• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Nuclear or Radiological Terrorist Attack Debate

If American universities and hospitals than trace elements are easily identified. ?
Depending on what type of radioactive material. Hospitals/Universities/Dentists offices have all sorts or radioactive material that are not Uranium. Cobalt would be the most likely material taken from a hospital/dentist office to make a dirty bomb imo. Which idk if we can track where the cobalt came from.

But it would be near impossible to put a blame on someone as that sorta material isn't as secure and abundant across everywhere in the states.

Oh yes. Surprised it hasn't happened yet to be frank with you.
For the same reason a bio terrorist attack hasn't happened yet (which is pretty easy these days)
For the same reason planes havent ran into American buildings since 9/11
Nobody has been crazy enough and powerful enough (yet) to pull it off.

Depending on what type of radioactive material. Hospitals/Universities/Dentists offices have all sorts or radioactive material that are not Uranium. Cobalt would be the most likely material taken from a hospital/dentist office to make a dirty bomb imo. Which idk if we can track where the cobalt came from.

But it would be near impossible to put a blame on someone as that sorta material isn't as secure and abundant across everywhere in the states.
Wouldn't matter where it came from being stolen from American facilities. It is solely on finding who was responsible for stealing it and making the bombs is the problem.

For the same reason a bio terrorist attack hasn't happened yet (which is pretty easy these days)
For the same reason planes havent ran into American buildings since 9/11
Nobody has been crazy enough and powerful enough (yet) to pull it off.
I think we have just gotten lucky and after 9/11 got really good at preventing foreign terror attacks. Though we seem to be struggling with domestic terrorism/radicals...

No. It's not about what reactors makes the fuel but where the raw material was mined. All uranium mines are logged for this reason. We know the fingerprint of all uranium/plutonium mines anywhere. The Uranium mined in America has a 100% difference fingerprint then Russian mined uranium, and same for any other nation/region.

No way to get around it. International community has a record of all uranium signatures/fingerprints from all over the world.
The US is the only one that โ€œcouldโ€ theoretically have a deniable device. We received and demiled many of the Soviet era nuclear weapons outside of Russia, after the wall fell. However itโ€™s highly unlikely with all of the transparency and foreign/UN inspectors on hand at all stages that we were able to pull the olโ€˜ switcheroo. Possible, not likely. Highly improbable.

The terrorist nuke wouldn't have that big impact, if it's just a single one.
But if they could manage to smuggle a couple nukes in It would make the US government vulnerable to blackmail.
And that would have a huge impact.
They wouldn't need to have more than one. Just detonate one and threaten them with more.

Maybe, but they could figure out that they are just bluffing, they would use the nuke sniffers or other tools to detect the radiation.
The terrorists needs to be sure to have at least enough nukes or at least radiactive material in place to prevent any action against them.

Maybe, but they could figure out that they are just bluffing, they would use the nuke sniffers or other tools to detect the radiation.
The terrorists needs to be sure to have at least enough nukes or at least radiactive material in place to prevent any action against them.
Perception is reality. I think the last few years have shown that public opinion is not steered by empirical facts or reasonable assumptions. If the public feel threatened the government and news outlets have to handle that somehow.

'swhy they call it terrorism

Perception is reality. I think the last few years have shown that public opinion is not steered by empirical facts or reasonable assumptions. If the public feel threatened the government and news outlets have to handle that somehow.

'swhy they call it terrorism
Or maybe the public has realize that not all empirical facts or the media are actually facts.

IS everything the gov and mainstream media tells us factual?

It is not a clear cut easily definable issue anymore.

Why were the videos of hunter Biden snorting crack off a hookers ass fake news and Russian propaganda three years ago. I watched those videos in 2019 but you could not find them reported on or were denied as fakes. But now their not.
Today they might actually be an issue of concern according to the NYT and other MSM outlets.

Iโ€™m not picking on HB, this same suppression of news could and has happened for many candidates and in many countries. I mention it only because its such an obvious manipulation of factual news stories that like it or not would have been relevant to any presidential campaign if reported upon factually.

People do not trust the media and gov because they have given them so many reasons not to.

And it is not up to the gov or the media to tell us what to think or how to interpret the news.
As Mika Brazinsky so famously let slip, โ€œit is our job to tell people what to thinkโ€.

Or maybe the public has realize that not all empirical facts or the media are actually facts.

IS everything the gov and mainstream media tells us factual?

It is not a clear cut easily definable issue anymore.

Why were the videos of hunter Biden snorting crack off a hookers ass fake news and Russian propaganda three years ago. I watched those videos in 2019 but you could not find them reported on or were denied as fakes. But now their not.
Today they might actually be an issue of concern according to the NYT and other MSM outlets.

Iโ€™m not picking on HB, this same suppression of news could and has happened for many candidates and in many countries. I mention it only because its such an obvious manipulation of factual news stories that like it or not would have been relevant to any presidential campaign if reported upon factually.

People do not trust the media and gov because they have given them so many reasons not to.

And it is not up to the gov or the media to tell us what to think or how to interpret the news.
As Mika Brazinsky so famously let slip, โ€œit is our job to tell people what to thinkโ€.
I don't think I communicated my thoughts very well here.
All I meant to say is that regardless of the facts the public will form their own fears, whether real or perceived and that is a factor in a response to an attack. State actors or terrorist

I don't think I communicated my thoughts very well here.
All I meant to say is that regardless of the facts the public will form their own fears, whether real or perceived and that is a factor in a response to an attack. State actors or terrorist
That I can agree with. But there is a underlying problem in the US now. right or wrong accurate or not faith in gov and news has created a fundamental problem and division in the country.
But sides are guilt of doing it and both side are susceptible to making bad decisions along the way.

Personally Iโ€™ve learned one thing in the last 15 years. That I have to be willing and able to admit I was wrong or hoodwinked.
Ive posted or responded to news reporting that was completly in error and ive had to back track and admit my bad sometimes.
As a rule when discussing things with people Iโ€™ve come to decide those who are unwilling or unable to admit they donโ€™t know or were wrong. Are the least likely people I want to base decisions on there input.

That I can agree with. But there is a underlying problem in the US now. right or wrong accurate or not faith in gov and news has created a fundamental problem and division in the country.
But sides are guilt of doing it and both side are susceptible to making bad decisions along the way.

Personally Iโ€™ve learned one thing in the last 15 years. That I have to be willing and able to admit I was wrong or hoodwinked.
Ive posted or responded to news reporting that was completly in error and ive had to back track and admit my bad sometimes.
As a rule when discussing things with people Iโ€™ve come to decide those who are unwilling or unable to admit they donโ€™t know or were wrong. Are the least likely people I want to base decisions on there input.
That's character my friend, and it is in short supply these days.
The news is political now, maybe it always was. No matter the main subject, the readers are like Yankee and Red Sox fans. No matter how bad their team is, no matter their "character", they're fans to the death. That's a pity