• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Russia military zapad21 drills

Smart. Of course, they have no chance against the Russians.
It’s possible they have no choice but there are scenarios how Ukraine could react to Russian invasion that would not play well in public opinion.
question for those close to Russian public opinion. What is the average Russian about a Russian incursion into Ukraine. I expect most want Russia to be strong but does that equate to further conflict with Ukraine?

Indian military contingent to take part in Zapad-2021 exercise

The Indian contingent has been accommodated at a comfortable field camp and granted Russia's T-72-B3 tanks and armored personnel carriers BMP-2 for temporary use.
The joint strategic exercise Zapad-2021 of the Russian and Belarusian armed forces is the closing stage of joint training by the two countries' armies.

:unsure:NATO should be worried
India has always had weapons and equipment ties to Russsia and the USSR. As well as some from west and domestic it is born out of their 60 yr position of being non-aligned.
more than like they are their simply as observers of equipment capabilities an tactics.
India would steer clear of any nato Russia conflict because of trade with west and their current alignment with US and other Asian countries in SCS and Himalayan boarder with china.
There probably window shopping military equipment.

Crimea was pretty popular with the Russian public. Remember that Putin controls the media.
It’s true but there was some ethnic ties in crimea. Crimea in the last 500 years has been a very fluid area just like much of extreme Eastern Europe. I don’t see that card being as viable in rest if Ukraine.
in fact with Russia separating out Crimea and eastern boarder land of Ukraine it has made the rest of Ukraine more culturally homogeneous. Which strengthens their civil identity. That’s would be a strength.

It’s possible they have no choice but there are scenarios how Ukraine could react to Russian invasion that would not play well in public opinion.
question for those close to Russian public opinion. What is the average Russian about a Russian incursion into Ukraine. I expect most want Russia to be strong but does that equate to further conflict with Ukraine?
Average Russians are supporting the incursion into Ukraine mostly not because of wanting Russia to be strong, but to protect the local populace of Eastern Ukraine from genocide of nationalists who took the power in 2013, and immediately started their reign with threats to ethnic Russians, banning Russian language, making parades and monuments honouring Waffen SS divisions and so on.
Most Russians take the idea of expanding as a serious risk, those who are not completely out of their minds from propaganda understand, that Russia is not ready to bear heavy toll of expansionism, and in order to grow stronger they must clean up the mess inside their country first. Because, every Putin's attempt to claim the land would inevitably fall to need of it's support that would be made on taxes of poor Russian sitizens, who barely make a living as of today due to state's enormous corruption.
War of Ukraine vs Republics goes for 7 years already, and Russians are blaming weakness and indecisiveness of their government to roll in Ukraine with Russian Army and take those region by force, because the world public would already make peace with it by this time, but we wouldn't receive daily reports about another children dying due to shelling out there.

Interesting fact about Crimea, is that all major Russian business companies, including main banks, mobile communications operators, retail markets (like Walmart and other biggest stuff of yours) are not deployed in Crimea. There is still no clear answer why. Maybe there are some complications due to tensions with the rest of world community about Crimea's identity, or they are simply scared or hesitant due to possibility of losing profit. Maybe both, but the fact is, that Crimea lacks all of vital Russian companies operationing there.

Average Russians are supporting the incursion into Ukraine mostly not because of wanting Russia to be strong, but to protect the local populace of Eastern Ukraine from genocide of nationalists who took the power in 2013, and immediately started their reign with threats to ethnic Russians, banning Russian language, making parades and monuments honouring Waffen SS divisions and so on.
Most Russians take the idea of expanding as a serious risk, those who are not completely out of their minds from propaganda understand, that Russia is not ready to bear heavy toll of expansionism, and in order to grow stronger they must clean up the mess inside their country first. Because, every Putin's attempt to claim the land would inevitably fall to need of it's support that would be made on taxes of poor Russian sitizens, who barely make a living as of today due to state's enormous corruption.
War of Ukraine vs Republics goes for 7 years already, and Russians are blaming weakness and indecisiveness of their government to roll in Ukraine with Russian Army and take those region by force, because the world public would already make peace with it by this time, but we wouldn't receive daily reports about another children dying due to shelling out there.

Interesting fact about Crimea, is that all major Russian business companies, including main banks, mobile communications operators, retail markets (like Walmart and other biggest stuff of yours) are not deployed in Crimea. There is still no clear answer why. Maybe there are some complications due to tensions with the rest of world community about Crimea's identity, or they are simply scared or hesitant due to possibility of losing profit. Maybe both, but the fact is, that Crimea lacks all of vital Russian companies operationing there.
So to make sure I understand. The Russian population “mostly” did and does support the Russian incursions into ethnic Russian Ukraine, east Ukraine and Crimea.
They would like to see Ukraine rolled up because they see Ukraine as dragging out the conflict. (This I was unsure about). But currently Russia isn’t in a position to be expansionist.

Here’s is a side question towards Crimea’s economic investment. How developed are the rail and roads across the Kerch strait and traffic that already travels to the western part of Krasnodarsk Krai? If there are not descent distribution centers for retail that would support chain store expansion into Crimea coupled with questionable conflict or status. I could see businesses moving very slowly. Especially into a region which already has resource issues to limit population growth. I would bet up until a few years ago most of all goods a service naturally flowed into Crimea from Ukraine.
Interesting observation though

Military servicemen from seven countries arrive in Russia for Zapad-2021 drills​

Armenia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to a training camp in the Western Military District. The troops are now receiving weapons and military and special equipment and making preparations for joint drills,"
The drills will involve about 200,000 people, over 80 planes and helicopters, and up to 760 pieces of military equipment.

Military servicemen from seven countries arrive in Russia for Zapad-2021 drills​

Armenia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to a training camp in the Western Military District. The troops are now receiving weapons and military and special equipment and making preparations for joint drills,"
The drills will involve about 200,000 people, over 80 planes and helicopters, and up to 760 pieces of military equipment.
interesting. any chance of this just being fluff, or not? because these seem like somewhat realistic numbers

Joint drills with both India and Pakistan?

Joint drills with both India and Pakistan?
In this exercise are all of the friends of Russia, but that does not mean that they are friends to each other. :oops:

If good old Vlad could solve the India-Pakistan problem amicably to the satisfaction of both sides, would he deserve a Nobel Peace Prize, even given Crimea? I mean, I kind of think yes?

Good old Vlad 🤑earns best 💰 by selling weapons to India and Pakistan at war.

Poland imposes state of emergency on Belarus border:

The tough law bans large gatherings and limits movement for 30 days in areas along Poland's border with Belarus.

Poland accuses Belarus of inducing migrants to fly there on the false promise of legal entry to the EU.

Speaking in parliament before Monday's vote, Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said "we are dealing with a wide-ranging political provocation".

On top of migration, he cited concerns about large joint Russian and Belarussian military exercises that are due to start near the Polish border from Friday.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see Vlad outright invading Poland. He's not stupid or crazy. No way he wants a furball with NATO, which he would definitely end up getting if he goes anywhere near a NATO country.

But I could see him distracting everyone from his real target, which I still say is SE Ukraine, roughly along a line drawn from Luhansk to Kherson. And nobody is going to raise a finger to stop him.