Oh this is just scary and bizarre

Obreid

Power Poster
I haven’t even wrapped my head around this one yet.
gene splicing the covid mnra vaccine into the chloroplast of leafy greens to create a edible vaccine. Even incorporating it into garden seed.

it really makes me wonder what is really going on with this vaccine.
The vaccine IS available for those that want it. There is a push to make it mandatory.
Booster shots are not even yet fully approved.
Now scientist are trying to figure out a way to make the mnra vaccine a part of our permanent diet?

This is weird and raises some concerning questions about what’s really going on.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
Y'know, I'm sorry... I am all for scientific advancement and using technology to make peoples' lives better.

But we're not fucking wise enough as a species yet to fuck around with genetically manipulating our food chain. Am I the only one who sees the ability to attack an entire country with a malevolent version of something like this? Or affecting wild animals and insects who also consume food grown in fields and gardens? We have no idea what the long-term consequences of this kind of genetic manipulation might be.

Now, when we reach the stage of development where we *can* know those consequences and prove that it's safe to do, then let's talk. But tinkering around with genetic material might be what caused this pandemic to begin with. Scientists need to take a step back and think about what they're doing.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
genetically manipulating our food chain
We have been doing it for decades. Almost all our vegetables have been genetically altered one way or another weather to be more bug or drought resistant and seedless. So far all with tremendous success & great benefits to crop yields around the globe.

Ever heard of GMO? Know what that stands for? Our entire food chain has been genetically altered already one way or another.

Last edited:

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
We have been doing it for decades. Almost all our vegetables have been genetically altered one way or another weather to be more bug or drought resistant and seedless. So far all with tremendous success & great benefits to crop yields around the globe.

Ever heard of GMO? Know what that stands for? Our entire food chain has been genetically altered already one way or another.
I know that, but what this article is talking about is on a whole other level altogether. Current GMO is designed to make plants more resistant to insects and fungus, as well as produce more food per acre. The goal is simply to provide more food with less resources, not alter what the food does in the first place, which is supply us with nutrients. Basically, they're accelerating the natural evolution of plant life.

What they're talking about here is altering the plant to do something nature never intended it to do.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
I know that, but what this article is talking about is on a whole other level altogether. Current GMO is designed to make plants more resistant to insects and fungus, as well as produce more food per acre. The goal is simply to provide more food with less resources, not alter what the food does in the first place, which is supply us with nutrients. Basically, they're accelerating the natural evolution of plant life.

What they're talking about here is altering the plant to do something nature never intended it to do.
I can't foresee any problems with this kinda of tampering in genetics. Its plants. Not like they can attack us or get smarter and kill us like the risks involved when you do such things to animals.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
I can't foresee any problems with this kinda of tampering in genetics. Its plants. Not like they can attack us or get smarter and kill us like the risks involved when you do such things to animals.
No, but whatever technology can be used to help people can also be used to hurt them. If you can splice an mRNA vaccine into a plant, then you can splice an RNA virus into a plant. Imagine some maniac using this mRNA technology to render the crops of an entire country deadly for human consumption.

Obreid

Power Poster
No, but whatever technology can be used to help people can also be used to hurt them. If you can splice an mRNA vaccine into a plant, then you can splice an RNA virus into a plant. Imagine some maniac using this mRNA technology to render the crops of an entire country deadly for human consumption.
And the splicing technology is becoming almost off the shelf. It too easy.
That and the long-standing genetic manipulation to raise seed that produces only sterile plants.
much of the plant seed sold today in garden stores is sterile and the agriculture seed is almost completely sterile. These are dead end seed lines that won’t reproduce without the manipulation of human intervention.
It holds problematic unknowns for the future.

D

DucknCover

Without all these genetic modifications most of the cultivated plants could no longer survive against all the vermins and molds specialized to them.
Humans depend on the survival of many crops. Man is in an endless war for supremacy with other species, since the beginning of his existence.
I don't know who will be the winner of this war, but probably not man.

rudemarine

Power Poster

The same reason I get so bent out of shape when people think what I say is some Conspiracy Theory lol. The CIA are the ones who coined that saying to dismiss all of their antics so nobody looks into anything anymore.

I have heard from way too many bad things about this vaccine from good doctors to ever consider it. If it was so good the social media wouldn't be removing every ounce of proof it's not.

You put all the real evidence on the table and let the people decide for themselves, That's the way our nation has worked for hundreds of years.

Hiding information just makes people paranoid.

If you have ever seen detailed war plans for the simulation of the Soviets invading West Germany you would quickly find out that they don't give a dam about us people.

The west was going to not only nuke the Soviets but blanket the line in front of them for hundreds of miles (wide) in every Chemical and Biological weapon we had. Life in Europe would have died and nobody would be able to live there for thousands of years.

Insanity and evil rules the peoples brains, who have passes into the bunkers.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
I don't believe there is anything sinister about the vaccine; just the panicked, rapid rate with which it was developed and released.

What's sinister is how there are two diametrically opposing sides, both releasing "proof" that *their* version of the vax story is the correct one, and that all other stores are false. People have allowed their emotional political ideologies cloud their judgment, and people are getting sick and dying as a result. (Doesn't matter which side you believe; both say people are getting sick and dying. They just disagree on causality.)

The truth, as is usually the case in situations like this, is no doubt somewhere towards the center. Here's what I know for sure:
1: I personally know people who have been diagnosed with Covid.
2: At least two of those people are Covid long-haulers.
3: I personally know one person who has died from Covid.
4: I personally know several dozen people who have been vaccinated, including myself and my wife.
5: None of these people have had any severe side-effects, nor have any of them contracted Covid after being fully vaccinated.

Conclusion based on my personal knowledge and observations: The vaccines are less dangerous than the virus, at least for now. However, as any reasonable person should, I re-evaluate my position if/when new information becomes available.

Obreid

Power Poster
Personal conclusions; this virus doesn’t warrant population wide vaccinations.
The lasting effectiveness of the vaccine is questionable especially given some of the recommended booster schedules.
There are growing numbers of reaction issues occurring in health and age groups that can’t be ignored. Sweden Denmark and Iceland have all halted moderna vaccine being given to men and boys younger than 30 years old because of suspected adverse reactions.
So there is growing evidence that there are significant risk with one or more of the vaccines in large swaths of the population.
These should all be alarm bells to tread carefully in public policy and medical recommendations for these vaccines being Administered to the population as a whole.

Given these recognized dangers in several countries and institutions it causes me to ask why have we rushed headlong into this questionable public policy.
Why had the oral medication Ivermectin been sidelined in the US but there has been successful remediation treatments with it several countries, notably India. Where ivermectins antiviral properties are believed to be the cause of its success.
And now lo and behold - Miracle of miracles moderna and pfizer are both releasing a brand new ground breaking oral medication that uses its new patented formula to fight covid almost exactly like the long used and generic “low profit” ivermectin.

My personal observation is covid is real, it can be dangerous to older people and those with comorbidities.
But that by and large public policy is more interested in enforcing compliance and engendering fear. And I ask why? Because of concern for people safety? Or for the nefarious purpose of corporate profit. Call me cynical but when vast amounts of wealth are at stake companies and individuals will say and do almost anything to capture that wealth. History is replete with examples of this lust for power and profit. We have no problem blaming war on the military industrial complex, but hesitant to apply the same logic the pharmaceutical industry. That’s naive!

Pharmaceutical companies are selling a whole class of medication. Where public policy is actively trying to enforce use of these medications on the population as a whole. While the same government that enforces compliance grants product liability immunity to these companies and scientific community writ large.

That’s a really suspiciously sweet deal don’t you think?