• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

DEFCON 4 | Europe Crisis | November 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

US spy plane E-8C spotted 35 km away from Russia’s border, says Defense Ministry:

MOSCOW, November 10. /TASS/. A US E-8C reconnaissance aircraft that took off from Germany’s USAF Ramstein Air Base was spotted 35 kilometers away from Russia's border, the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday.

"A US E-8C plane that took off from the Ramstein Air Base in Germany kept circling above the northwestern, central and northeastern parts of the Black Sea for five hours and 13 minutes at altitudes ranging from 7,000 to 10,000 meters. It came as close as 35 kilometers from the Russian border," the statement reads.

According to the Russian Defense Ministry, the aircraft was detected on Tuesday, its flight lasted from 02:15 pm to 07:28 pm local time. The ministry pointed out that the Russian Aerospace Forces' anti-aircraft missile troops had been tracking the US plane via radar systems for the entire duration of its flight.

NATO warship activity in the Black Sea is a matter of concern for Russian President Vladimir Putin and a reason for heightened precautions, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

It is "absolutely a matter of concern to him and he has spoken about this," Peskov told reporters in response to a question about how Putin feels about US warships taking part in a multinational exercise in the Black Sea region, held by the United States European Command.

He said there are regular contacts between the military of the two countries that aim to prevent conflicts. But this activity near the Russian border calls for "heightened precautions," as the head of state and the defense minister said earlier, Peskov said.

Russian President Vladimir Putin noted Kiev’s destructive policy while exchanging opinions on the internal Ukrainian conflict with Germany’s acting Chancellor Angela Merkel, the Kremlin press service said on Thursday.

"The Russian president noted Kiev’s destructive policy that is increasingly banking on the use of force, including using strike drones in violation of the Minsk Package of Measures," the press service noted.

Ukraine to deploy troops, helicopters to guard Belarus border:
-RT <---Link

U.S. Warns Europe That Russia May Plan Ukraine Invasion:
-Bloomberg <---Link

Armored vehicles pulled up to places where breaches of Ukraine's border are possible from Belarus- Yevhen Yenin:
[TRANSLATED]

(Moved these reports here from Belarus thread. Sorry.)

Last time in the spring, was the USA as vocal about a "possible invasion"? I dont remember them being as vocal and I take it as a sign that this time the situation is more serious.

Last time in the spring, was the USA as vocal about a "possible invasion"? I dont remember them being as vocal and I take it as a sign that this time the situation is more serious.
Well winter & fall are normally the time tentions go up. It's that all the flashpoints around the world are hot all at once this year.

Well winter & fall are normally the time tentions go up. It's that all the flashpoints around the world are hot all at once this year.
They definitely all are. I'm curious what my roll will be in the next war, assuming of course things go hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.