• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Multiple US CVNs Out of Position?

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
Donator
Or am I just imagining things?

Nimitz - Docked, Washington State
Eisenhower - Docked, Norfolk
Vinson - Off the coast of Southern California
Roosevelt - Docked, Washington State
Lincoln - Off the coast of Southern California
Washington - Dry-docked at Norfolk
Stennis - Docked, Newport News
Truman - Off the coast of Virginia
Reagan CSG - Operating in Arabian Sea with Iwo Jima ARG (not her assigned AO)
Bush - Dry-docked at Norfolk
Ford - Ship trials off coast of Florida

Why are all of our supercarriers located near the US except for Reagan, which should be in the western Pacific?

What am I missing?

Or am I just imagining things?

Nimitz - Docked, Washington State
Eisenhower - Docked, Norfolk
Vinson - Off the coast of Southern California
Roosevelt - Docked, Washington State
Lincoln - Off the coast of Southern California
Washington - Dry-docked at Norfolk
Stennis - Docked, Newport News
Truman - Off the coast of Virginia
Reagan CSG - Operating in Arabian Sea with Iwo Jima ARG (not her assigned AO)
Bush - Dry-docked at Norfolk
Ford - Ship trials off coast of Florida

Why are all of our supercarriers located near the US except for Reagan, which should be in the western Pacific?

What am I missing?

Three are off the coast so they are going through pre deployment exercises or just getting home. The rest need to have their jet blast shield changed because the F-35 jet blast melts the old style. Another smart screw up by the Navy. The one that is on the Carl Vinson is the only one that can stand up to the heat of the jet blast. Not even our newest Ford can, now how dam stupid is that?

The Bush will obviously get the better one. They do have to dock for awhile to fix them.

Our Navy chief did say he would be not deploying so many, so he could save money. He can rapidly deploy them as needed rather than turn one around to send to a conflict after being out on deployment for 90 days already.

It's a smart plan giving the speed of the carriers and they do need the blast shield replacement. Although seeing a US carrier a thousand miles away does give more than a few nations pause. Our Navy can use a break though after so many years of war like tempo.

Likely true,😆 I imagine they were beginning to feel like the Greeks during the Peloponnesian war. When is this war going to end?

One only has to remember the destroyers that took out themselves in the Asian theater by running into freighters if it was not a new spoofing weapon used by China or Russia.

The fault was laid on the fatigue of the sailors and one has to believe that with lookouts on the ships that could have obviously seen the huge ships unless their radars and lookouts couldn't see through some dense super fog.

The only bad thing about our carriers being docked is that they are easier targets, a lot easier to hit and remove from the fighting capability.