• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

COVID-19 | 2022

My brother was previously healthy, and yet he still suffers from fatigue and shortness of breath after having COVID. Even if you survive, the long-term health consequences are staggering.

Besides, you can't estimate an intrinsic case-fatality ratio while a pandemic is raging. The WHO estimated that the CFR of the original SARS was 3%. It was only after the epidemic wound down that we knew it was closer to 10%. I would not be surprised if SARS-CoV-2 was closer to the 4-6% range once this pandemic is over.

Also, don't forget that the Spanish flu had a CFR of around 2%! So, best-case scenario, using your "99% survivability", it's *only* half as bad as Spanish flu. Worst-case scenario, it's 2-3 times worse.
I understand and am not trying to imply it should be ignored as insignificant.
Probably I have let my anger lead my comments it that direction.
But it is also not small pox or polio.
My argument and frustration is with public policy being in my opinion politicized.
School closers,
Mandates and lock downs that outstrip the danger and carried out to the detriment of the economy.
Ignoring that vaccines have not been the be all end all. That the vaccinated can still contract and spread Covid albeit a an apparent reduced rate.
Panicking over new variants and ignoring science not to instill caution but enforce obedience.
Ignoring treatment options that have proved successful in other nations.
Ignoring that there have been significant health damage from the vaccines in younger populations yet moving full ahead to approve and encourage vaccinations in those age groups where the health risk from Covid is statistically insignificant.

There are intelligent thought out reasons to question and resist public policies and authorities who act more from political motives than health policy.

And speaking from a personal experience again. At the advice of my wives two doctors she got her vaccinations. Three days after second dose she started with heavy urinary bleed not from infection. It’s ongoing and we’ve waited a month to see a urologist. And yes in the EU has reported renal issues from the vaccines.
It might be nothing major. possibly stones but the timing viewed in light of adverse reports furthers my skepticism of the public science.

It was then that I realized there is nothing waiting for me after this life, so I'm going to live this one to the fullest and experience as much as I can before I die.
I had the same realization when I was posted to Israel on a diplomatic mission. I am no one important. Just had the liberty & luck to meet/help those who have shaped foriegn policy as it is today.

When I was in Israel came close to death a few times. With all the science we have astronomical & what I saw flash through my eyes... the only thing I got from it was live your life as if it where like your last day and you can never be to prepared.

Last edited:
I had the same realization when I was posted to Israel on a diplomatic mission. I am no one important. Just had the liberty & luck to meet/help those who have shaped foriegn policy as it is today.

When I was in israel came close to death a few times. With all the science we have astronomical & what I saw flash through my eyes... the only thing I got from it was live your life as if it where like your last day and you can never be to prepared.
Never served but have some PTSD where I have been located for my career. Why I have absolute respect for those who do serve. Can't imagine. Thank you to whom have served here.

I could not sever my county as a soldier but did everything I could to make a difference in our land without being a services member.

Last edited:
Certainly is looking that way if new variants keep popping out, and some refusing to take protection
Yes, it will eventually happen. However, as more people are exposed and develop immunity, the longer it will take for those who have never been exposed to get it. Most likely, it's expected to take up to 10 years or so for every single person to be exposed to this virus. However, that does not mean that the pandemic might last that long.

If this hasn't hit the news already, it should in a few minutes. California Department of Public Health (my employer), has identified the first case of the Omicron variant in the United States. This was specifically detected in San Mateo County, California- in the Bay Area.

I can't give too much information, except that this does not appear to be a case of community transmission. So far, all cases of community transmission in our local area have been Delta.

If this hasn't hit the news already, it should in a few minutes. California Department of Public Health (my employer), has identified the first case of the Omicron variant in the United States. This was specifically detected in San Mateo County, California- in the Bay Area.

I can't give too much information, except that this does not appear to be a case of community transmission. So far, all cases of community transmission in our local area have been Delta.
WH briefing on this rn. Confirmed the infected person was traveling back from South Africa. Came here on the 22nd & tested positive a week later today. That's a whole lot of time for him to have spread it.

Also the person is vaccinated and symptoms where mild. Not paying a hole lot of attention to this until information comes out on the virus.

WH briefing on this rn. Confirmed the infected person was traveling back from South Africa. Came here on the 22nd & tested positive a week later today. That's a whole lot of time for him to have spread it.

Also the person is vaccinated and symptoms where mild.
Yes, that's what makes things difficult. My office is already tracking primary and secondary contacts of this individual. I wouldn't be surprised if we begin to see cases of community transmission in the next few weeks.

Thank you for your support. These last several months have been very challenging, and I haven't been able to provide as many updates as I would like. However, I will try my best to provide critical information as I receive it.
Hey you should come first. Don't worry about us. I just recently took a break from the forums. Sometimes the best thing is to sit & do nothing, gather yourself.

