• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Pentagon Delays Missile Test

We postponed testing for Russia over Ukraine and now China! 🤬🤬🤬
Considering the break down in back channels (reported by Times & Telegraph recently) I'm not surprised. Now is not the time for a misunderstanding.

Now is not the time for a misunderstanding.
Pelosi went to Taiwan regardless of Chinese threats out of principle. We do not let other nations dictate what we can do period. A simple single missile test should not be postponed out of principle.

China is tossing missiles around in Japanese EEZ zones like N. Korea without any regard to how we will react. They don't give us the curiosity, why should we?

Pelosi went to Taiwan regardless of Chinese threats out of principle. We do not let other nations dictate what we can do period. A simple single missile test should not be postponed out of principle.

China is tossing missiles around in Japanese EEZ zones like N. Korea without any regard to how we will react. They don't give us the curiosity, why should we?

I understand this but we have come a long way in communication since then. There should be zero reason as to why this test was postponed. We have literally hundreds of ways to communicate to China it's a test.

The West needs to stop bowing to dictators out of blackmailing or fear.
The West is showing strength by doing freedom of navigation operations throughout internationally recognised shipping lines in the South China Sea, however there are limits to what they can do.
Popping off some ICBMs could easily be misconstrued by Beijing as an openly hostile move, or perhaps their early warning bases don't hear in advance about the test (this has happened before) and believe it's a HEMP or decapitation strike. It's unlikely but the possibility is there and it's exacerbated by the background of increased tensions.
The Pentagon knows this and don't want to run the risk. Honestly I'd make the same move, they can always delay it until a later date.
Both the Times and the Telegraph running with headlines stating that the risk of nuclear war is higher now with China due to a breakdown in back channels. Biden is due to talk with Jinping amid rising tensions with PRC.

point 1:We do freedom of navigation through international shipping lanes year round several times…tensions or no tensions. Point 2: So you’re saying it’s ok for A nuclear nation that was clearly already invading another nation to test their ICBM and let the world know what they were doing but if we do it we will be too provocative? Im sorry but I disagree with you’re assessment. We are not assertive enough. If we had had troops in Ukraine training their army on the use of our weaponry before Russia’s invasion..Putin would have held off Because he knows we can clean their chronometers. Same with China…they make idle threats the same as Putin. Cause they know they lose a lot in a fight with us. We need to show these folks we aren’t afraid to pop fireworks just as they’re doing now.