• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Major heat advisories across the US. Might be unlike anything I've seen before.

The forecast says the heat could last at least for the entire next week, starting at Friday this week.
It will be hot, between 100°F and 113°F in the Central and Southeast. 🥵

The temperatures being reported are sounding like a typical summer that I have to experience. Have had days over 113F with humidity for weeks on end and it is so draining. Makes wildlife and cattle wilt and just look for shade

The temperatures being reported are sounding like a typical summer that I have to experience. Have had days over 113F with humidity for weeks on end and it is so draining. Makes wildlife and cattle wilt and just look for shade
Its about the large scale events and the length of them.
A lot more of these events have happened and lasted for a lot longer and covered more area.
Extreme heat events always occur in Summer. Not to this degree.

All you really need to understand to see whats going on is the large scale drought and heat caused significant crop failure in nearly all top producers of food in the world. That isn't normal summer heat and drought

All you really need to understand to see whats going on is the large scale drought and heat caused significant crop failure in nearly all top producers of food in the world. That isn't normal summer heat and drought
In Australia we are now having the opposite. 1 in 1000 year flood events being reported over the main Australian food bowl areas with even more rain forecast. Extending up to where I live and dark rain clouds building. Can expect downpours to start here soon. BOM has forecast up to triple figures of rainfall in mm, remember 25mm=1inch of rain. This is forecast to be over 4 inched on already wet and saturated soils. Starting to pull some carrots before they start to rot. Corn however has been loving the rain with multiple cobs on each stalk. Flooding is a concern for some but I live on a mountain range so will not be an issue, just have to deal with the initial downpours.