• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

DEFCON 4 | Europe Crisis | November 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
this-is-going-to-be-a-disaster-popcorn.gif

Got my crackers n cheese & some scotch. Can't wait.

First half hour in to the night session. Considering on the day session Dow was -652 points, night looks so far ok. Dow+100 S&P +23 NDQ +99 Gold 1776.80 +.30 Oil 66.97. So far nothing earth shattering. US$ down to 95.918 -.347 All of this might get shattered in an instant if Putin is going to say something bad.
Darknoon I'll have a glass of Bushmills, no ice, thanks.

Putin has drawn his line in the sand. NATO has theirs, don't invade but we need to arm Ukraine to make sure you can't invade without paying a heavy cost. Putin says don't dare give them anymore weapons. Who is going to tell NATO to stop poking Putin in the eye?

Putin can't back down from his demands and NATO can only stop pushing weapons into Ukraine without a war. All because Turkey sold them drones and they used one to send a message, stop shelling us.

Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova want to be EUโ€™s friends with benefits:

Georgia & Moldova both participating in Riga meeting with all NATO summit.
Latvia has has expressed interest in closer ties as well
Went back to find the link

Last edited:
This from interfax russia and thanks to google translate. this story broke 00:30 GMT 1 December

Moscow. December 1. INTERFAX.RU - More than 10 thousand servicemen as part of battalion tactical groups of motorized rifle formations of the Southern Military District marched to the areas of combined arms training grounds, the press service of the Southern Military District reports.

โ€œIn the field, about a third of the units of all formations and military units of the Southern Military District will begin the winter training period for the new academic year. More than at 30 combined-arms training grounds, "the message says.
It is noted that autonomous field camps APL-500 have been deployed on the basis of the main training grounds to accommodate personnel. For the first time, training sessions started at the new Nesterovsky training ground in Ingushetia and the Danilovsky training ground in the Volgograd region.

Link to story (Russian language)

Yep, here we go again. More references to economic sanctions. I think it's clear at this point, unless Putin makes a move on Kyiv, there shouldn't be any kinetic action from NATO.
I disagree in that it cannot and should not be limited just to Kyiv. Any enlargement or new territories should be resisted including kinetic.
When and where will it stop.
Should Ukraine be expected to give up Mariupol - Odessa?

Latvia Georgia Moldova all seem to have an opinion of where the problem lies or they wouldnโ€™t be asking for closer ties with nato at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.