• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Israeli government has decided not to launch any major military actions against Iran or its proxies.

Yes but they never once had a whistleblower or officials outright admit it retired or severing civil or not.

Which every country has a hard time keeping anything under wraps mostly in part by leaks, whistleblowers, and defectors....

Israel has a good handle on all three issues weather leaks, whistleblower, and defectors.

So my statement that Israel can keep a secret better than any other country stands strong.
To further your comment earlier about Israel trying to mislead Iran. One can never tell. They are very good at such things.

Was only furthering your point @RiffRaff

Last edited:
They are "nuclear capable." Not quite the same thing as "nuclear fitted."
All of their offensive medium and long range missiles are nuclear. Many of their Popeyes are as well. Israel has every sub of theirs loaded with nuclear Popeyes as their guarantee that other nations can't risk trying to take out their land based systems without the risk of getting hit back.

Syria shot down 22 Israeli missiles, Russian military says (yahoo.com)
Rear Adm. Vadim Kulit, head of the Russian military’s Reconciliation Center in Syria, said six Israeli fighter jets targeted facilities in the provinces of Damascus and Homs from Lebanon's airspace late Thursday.

Kulit said Syrian air defense units downed 22 of the 24 missiles launched by the Israeli warplanes with Russia-supplied air defense systems Pantsyr-S and Buk-M2.

IDF is bombing targets in Gaza again, this is DEFCON 2 for the people living there.
Please refrain from assigning DEFCON levels to events. Beyond being a complete overreaction and lack of understanding of what the DEFCON levels actually mean, we don't want any confusion or misunderstanding by people who come here to get information on the crises we are monitoring.

To be clear, we remain at DEFCON 5 for all current global geopolitical events. We are nowhere near DEFCON 2, or even 3 for that matter, anywhere on the planet.

To be clear, we remain at DEFCON 5 for all current global geopolitical events. We are nowhere near DEFCON 2, or even 3 for that matter, anywhere on the planet.
Beyond being a complete overreaction and lack of understanding of what the DEFCON levels actually mean
Well my understanding was:

DEFCON 5 to 4 is peace time.
DEFCON 3 to 2 is conventional war.
DEFCON 1 is nuclear war.

So if you remain on DEFCON 5 for this country /city (Gaza) I think you are wrong, but on a global scale, I don't know how you calculate that.
Like you calculate an average of how many countries are at war or you only count the nuclear armed countries being at war with each other.
And ignore the non nuclear countries. Or you just say: I don't care about them and or I don't care about this region or what ever your rules are and you stay at DEFCON 5 no matter what.

DEFCON 1 is nuclear war.
That is not what the DEFCON levels mean as far as our System is concerned.

We only monitor the threat of nuclear war.

And ignore the non nuclear countries. Or you just say: I don't care about them and or I don't care about this region or what ever your rules are and you stay at DEFCON 5 no matter what.
It's not that we don't care. It's just not our focus. We specialize in nuclear war, a very specific segment of conflict. There are other sites who spread themselves out and touch upon wars and rumours of wars.

Our focus is exclusively nuclear war. This way, when we raise an alert, the public knows we are talking about a specific event.

That doesn't mean we don't talk about various conflicts on the Community Forum. But as a System and our official alert levels, they are exclusively tied to the threat of nuclear war.

DEFCON 1 is nuclear war.

So if you remain on DEFCON 5 for this country /city (Gaza) I think you are wrong, but on a global scale, I don't know how you calculate that.
Like you calculate an average of how many countries are at war or you only count the nuclear armed countries being at war with each other.
Every DEFCON level is applicable only to nuclear war. Conventional war does not enter into the equation unless it is a direct conventional war between two nuclear-armed powers which has the potential to escalate. This why most of the wars of the past 70 years have been proxy wars fought in less-developed countries: Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan (Soviets), and Syria, to name a few.

