Russia-Moldova/Transnistria | 2022

Train

This worries me for Taiwan. I feel the only thing stopping China is the economic consequences. Not that China is actually afraid the US will militarily directly intervene.
The issue with Taiwan is that it doesn't exactly have a border to ship weapons over.

If China does decide to attack them and they control the seas, well, that's it.

Obreid

Power Poster III
The issue with Taiwan is that it doesn't exactly have a border to ship weapons over.

If China does decide to attack them and they control the seas, well, that's it.
Correct remember though Taiwan is much wealthier than Ukraine and they have been buying military weapons and training with the US and others for quite awhile.
The lack of boarder you mention make resupply of Taiwan much more dangerous and difficult for sure.

If China wants to seize control of Taiwan and try and insure its infrastructure and industry remains intact. That will be very difficult to do.
If China wants to simply claim control of Taiwan well then that’s entirely different.
Here to lies another reason the west needs to be very clear about the use of Russia using tactical nuke in Ukraine.
If Russia is allowed to get alway using a tactical nuke in Ukraine what message does that send to Taiwan and China both

Obreid

Power Poster III

Very interesting… makes sense considering Russia could be on their border any day now…
This nato force is lead by the French, the US has at a minimum a striker brigade attached to it. Plus fighter aircraft. I am making an assumption here. This nato combat group is out of Italy. The Truman is still patrolling off the coast of Italy and I’m also assuming the French carrier it near by as well. That a lot of combat aircraft available to the combat group.

Obreid

Power Poster III
All this waiting is just making it easier for Russia…but at the same time NATO doesn’t want to start moving troops because that means further escalation…
This is just my opinion here, no proof just conjecture. So no sources will be forth coming😏.
I will not be at all surprised to learn later that various NATO SF small units are already in Moldova at critical locations monitoring and gps location key specific locations amongst a number of other things SOF are able to do to prep a battle field.
Training Moldavian units in nato radio coms and forward air controllers etc.
No proof just speculation. Moldavia doesn’t have an established armed forces like Ukraine that we can just flow weapons too and wish them good luck.
We will see.

Spyglass

This is just my opinion here, no proof just conjecture. So no sources will be forth coming😏.
I will not be at all surprised to learn later that various NATO SF small units are already in Moldova at critical locations monitoring and gps location key specific locations amongst a number of other things SOF are able to do to prep a battle field.
Training Moldavian units in nato radio coms and forward air controllers etc.
No proof just speculation. Moldavia doesn’t have an established armed forces like Ukraine that we can just flow weapons too and wish them good luck.
We will see.
All the more reason why my theory also based solely on conjecture, is that NATO is planning a counter-attack for the late summer. I don’t see NATO being purely defensive long term.

william

Power Poster
All the more reason why my theory also based solely on conjecture, is that NATO is planning a counter-attack for the late summer. I don’t see NATO being purely defensive long term.
I think any military action on NATO's part will have "plausible denial ability" as long as it stays reginal. Now if russia starts trying to shoot down transport planes it's game on!