The Omicron variant is a combination of the major variants of concern plus some new additional mutations.
So it's basicly Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta combined in one shell.
  • the spike protein look so different that the body’s immune system struggles to recognize it and fight it off. And three of the spike mutations (H665Y, N679K, P681H) help it enter the body’s cells more easily.
  • Meanwhile, it is missing a membrane protein (NSP6) which was seen in earlier iterations of the virus, which experts think could make it more infectious.
  • it has two mutations (R203K and G204R) that have been present in all variants of concern so far and have been linked with infectiousness
  • Because the spike protein looks so different on the new strain, the body’s immune system may struggle to recognise it and fight it off.
  • It also includes mutations found on the Delta variant that allow it to spread more easily.
  • It carries mutations P681H and N679K which are ‘rarely seen together’ and could make it yet more jab resistant.
  • These two mutations, along with H655Y, may also make it easier for the virus to sneak into the body’s cells.
  • The mutation N501Y may make the strain more transmissible and was previously seen on the Kent ‘Alpha’ variant and Beta among others.
  • Two other mutations (R203K and G204R) could make the virus more infectious, while a mutation that is missing from this variant (NSP6) could increase its transmissibility.
  • It also carries mutations K417N and E484A that are similar to those on the South African ‘Beta’ variant that made it better able to dodge vaccines.
  • it also has the N440K, found on Delta, and S477N, on the New York variant — which was linked with a surge of cases in the state in March — that has been linked to antibody escape.
  • Other mutations it has include G446S, T478K, Q493K, G496S, Q498R and Y505H, although their significance is not yet clear.
Experts say it is the ‘worst variant they have ever seen’ and are alarmed by the number of mutations it carries.

Moderator Note: I checked the viability of this news source, and they have a "Mostly Factual" rating, so I am approving this post. However, I would like to see if we can get independent confirmation, please. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Omicron variant is a combination of the major variants of concern plus some new additional mutations.
So it's basicly Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta combined in one shell.
  • the spike protein look so different that the body’s immune system struggles to recognize it and fight it off. And three of the spike mutations (H665Y, N679K, P681H) help it enter the body’s cells more easily.
  • Meanwhile, it is missing a membrane protein (NSP6) which was seen in earlier iterations of the virus, which experts think could make it more infectious.
  • it has two mutations (R203K and G204R) that have been present in all variants of concern so far and have been linked with infectiousness
  • Because the spike protein looks so different on the new strain, the body’s immune system may struggle to recognise it and fight it off.
  • It also includes mutations found on the Delta variant that allow it to spread more easily.
  • It carries mutations P681H and N679K which are ‘rarely seen together’ and could make it yet more jab resistant.
  • These two mutations, along with H655Y, may also make it easier for the virus to sneak into the body’s cells.
  • The mutation N501Y may make the strain more transmissible and was previously seen on the Kent ‘Alpha’ variant and Beta among others.
  • Two other mutations (R203K and G204R) could make the virus more infectious, while a mutation that is missing from this variant (NSP6) could increase its transmissibility.
  • It also carries mutations K417N and E484A that are similar to those on the South African ‘Beta’ variant that made it better able to dodge vaccines.
  • it also has the N440K, found on Delta, and S477N, on the New York variant — which was linked with a surge of cases in the state in March — that has been linked to antibody escape.
  • Other mutations it has include G446S, T478K, Q493K, G496S, Q498R and Y505H, although their significance is not yet clear.

Moderator Note: I checked the viability of this news source, and they have a "Mostly Factual" rating, so I am approving this post. However, I would like to see if we can get independent confirmation, please. Thanks.
Good job on posting information with reliable sourcing. Thank you for doing that.

That presumes every single person in the world contracted it.
All we hear is get vaccinated because everyone, every single person will get covid-19. My problem is I only ever had the common cold - coroner virus. Even then rarely. Pretty much only occurs when my core body temperature is lowered. Haven't suffered in years. Never been flu vaccinated for any variant and been around people with flu, while never suffered from it. If those flu variations have been around for years and I haven't caught that ,then they won't be convincing me every single person will get this. Besides if it's as dangerous as they say they wouldn't deny the jab for anybody. Being needle phobic a little gas fixes the problem but constantly denied. Other options are available but still no you can't have vaccine or a job. Yeah right. All makes sense to me. 🤔🧐🤬🤣🤣🤣 come at me with a knife I don't care I'm legally allowed to defend myself. But a needle no. I can't give permission to be stabbed with anything. It's danger and assault to me.

The “highly transmissible” Omicron variant of coronavirus ripping through South Africa is putting disproportionately large numbers of children under 5 years old in hospitals, a top South African government medical adviser said Friday.
We’ve seen quite a sharp increase [in hospital admissions] across all age groups but particularly in the under 5s.”
“The incidence in those under 5 is now second highest, second only to those over 60. The trend that we’re seeing now, that is different to what we’ve seen before
The main reason: Vaccinated spread Omicron to the unvaccinated children below 5.
“This variant is indeed highly transmissible, including in people who have already been vaccinated, he said.

==============================================================================================================
MODERATOR NOTE: The Daily Beast is a "Medium Credibility" source of information with left-wing bias and a mixed factual reporting history. Use your judgement accordingly.
==============================================================================================================

Children below 5 aren't vaccinated in the U.S and everywhere else in the world against Covid-19.

21/22 Summer Wave is Omicron / Blue is Delta variant Winter 20/21
FFs0iEHXIAkXSvG

Last edited by a moderator: