• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

North Korea launched two SRBMs.

Did this just happen or is this about the last one? I'm not sure what is meant by Sunday, because that's what day it is in NK.

North Korea fired what appeared to be two short-range ballistic missiles into the ocean off its east coast on Sunday

North Korea raises prospect of “payback” on U.S. after Pompeo sanctions remarks
HcVXmPv.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll say it again, with zero international interest in stopping the proliferation of nuclear weapons and their delivery system there is only one course of action left.
Allow and support allied foreign nations (Japan Taiwan and South Korea) to implement their own nuclear deterrent.

This was never plan A in anyone’s plans.
But if there is no commitment and follow through by foreign gov who could have impacted the DPRK. Then the hope of de-nuclearizing of the DPRK is historty.

I for one no longer want my nation held hostage to the whims of a rouge state and solely responsible for the defense of NE Asia.
It’s time to stop crying over spilt milk and deal with the world the way it is. Stop saying we can never do or allow this to happen when it’s happening irregardless of our wishes of aspersions.
Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula is dead move on.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t look at it honestly and adjust your opinions your likely to miss it
Ferris Bueller paraphrased

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un presided over a Central Military Commission meeting and discussed "new policies for further increasing the nuclear war deterrence of the country," state media reported Sunday.

Also discussed at the enlarged meeting of the Central Military Commission of the ruling Workers' Party were important military steps and organizational and political measures to further bolster up the overall armed forces, according to the Korean Central News Agency.
"Set forth at the meeting were new policies for further increasing the nuclear war deterrence of the country and putting the strategic armed forces on a high alert operation in line with the general requirements for the building and development of the armed forces of the country," the KCNA said.
It did not elaborate what the "new policies" for nuclear deterrence were.

Nothing real new or surprising, but an update still.

North Korea still operating, improving major nuclear fuel plant, experts say

Joseph Bermudez Jr. and Victor Cha say images from March show activity at the Pyongsan Uranium Concentrate Plant, believed to produce yellowcake uranium.