• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Minneapolis Teachers Union Agreement Stipulates WhiteTeachers be Laid Off First, Regardless of Seniority

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
The agreement, which was reached to end a two-week teacher strike last spring, says that starting this school year, "if excessing a teacher who is a member of a population underrepresented among licensed teachers in the site, the district shall excess the next least senior teacher, who is not a member of an underrepresented population."

Not to be this guy but can we get another source that's not Fox News who's extremely biased on situations of race...

I mean if this is true this is pretty f***** up and I'm also pretty angry about it. But before I jump the gun I'd like a another source that's not from the right wing media. Whith that said I wouldn't want something from the left wing media either as they will also be extremely biased on the situation.

I just watched an episode of star trek (the original series) I think is relevant to this.
Two men chased each other across the galaxy for 50,000 years because of their racial hatred of each other, when they eventually returned to their planet their species had wiped themselves out.
The point being unless the citizens of a nation can cooperate it cannot function. The whole basis of nations, states and governance in general is the agreement of people to work together. Professions and people must exchange knowledge and supplies to be effective: An example, a farmer requires equipment to farm, made in a factory. However the factory workers need food, so a trade is made (but with extra steps involving currency I know, but I'm simplifying here).

My point is unless Americans, unless any country's populace can see beyond their internal rivalries, disagreements and reach compromise you don't have a country, you have a collection of people who hate each other.

I just watched an episode of star trek (the original series) I think is relevant to this.
Two men chased each other across the galaxy for 50,000 years because of their racial hatred of each other, when they eventually returned to their planet their species had wiped themselves out.
The point being unless the citizens of a nation can cooperate it cannot function. The whole basis of nations, states and governance in general is the agreement of people to work together. Professions and people must exchange knowledge and supplies to be effective: An example, a farmer requires equipment to farm, made in a factory. However the factory workers need food, so a trade is made (but with extra steps involving currency I know, but I'm simplifying here).

My point is unless Americans, unless any country's populace can see beyond their internal rivalries, disagreements and reach compromise you don't have a country, you have a collection of people who hate each other.
"Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"

One of my favorites, and VERY progressive for its time.

It's proving difficult to find coverage of this outside of right-wing sources.

Am I now in the most despised racial group? White older male? Fortunately I am a local indigenous person, I just look white.
No, you're not, and this is a provable fact. Find a black friend who is willing to run this experiment with you, assuming you live in a state where open carry of a rifle is legal:

Pick a "white" section of town. You walk down the street with a rifle slung over your shoulder. Have your black friend do the same thing a few blocks away. Compare and contrast police response to the both of you.

Hint: This experiment has already been conducted with predictable results, and was recorded.

Pick a "white" section of town. You walk down the street with a rifle slung over your shoulder. Have your black friend do the same thing a few blocks away. Compare and contrast police response to the both of you.
Ah………what! Bring the kids!
Yep just dang Good Times!

It would be interesting to juxtapose the mirror of experiments results.

Well at least it got a response. The reality is I look white but I get hassled in indigenous communities. In white communities I have enough features to be suspected so I also get hassled, as I said most despised. Cannot be in either community so I choose to live by myself. The only issue is that when they want something they all come to be because of may special skills. Difficult to ride the fence,

If history’s taught us anything it’s that humans aren’t great at coexisting with people that aren’t like them