• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

COVID-19 | 2022

It's to early to panic , new variant can be highly more infectious but is it dangerous? This no-one knows yet . Short time will tell story. Stop worrying until we have more information. 🙄😕

It's to early to panic , new variant can be highly more infectious but is it dangerous? This no-one knows yet . Short time will tell story. Stop worrying until we have more information. 🙄😕
No, people shouldn't worry yet, but they should be aware and paying attention to this new development.

Also, if you have not already prepared yourself to be self-sufficient for a minimum of 90 days by now, you should start. This pandemic is not over, and it's not the Spanish Flu we're dealing with. Non-perishable food, distilled water, and a source of heat not connected to the grid are your top priorities. JUST IN CASE we reach the same level of spread we did during the first wave.

This is pretty much where you should be at all times, but we're experiencing multiple crises simultaneously, and being prepared for any contingency is just common sense these days.

No, people shouldn't worry yet, but they should be aware and paying attention to this new development.

Also, if you have not already prepared yourself to be self-sufficient for a minimum of 90 days by now, you should start. This pandemic is not over, and it's not the Spanish Flu we're dealing with. Non-perishable food, distilled water, and a source of heat not connected to the grid are your top priorities. JUST IN CASE we reach the same level of spread we did during the first wave.

This is pretty much where you should be at all times, but we're experiencing multiple crises simultaneously, and being prepared for any contingency is just common sense these days.
Thankyou and personally I'm sorted. Preps and location should it be necessary. Latest project growing rice.👍

The US said there won't be another lockdown. Are you thinking there will be?
The US has said a lot of things about the virus, the vaccines, and the pandemic in general. They do not have the best track record for reliability and accuracy in what they say. So, no, I'm not ruling out another lockdown if we get a variant that is more transmissible, more lethal, and can evade current vaccines.

Covid is also not the only reason I recommend 90 days of supplies. We have supply chain disruptions and a potentially violent election cycle coming up.

The 21st century is not bringing out the best in Americans, and I tend to prepare for the worst-case scenario.

The US said there won't be another lockdown. Are you thinking there will be?
No I don' think so, but the result is going to be a tragedy.
we get a variant that is more transmissible, more lethal, and can evade current vaccines.
The virus doesn't have to be more lethal but when there are no working vaccines then this makes it more lethal on it's own.
Altough it is already known that the Omicron variant is generating an extremly high viral load.
This automaticly leads to more severe cases and hospitalization just like with the Delta variant,
but possibly worse due to the immune escape capability which let's it overcome antibodies.

Which makes it very dangerous for the elderly.

OK {AY ATTENTION: Biology 101 states viruses do not mutate stronger but mutate to increase it's ability to survive. In other words the new variant isn't as strong as the first (covid 19 that was insignificant to kill) but has only come into being just to look for a host..

OK {AY ATTENTION: Biology 101 states viruses do not mutate stronger but mutate to increase it's ability to survive. In other words the new variant isn't as strong as the first (covid 19 that was insignificant to kill) but has only come into being just to look for a host..
Biology has mostly been chunked out the window with the Wuhan virus.
Surgical mask offer only limited protection. The mask that people are so dutifully wearing are mostly not even cotton which makes them even more worthless. But science is trumped by public policy designed to control not protect.

OK {AY ATTENTION: Biology 101 states viruses do not mutate stronger but mutate to increase it's ability to survive. In other words the new variant isn't as strong as the first
I think the word "strength" is misused here.

One virus isn't more or less "strong" than the other. They aren't lifting weights.

Different variants are more or less resistant to immune response. More or less able to replicate in a host.

It is certainly within the realm of virology for a virus to mutate and be more resistant to previous means to kill it.

Israel has closed its borders to all foreigners due to Omicron variant.

I think they're overreacting. Early science on the Omicron variant doesn't look good, but it's hardly conclusive at this point. More research needs to be conducted before governments start creating panic.

The currently known symptoms of the new Omikron variant are:

-extreme fatigue
-very high pulse rate
-fever
-no loss of smell or taste in contrary to all other variants

The cases seen have been mild, but acknowledged that it's too soon to know for sure if that will hold for a broader spectrum of Omicron infections.
Omicron could affect older people, particular those with known COVID comorbidities like heart disease and diabetes.

More known symptoms the new Omikron variant:

-no cough like in other variants
-body aches and pain
-high blood pressure