• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Recent Alert Change to DEFCON 5

I missed seeing this place green.
I know things ain't really good
Until one side or the other decides to change the status quo or escalate beyond what has already been established as "ok" where all good. Which we have not seen either side escalate things beyond what has already been drawn as acceptable.

A status quo has been set and everyone is digging in for another long and stressful century of arms build up, arms races, and political ideologies fighting for global dominance again.

Yes it's scary. But can't be at DECCON 4 forever. We need to be honest here and acknowledge that this war in Europe may last years and even after its over the tentions are still going to stay steady at boiling hot.

The world theater has stabilized or in other words "this is now our new way of life."

Until one side or the other decides to change the status quo or escalate beyond what has already been established as "ok" where all good. Which we have not seen either side escalate things beyond what has already been drawn as acceptable.

A status quo has been set and everyone is digging in for another long and stressful century of arms build up, arms races, and political ideologies fighting for global dominance again.

Yes it's scary. But can't be at DECCON 4 forever. We need to be honest here and acknowledge that this war in Europe may last years and even after its over the tentions are still going to stay steady at boiling hot.

The world theater has stabilized or in other words "this is now our new way of life."

Yeah, i'm aware of that, it's what a i meant by "things ain't good"
Welp, if we're being honest, i think i'll take my leave, been following this since 2019 Iran crisis, but in the end i'd rather be among those that go in the blasts, if they do occur.
Some of yall are really nice, have a nice one.

so we will change defcon level?

With as unpredictable ad Russia can be, i think we should have stayed at 4 until the end of the war. But thats just my opinion.

Just because Russia and the West are at odds doesn't necessarily mean they will shoot at each other.

Korea. Vietnam.

As much as Russia cries about the West supplying arms to Ukraine, what exactly are they going to do about it?

Fire off a nuke at Ukraine? How will Russia sell that to her own people? They haven't hit that level of desperation. Yet.

5 makes no sense, you say the reason is because global nuclear war is not imminent; so you're saying we are not at 1, how does that equal 5. Does the person who moved to 5 understand the rating system?

Just because Russia and the West are at odds doesn't necessarily mean they will shoot at each other.

Korea. Vietnam.

As much as Russia cries about the West supplying arms to Ukraine, what exactly are they going to do about it?

Fire off a nuke at Ukraine? How will Russia sell that to her own people? They haven't hit that level of desperation. Yet.
They were never going to use a nuke on Ukraine, the idea of that was pathetic from the start. That aside I fully support the drop in level as this is obviously going to go on for a while yet, without escalation. I was surprised it didn't escalate earlier, and now like before it is still a regional conflict with raised western support dragging it along. Time will tell , for now 5 is a reasonable call. 🤝👍 Besides it isn't hard to raise it if necessary in the future, so all your followers and members can learn to be patient and with any luck relax a bit. Iran and Israel is just as much an issue lately but no one is concerned as much simply because of no real evidence Iran has a nuke , when it's quite possible they do or will in a short time. Russia can use nukes as deterrence threats. I seriously doubt we would see the same rethoric from Iran in the future. Anyway another day goes and another to come . Good call 🤝👍

They were never going to use a nuke on Ukraine, the idea of that was pathetic from the start.
On Ukraine probably not but what are they going to do else to stop the western weapons supply?
A nuclear test, probably by North Korea is likely, actually this could be a disguised test of the Russians.
The US would still get the message.

I'm a bit astonished: I thought we were again nearer at a DEFCON 3, with a situation in whitch Ukraine is going to receive long range weapons and Russia is threatening to retaliate at least governative infrastructures in Kiev, if not even targets into NATO Countries. All that said, even more so because these threatenigs come from Putin and Medvedev and Russia has demostrated to be consequencial . Forthermore, these words seem uglier than the first Putin's words about a "special readiness of strategic forces". Not to say about diplomatic relationships that seem to be on the verge of a rupture in many Countries, for example in Italy. In shot words, I thought the things were on the verge to get worse rather than better. But I have always observed that you are right in your analysis, so in that case I'll take your word for it, before to actually understand.

even more so because these threatenigs come from Putin and Medvedev and Russia has demostrated to be consequencial . Forthermore, these words seem uglier than the first Putin's words about a "special readiness of strategic forces".
Russia's whining is all bluster. As we have noted, there is no movement to back up such threats.

If Russia starts to get beaten badly in Ukraine, this may change.

5 makes no sense, you say the reason is because global nuclear war is not imminent; so you're saying we are not at 1, how does that equal 5. Does the person who moved to 5 understand the rating system?
Yes. Do you?

Seems a fair reflection of the current situation.

I think it’s correct to suppose that we are entering into a new period of sustained heightened tension and military buildup, a new normal as stated above.

As such, there will be plenty of bumps in the road ahead, probably plenty of periods of defcon 4 and maybe 3. Let’s hope it doesn’t get lower than that. We shall see what the future brings.

On Ukraine probably not but what are they going to do else to stop the western weapons supply?
A nuclear test, probably by North Korea is likely, actually this could be a disguised test of the Russians.
The US would still get the message.
They don't want to stop it. Diminished weapons and ability to defend is clearly not a problem for Russia, But for the west .? Time will tell.

I'm a bit astonished: I thought we were again nearer at a DEFCON 3, with a situation in whitch Ukraine is going to receive long range weapons and Russia is threatening to retaliate at least governative infrastructures in Kiev, if not even targets into NATO Countries. All that said, even more so because these threatenigs come from Putin and Medvedev and Russia has demostrated to be consequencial . Forthermore, these words seem uglier than the first Putin's words about a "special readiness of strategic forces". Not to say about diplomatic relationships that seem to be on the verge of a rupture in many Countries, for example in Italy. In shot words, I thought the things were on the verge to get worse rather than better. But I have always observed that you are right in your analysis, so in that case I'll take your word for it, before to actually understand.
Ukraine will not receive long range weapons. Missiles support isn't long range. = 40km approximately. The west isn't silly enough to take that risk.

They were never going to use a nuke on Ukraine, the idea of that was pathetic from the start. That aside I fully support the drop in level as this is obviously going to go on for a while yet, without escalation. I was surprised it didn't escalate earlier, and now like before it is still a regional conflict with raised western support dragging it along. Time will tell , for now 5 is a reasonable call. 🤝👍 Besides it isn't hard to raise it if necessary in the future, so all your followers and members can learn to be patient and with any luck relax a bit. Iran and Israel is just as much an issue lately but no one is concerned as much simply because of no real evidence Iran has a nuke , when it's quite possible they do or will in a short time. Russia can use nukes as deterrence threats. I seriously doubt we would see the same rethoric from Iran in the future. Anyway another day goes and another to come . Good call 🤝👍
the one that is being overlooked is China and Taiwan, and the US is obligated to provide protection of Taiwan. Personally, I"m not really letting my guard down any.