• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Russia’s Stealth Fighter Delayed Again

krzepice1976

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
Russia’s Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA stealth fighter program has suffered another delay. Testing of the powerful new jet’s second stage engine, which was supposed to start later this year, has been pushed back to 2018.
“At the moment, works are being carried out within the framework of contacts with the Russian Defense Ministry,” Sergei Korotkov of the United Aircraft Corporation told the TASS news agency. “Flight tests are underway. We plan to enter the second stage of trials next year.”
Performance-wise it certainly looks to compete with the Raptor,” one senior military official with extensive experience on U.S. fifth-generation fighters told me some time ago.
Overall, while the Russians place less emphasis on stealth while focusing more on maneuverability and raw kinematic performance, the new Sukhoi-built jet appears to have a comprehensive suite of avionics.
“The analysis that I have seen on the PAK-FA indicates a pretty sophisticated design that is at least equal to, and some have said even superior to U.S. fifth-generation aircraft,” former U.S. Air Force intelligence chief Lt. Gen. Dave Deptula told me a few years ago. “It certainly has greater agility with its combination of thrust vectoring, all moving tail surfaces, and excellent aerodynamic design, than does the F-35.”
But while the Russians have developed active electronically scanned array radars, infrared sensors and excellent electronic warfare systems, one of the big questions that remain is how well the Russians have integrated the jets’ avionics.
It took the United States decades of effort and billions of dollars to develop the complex integrated avionics suite and sophisticated pilot vehicle interfaces that make the Raptor the fearsome weapon that it is.

https://warisboring.com/oof-russias-stealth-fighter-delayed-again-819b8a776d46#.qknty0st1