• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

COVID-19 | 2022

It’s curious that SA has a relative low vaccination rate approximately high 30’s. And that they just recently informed the WHO they didn’t need anymore doses because they have more than enough to meet demand. Then just a few days later OMG they have a new variant that’s devastating and travel restrictions are slapped in place to US and Europe.
With little to no significant data.
What happens to travel restrictions being xenophobic or those same western nations idea of boarder control is facilitating illegals being dispersed into the country without medical checks

``The WHO, which has classified the variant as "of concern," estimates that it will take a few weeks to understand its level of transmissibility and virulence, and has advised against any travel restrictions at this point.``

Omicron: London calls emergency meeting of G7 health ministers on Monday

G7 Health Ministers (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Canada and US) will hold an emergency meeting on Monday, November 29 to discuss the spread of the new COVID-19 strain, Omicron. This was announced by the head of the British Department of Health.

Just heard China comfirms second case. If it made it to China it's in Europe & US.

Nations are claiming it like it's Ebola without any real confirmation it's any worse or weaker as usual.

Got to scare everyone into staying home and ruining holiday business to crash economies because they didn't do enough damage last time.

The Biden administration can hurry up and send everyone holiday stimulus money though. Why not, we are already 30 trillion in the hole so what's another 2.5 trillion. Just as long as big businesses are not getting any. They will get theirs when we spend.

Content deleted due to no supporting evidence posted with claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nations are claiming it like it's Ebola without any real confirmation it's any worse or weaker as usual.

Got to scare everyone into staying home and ruining holiday business to crash economies because they didn't do enough damage last time.

The Biden administration can hurry up and send everyone holiday stimulus money though. Why not, we are already 30 trillion in the hole so what's another 2.5 trillion. Just as long as big businesses are not getting any. They will get theirs when we spend.
The WHO is not even advising travel bans yet. South Africa has done something to piss someone off. I don’t know what but their the whipping boy of the day.
Everyone is like scared dogs peeing all over themselves

It is probably going to take two to three weeks for proper, reliable studies to be released concerning Omicron. Until then, pretty much everything you read is going to be unsubstantiated rumor, and I will delete any post that makes claims without corroborating evidence.

It is probably going to take two to three weeks for proper, reliable studies to be released concerning Omicron.
Well, let's just wait there is nothing we can do anyway and maybe the people here can have some nice weeks before the real panic starts.

Well, let's just wait there is nothing we can do anyway and maybe the people here can have some nice weeks before the real panic starts.
There's no reason for anyone to panic. Even a highly infectious pathogen can be avoided by taking a few basic precautions. People that refuse to take those precautions because of their freedumbs deserve what they get. It's called "natural selection." And the gene pool has desperately needed some chlorine added to it for several decades now.

There's no reason for anyone to panic. Even a highly infectious pathogen can be avoided by taking a few basic precautions. People that refuse to take those precautions because of their freedumbs deserve what they get. It's called "natural selection." And the gene pool has desperately needed some chlorine added to it for several decades now.
You know I could respond with 20 months and no mask no vaccine no Covid. But that would be as tacky as the gene pool needing chlorine.
Maybe Covid is the chlorine and not the personal choice.
It’s nature you can only cheat nature so long.
Lay on your back on asphalt on a clear 15f night having a micro-infarction staring into starry night and eternity and things become wonderfully simple.
One minute your here and the next you might not be.

You know I could respond with 20 months and no mask no vaccine no Covid. But that would be as tacky as the gene pool needing chlorine.
No, it wouldn't be tacky. No matter what pathogen comes along, there will always be a portion of the population that is naturally immune to it and won't get infected even if they surround themselves with infected people. You might be one of those people. Or, you might have been an asymptomatic carrier at some point without even knowing it.

I've faced my own mortality before. The business end of a gun looks a lot bigger when someone else is holding it. Things did not become wonderfully simple for me, nor did I have any kind of spiritual revelation. It was then that I realized there is nothing waiting for me after this life, so I'm going to live this one to the fullest and experience as much as I can before I die. And I've stuck to that for over 35 years. I've experienced more in those three decades than most people will during their entire lives, which makes me a very fortunate man. As a very good friend of mine was fond of saying, "The point of life isn't to slowly arrive at your grave with your body in pristine condition, but to skid into it full speed, battered and bruised, crying 'Holy shit! What a ride!'" And that's exactly how he went. I hope I'm as lucky.

No, it wouldn't be tacky. No matter what pathogen comes along, there will always be a portion of the population that is naturally immune to it and won't get infected even if they surround themselves with infected people. You might be one of those people. Or, you might have been an asymptomatic carrier at some point without even knowing it.

I've faced my own mortality before. The business end of a gun looks a lot bigger when someone else is holding it. Things did not become wonderfully simple for me, nor did I have any kind of spiritual revelation. It was then that I realized there is nothing waiting for me after this life, so I'm going to live this one to the fullest and experience as much as I can before I die. And I've stuck to that for over 35 years. I've experienced more in those three decades than most people will during their entire lives, which makes me a very fortunate man. As a very good friend of mine was fond of saying, "The point of life isn't to slowly arrive at your grave with your body in pristine condition, but to skid into it full speed, battered and bruised, crying 'Holy shit! What a ride!'" And that's exactly how he went. I hope I'm as lucky.
Well my mistake is probably in interpreting your notion of basic precautions vis a vis our current Public policies.
IF I still believed Covid was as serious threat to the population at large I would elevate my basic precautions.
But it’s not, it’s a 99%+ survival rate for those without health issues.
You don’t seize an entire population into lockdowns panics and fear for those at risk. They do what they need to do.
Especially when the virus isn’t going away anytime soon.
As far as facing mortality well you right for you.

But it’s not, it’s a 99%+ survival rate for those without health issues.
My brother was previously healthy, and yet he still suffers from fatigue and shortness of breath after having COVID. Even if you survive, the long-term health consequences are staggering.

Besides, you can't estimate an intrinsic case-fatality ratio while a pandemic is raging. The WHO estimated that the CFR of the original SARS was 3%. It was only after the epidemic wound down that we knew it was closer to 10%. I would not be surprised if SARS-CoV-2 was closer to the 4-6% range once this pandemic is over.

Also, don't forget that the Spanish flu had a CFR of around 2%! So, best-case scenario, using your "99% survivability", it's *only* half as bad as Spanish flu. Worst-case scenario, it's 2-3 times worse.

My brother was previously healthy, and yet he still suffers from fatigue and shortness of breath after having COVID. Even if you survive, the long-term health consequences are staggering.

Besides, you can't estimate an intrinsic case-fatality ratio while a pandemic is raging. The WHO estimated that the CFR of the original SARS was 3%. It was only after the epidemic wound down that we knew it was closer to 10%. I would not be surprised if SARS-CoV-2 was closer to the 4-6% range once this pandemic is over.

Also, don't forget that the Spanish flu had a CFR of around 2%! So, best-case scenario, using your "99% survivability", it's *only* half as bad as Spanish flu. Worst-case scenario, it's 2-3 times worse.

TBH, saying "99% survival rate" isn't honest enought, we'd still be looking at 80 million dead if that's the case

Well I already wrote something like this unfortunatly it's was censored, but I'm glad some member was able to speak out the truth, without the vaccines this would look much worse.
Thanks to them the actual world wide survival rate is now 97.8% but in May 2020 it was only 79%.
And so the lethality rate was 20% in May 2020 and now it is just 2.16%.
That's not great but not terrible anymore. ;)

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/worldwide-graphs/#case-outcome