• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

More subsections?

I think it'd be great to have a "Rumors" subsection of Anything Goes.

1) It's hidden from guests, and non-invasive for members.
2) Threads are deleted after an expiry, to limit the amount of c__p.
3) Members with time on their hands can investigate posts and report back from credible sources. If a rumor is confirmed, someone flags it for moving to the main forum; otherwise it gets auto-deleted.
4) No paranormal; no spamming.

Apparently thread expiration is a feature in phpBB
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176215

This would provide a way for people to share potentially-valuable info without fear of ridicule and locking,
and at little-to-no additional stress for mods. Just a suggestion.

DEFCONWarningSystem said:
Worldwatcher said:
If there is a politics section, then I think there should be an economics section, as both are as equally unrelated to nuclear warfare, yet play an important role in the future of the world.

Well, no. Polititions are the ones who decide on war or not.

Still, it's a fair point that you bring up. I don't want to open up so many topics that weblose our focus, but economics can certainly drive policy.

Let's see what the staff thinks, and others can chime in as well. Maybe start a new thread so the subject is more easily sen?

Perhaps a poll to the site's members to see how they feel would be a good idea?

dfreeze said:
I think it'd be great to have a "Rumors" subsection of Anything Goes.

1) It's hidden from guests, and non-invasive for members.
2) Threads are deleted after an expiry, to limit the amount of c__p.
3) Members with time on their hands can investigate posts and report back from credible sources. If a rumor is confirmed, someone flags it for moving to the main forum; otherwise it gets auto-deleted.
4) No paranormal; no spamming.

Apparently thread expiration is a feature in phpBB
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176215

This would provide a way for people to share potentially-valuable info without fear of ridicule and locking,
and at little-to-no additional stress for mods. Just a suggestion.

That feels like an invitation to tinfoils to me.

Besides, people post rumors already in relevant sections. And what is the dividing line between "rumor" and "fact" when we're not sitting in the Situation Room?

That feels like an invitation to tinfoils to me.
Yeah, I realize that. :| See 1) and 2).
Besides, people post rumors already in relevant sections. And what is the dividing line between "rumor" and "fact" when we're not sitting in the Situation Room?
It is definitely a continuum. I can understand wanting to keep rumors in the main forum, to keep standards up. That makes some sense.