DEFCON 5 is peace time, with no imminent nuclear threats.
DEFCON 4 is the same as DEFCON 5, except something of interest is happening that requires more detailed intelligence gathering.
DEFCON 3 is where it starts to get interesting, because the possibility of an actual nuclear exchange is now on the table and strategic forces are preparing for that possibility, following pre-arranged and well-reheasred protocols.
DEFCON 2 means that a nuclear exchange has moved from "possible" to "likely," and strategic forces are now on high alert ready to deploy nuclear weapons at a moment's notice. However, note that according to US Command & Control protocols, nuclear weapons still cannot be released at this stage even with a valid, authenticated launch order.
DEFCON 1 means that nuclear war is either imminent or already under way. Strategic forces will receive authorization codes to release nuclear weapons with pre-determined target packages based on who the enemy is. Nuclear weapons can be released upon receipt of a valid launch order from the National Command Authority.

Since Gaza possesses no nuclear weapons whatsoever, there is zero chance of a nuclear exchange occurring no matter what Israel does to them conventionally. Hence, the reason we are still at DEFCON 5. If Iran were to get militarily involved, that might change the situation since there is legitimate suspicion of Iran already possessing nuclear weapons. But if it remains localized between Israel and Palestinians, there is zero chance for it to escalate to a nuclear scenario.

I suggest you read our FAQ page on the exact definition of each DEFCON level and the steps you should be taking to prepare and protect yourself at each level.

By the way, I am aware of one event which occurred during the Cuban Missile crisis when the US military reached DEFCON 2 (the only time in history, to my knowledge), and a strategic missile facility received valid, authenticated orders to launch their missiles. However, the commanding officer refused to launch because DEFCON 1 had not been declared, which is one of the prerequisites for a valid launch order. There was a very heated exchange between the launch crew and the CO over whether to launch or not until new orders arrived to stand down the previous order.

As much as I despise the existence of nuclear weapons, the United States does have the best C&C safeguards in place to make sure those weapons are never launched unless very specific conditions are met at various levels through the chain of command.

Since Gaza possesses no nuclear weapons whatsoever, there is zero chance of a nuclear exchange occurring no matter what Israel does to them conventionally.
But if it remains localized between Israel and Palestinians, there is zero chance for it to escalate to a nuclear scenario.
I don't see Iran and Turkey allow that to happen, when Israel steps over the line again they will see the consequences for their war crimes.
But Israel is probably the state that uses the nukes first.☢️

I don't see Iran and Turkey allow that to happen, when Israel steps over the line again they will see the consequences for their war crimes.
But Israel is probably the state that uses the nukes first.☢️
Doubtful. Pakistan/India are much more likely to use their nukes before Israel is.

Doubtful. Pakistan/India are much more likely to use their nukes before Israel is.
They both detere each other with their nukes.
But Israel is most likely not about to wait before Iran can do the same.:devilish:

https://english.aawsat.com/home/article/3145736/israel’s-submarines-step-their-role-‘shadow-war’-iran
The details of what the Israeli submarines are up to remains classified, of course.
What is known is that they are operating far from Israel’s shores,
and earlier this month Iran charged that at least 14 of its ships in the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea had been attacked by Israeli forces.

But Israel is probably the state that uses the nukes first.
Given how they are vastly outnumbered, I can see that happening.

when Israel steps over the line again they will see the consequences for their war crimes.
You mean like shooting up buses of civilians? Starting forest fires? Launching missiles into civilian areas? Those kind of war crimes? Oh wait, those were all Israel enemies who did that.

You mean like shooting up buses of civilians? Starting forest fires? Launching missiles into civilian areas? Those kind of war crimes? Oh wait, those were all Israel enemies who did that.
I didn't say that anyone of them is good. But I can tell that both of them think they are. :devilish:

I didn't say that anyone of them is good. But I can tell that both of them think they are. :devilish:
I don’t care if groups who target and shoot up busses of civilians think they are good or not. There terrorist or enemy combatant or shit on the sidewalk and they need hunted down and killed because they are the enemy and a blight on the earth.

GAZA CITY:
Israeli warplanes bombed Gaza after clashes between its troops and Palestinian protesters left dozens injured,
including an Israeli border policeman and a 13-year-old Palestinian boy who were critically wounded( being hit in the head.)

The Israeli military said it carried out airstrikes against four weapons sites and that it had reinforced its Gaza division with additional troops.