to the control it has over Iraq and they have show to be dammed if they don't get it back the past few weeks.

Trying to kill the PM is a good indication this fire is to big to cool off & smolder. In a sense the cat is out of the box now with Iran completely removed from Iraqi influence & the loss is not acceptable to them in anyway or be dammed.

Actions speak louder than words and the action is screaming war or civil war. Iran isn't going to accept the loss & these Iranian militias have said just this. Irans words are matching their actions for once.

Last edited: