REPORTS - Eastern European Crises

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Last time in the spring, was the USA as vocal about a "possible invasion"? I dont remember them being as vocal and I take it as a sign that this time the situation is more serious.
Well winter & fall are normally the time tentions go up. It's that all the flashpoints around the world are hot all at once this year.

JPod

Well winter & fall are normally the time tentions go up. It's that all the flashpoints around the world are hot all at once this year.
They definitely all are. I'm curious what my roll will be in the next war, assuming of course things go hot.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Does this suggest NATO moving hardware into position or just germany?
If Germany does it with or without the notice of all of NATO still is dignified as NATO even if it is just German forces.

Simply because if German forces where to come under fire regardless if NATO approved Germany doing so, Germany holds the right to pull article 5 even if their actions where not conveyed under NATO.

JPod

It was not like this last time. We didnt see mobilization like this and it can't really be justified by "migrants" on Poland's boarder. Definitely fluid, new info is still flowing in at an increased pace.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Should this thread be stickied? Elevate this thread over others. Give this thread more attention in a sense. Insinuating the situation requires more in depth analysis until the situation has stabilized or goes hot.

I feel this situation besides CCP vs ROC is a very pressing issue that needs our full undivided attention now. Keeping this thread from sinking would help in reporting and keep this all in our minds everytime we login.

Just an idea for @RiffRaff or other admins.

Last edited:

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
Should this thread be stickied? Elevate this thread over others. Give this thread more attention in a sense. Insinuating the situation requires more in depth analysis until the situation has stabilized or goes hot.

I feel this situation besides CCP vs ROC is a very pressing issue that needs our full undivided attention now. Keeping this thread from sinking would help in reporting and keep this all in our minds everytime we login.

Just an idea for @RiffRaff or other admins.
Done.

Obreid

Power Poster
If during this situation the US was doing nothing to focus attention and put pressure on Putin to not invade or step the pressure back in Belarus. In the event some military action did occur most of us would be frustrated that Biden just stood by and let it happen.

I can’t say I support everything that is being done or am at ease with it all.
But the provocations do exist. The migrant issue does defiantly seem to be contrived.
If we didn’t have the issues in the sub-continent, Iraq, and Taiwan we would not be nearly as concerned.
It’s the sum of it all that gets the hairs on my neck up.
How ever realistically none or all of these issues are significant enough to precipitate a nuclear war except in the case of a major mistake.

There are no bomber squadrons in the air or reports of boomers leaving ports in mass. Those are the types of things that would normally be standard for any type of first strike. Loan bomber and intel planes flying in international air space aren’t war indicators.

The frequent Chinese air sorties into Taiwan’s Air identification zones are the most significant military events currently.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
except in the case of a major mistake.
That's what I am terrified of. Not concerned someone is going to stike & plan a war first. No one has the intentions here of striking first.

With such high tentions the chance of mistakes or miscalculations rise exponentially.

In other thread I said we are just one border conflict arising from a mistake that will absolutely spiral into a war in Eastern Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.